Forces you to use pulseaudio

>forces you to use pulseaudio
Heh, meant nothing by it bucko.

Attached: logo-quantum-high-res.cfd87a8f62ae.png (378x378, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1460412
wiki.voidlinux.eu/Sndio
mozilla.org/firefox/51.0/system-requirements/https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/52.0/system-requirements/https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/58.0.2/system-requirements/
askubuntu.com/questions/371595/for-pulseaudio-what-does-tsched-do-and-what-are-the-defaults
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>
>

Attached: alsa.png (300x300, 2K)

At least it doesn't buzz and distort like PA

just works on my windows machine

>poetteringware
please don't even mention it

Uhh nope. Works great on my gentoo.

the fuck is pulseaudio? some freetard shit? go fuck yourself and use chrome nigger

52 ESR does not have this problem.

>Reminder that Firefox still won't allow you to set a custom local url as your about:newtab because they need that about:newtab ad revenue
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1460412

You can still use alsa with firefox. It just isn't compiled by default for it. Void linux for example compiles it with alsa support.

>just isn't compiled OR SUPPORTED
fixed that for you

Doesn't force me on MacOS 10.14.2 Mojave(TM)

>>forces
neo-Jow Forums can't compile a browser.

Attached: 1527603440391.jpg (897x767, 72K)

What? My new tabs are custom pages...

wiki.voidlinux.eu/Sndio
Void linux doesn't have this problem

Which version of the Pöttering/Linux desktop system do you use?

I love it. Thanks to pulseaudio, systemd, Gnome and co, everything finally works together as it should.
The freetards had DECADES to make up free and open standards to make shit work so Linux could compete on the desktop with Windows and macOS, but at most they'd bikeshed the shit out of unimportant shit and not even look at the important points.
I'm glad someone's actually fixing this now, even if it's by force.

you literally cannot use a custom LOCAL page with javascript or css rules
I went as far as linking the bugzilla page to avoid lying kikes like your from tryin to claim otherwise

Dude, if you need support, why the fuck do you use desktop Linux?

Why do you want your browser to make noise? What color are you?

You can use it with JACK you retard

Install Gentoo, or CloverOS.

works with OSS on freebsd
sounds about right

>Embrace the botnet
No thanks you anti-privacy fag

>but muh faster loadtimes
Kys

It's not 2012. Pulseaudio is fine now.

It only does that if you didn't set it up properly.

Oh.. that explains why I couldn't set my index.html to new tabs. I could only make it my home page.
That sucks a lot desu.

jackpill me, what is the backend that is used as audio output everywhere? jackd?

fucking kikes

data:text/html,
It might not be the local you like but it is local, kiddo.

Attached: 469.jpg (489x499, 27K)

where to put it?

Attached: 1508714512416.jpg (385x385, 27K)

Anywhere you'd put your file:// url.

but that's exactly what's been going missing

Attached: 1508708255908.jpg (1024x904, 101K)

imagine being an ignorant retard nigger with 70 IQ

>forces you
it doesn't

and why aren't you using mpv?

No. Extensions can't load file urls but they can load data urls. Use your head.

you know ... you could upload your page somewhere

chrome & firefox have been like that for years, you're just now trying?
It's for security so javascript can't be executed locally.

retard.. LOL

What's wrong with pulseaudio? It works fine on my machine.

neo-Jow Forums uses windows

based and redpilled

Why the fuck would anyone have to set it up at all? It should work out of the box like ALSA does.

Don't use jack with firefox, it produces mustard gas!
Jokes aside, the jack implementation in firefox is absolute dogshit. After viewing a few webms with sound you will not get any sound without closing firefox. That's because firefox seems to have a hard limit how many separate connections it can use at the same time and it neglects to close the connection when a video gets unloaded from the html. No wonder firefox has memory leaks out the ass. Pulseaudio can at least deal with that retardation but you still have to deal with stream spam in the volume mixer. It's better to route firefox to pulseaudio/apulse and then hook it into jack.

Chrome works fine with just alsa.

Attached: worksonmymachine.png (200x193, 29K)

>Don't use jack with firefox, it produces mustard gas!
>Jokes aside

Attached: 1522348101233.jpg (474x513, 35K)

For real? I don't have pulseaudio on my system and Firefox works just fine. What am I missing?

>ALSA support was dropped starting Firefox 52.0 and later. Some Linux distros may have delayed this change with their own third-party Firefox packages to use ALSA until more recently.
You could compile Firefox yourself with --disable-pulseaudio --enable-alsa
Keep in mind that if you do this you will not get updates from Mozilla as it will be a third-party build.
Bug 1247056- Require PulseAudio to play sound on Linux
mozilla.org/firefox/51.0/system-requirements/https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/52.0/system-requirements/https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/58.0.2/system-requirements/

*redneckpilled

How can I check if it's already been compiled with alsa support? I'm simply using the firefox package on the core arch repo, didn't install a de so I'm sure that there is no pulseaudio on my system

You probably need to turn of time based scheduling, or whatever it's called.

tsched=0

You put that in your Pulse Audio config, but I don't remember where. Read this link:

askubuntu.com/questions/371595/for-pulseaudio-what-does-tsched-do-and-what-are-the-defaults

Find /etc/pulse/default.pa and edit it. Then find the line load-module module-udev-detect and modify it to look like this: load-module module-udev-detect tsched=0

Kill PulseAudio: pulseaudio -k
Restart PulseAudio: pulseaudio -D

You can check if PulseAudio is still on with pulseaudio --check

You'll want to do the PulseAudio commands in the terminal. Happy hacking.

To add to my post, make sure to edit /etc/pulse/default.pa as root.

As for tsched, Pulse enables this by default. It's supposed to make interaction between your hardware and Pulse more accurate/less latent or something, but USUALLY it just crackles and pops in Firefox or whenever you're trying to use a microphone/record. I always turn this stupid stuff off.

works out of the box for me. however alsa I have this issue where it randomly freaks out and kills my ears with a loud static noise.

it's better to add custom user settings in your home folder in ~/.config/pulse/default.pa

Yeah, that's true. I haven't done it that way yet.

Idiot.

Attached: womyn_and_shitskins_cant_into_merit.png (1352x1448, 182K)

Pulse you say?

Attached: omar-mateen-2.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 62K)

so, you don't know either, and you're hoping someone else will say it?

>projecting this hard
Go back to the shithole you came from, reddirt imbecile.