1. It would be nice if someone could add the feature mentioned at to HPSX64. Its source code is available at

1. It would be nice if someone could add the feature mentioned at github.com/unknownbrackets/maxcso/issues/28 to HPSX64. Its source code is available at github.com/Zero3K/hpsx64.

2. It would be nice if it were to play games at a faster FPS than they are currently being played at (As an example, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana plays its OP at 14-18 FPS).

Attached: 1493149006646.jpg (648x526, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

u.teknik.io/yH6LB.mkv
github.com/Zero3K/hpsx64/releases/tag/v0241.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

get out kid

What do you want me to post a screenshot of then? I posted one that shows proof that it works. Its better than one that just shows a white background.

Anyone?

Add it yourself

I'm not a developer. I wonder why people are so hesistant to help out with this program but not with Opera 12.15 when I made threads about it on here.

Its not hard to implement the 1st suggestion anyways as long as you know how to code. The second one is probably harder.

Because that's how open source works, you either do it yourself or you open an issue and wait however long for somebody to pick it up of their own will instead of repeatedly requesting it like an obnoxious retard

Well, if I keep posting about it, someone will help. Which is what happened with Opera 12.15.

I will buy you a rope if you will use it to end your own life.

Sadly, I can't help you. This is a Windows only emulator.

Unless one modifies it to work on other OSes.

>2. It would be nice if it were to play games at a faster FPS than they are currently being played at (As an example, Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana plays its OP at 14-18 FPS).
How do you know your CPU isn't the bottleneck?

My CPU is a Intel Core i5-6400 @ 2.7 GHz. Also, when I look at the Memory being used by the Graphics Card for its process, its only around 13 MB.

>GPU
>emulation

Shouldn't the Graphics Card be used to accelerate it?

God OP this thread is cringy. You're begging for free paid work. It's like those cringe images where people try to get shit for free from for sale listings on Craigslist

No one minded working on Opera 12.15's source code.

what's wrong with pcsx2?

You don't have a slightest clue on how software development happens, do you?

It uses plugins, doesn't play some games (such as Tales of Legendia) on my GPD WIN 2 as fast as I would like it to, and having an alternative is always nice.

The GPU is only used for rendering graphics on the screen. Since it's PS2 emulation, the graphics are simple and don't stress the GPU. The intensive part of emulation is on the CPU, because the CPU has to recompile the PS2 MIPS instructions into Intel x86 instructions, and perform recompilation fast enough so that it can play games at an acceptable speed.

Oh, ok. Does the Intel x86 instructions also apply to a 64-bit emulator? Also, maybe he should've used multi-threading for the CPU part along with the GPU part (I only notice the multi-threading option in the GPU menu of the latest version).

Because that benefitted them. You got lucky. Get over it and fuck off.

I won't.

>Does the Intel x86 instructions also apply to a 64-bit emulator?
Yes. In general, what an emulator is is a program that trans-compiles, or "converts" code meant to run on one computer so it runs on another computer. If the emulator targets 64-bit computers, then the JIT compiler will target instructions from the AMD64 extension of the Intel x86 CPU instruction set.

>Also, maybe he should've used multi-threading for the CPU part along with the GPU part
I don't know much about compilers and compiler design, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. But from what I know about most emulators and JIT compilers, it wouldn't make sense to perform JIT recompilation on multiple threads. The compiler needs to read instructions sequentially in order to make sure that the CPU executes the original code correctly. If the JIT compiler performs recompilation on multiple threads, the compiler could start reading instructions out of order, which could crash the running program on the target machine. In order to ensure that the original code is run correctly and in order, the JIT compiler is only run on a single thread. The emulator can run GPU emulation and graphics rendering on a second thread, in order to keep the load of JIT compilation on its own thread, but the compilation step should be done in order and on its own thread. Multithreading is useful for asynchronous operations and when the order of operations doesn't matter, but if a set of instructions needs to be completed in a specific order, it's best to keep those instructions on a single thread.

TL;DR Emulators don't use more than two threads so they don't run the risk of running instructions out of order.

You probably can do the JIT part multithreaded, because its just the translator, but the code execution itself must be done on only one core.
Also you can in theory emulate multiple CPUs with multiple cores, some emulators even that, but the "virtual time" must match the real one.
As in the virtual CPU 1 expects the virtual CPU 2 to be at X point, but with JIT and shit you can't guarantee that without using some sort of tracker that takes quite a bit of CPU time as well.

Has there been an update to the opera source code? I'm very interested in that.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Unfortunately, no.

When playing a game in HPS2X64 on my GPD WIN 2, Process Hacker 2 reports 0.00% of the GPU is being used with 0 RAM dedicated to it and 17 MB shared.

nvm i figured it out

Here's a picture of its list of threads shown in Process Hacker 2.

Attached: HPS2X64 Threads.png (591x673, 29K)

I thought that guy said people worked on it?

Well, they did in the past. There's one person on the Discord Server who might work on it some more.

Just out of curiosity, what modern functionality is broken on 12.15 at the moment? I bet most extentions and ad blocking don't work.

Sites like Twitch, Facebook, Twitter, etc. don't render properly and most secure sites don't work.

Here's a link to the video of the slowness I am experiencing on my PC and on my GPD WIN 2:

u.teknik.io/yH6LB.mkv

By the way, that was recorded on my GPD WIN 2.

Anyone going to see how it performs on their PC?

You can download the latest version at github.com/Zero3K/hpsx64/releases/tag/v0241.

>if I keep posting about it, someone will help
or people will simply start to filter "hps2x64".

Oh, yeah. I didn't think about that.

gaymerfag.
This isn't a helpdesk moron.
Winfaggotry.

I could try compiling it on a Macbook.

I'm currently installing MinGW onto it via Homebrew.

Yeah, it won't compile because it relies on the API of Windows.

I guess people are just ignoring me then.

You're so cringy talking to yourself like that, do you have legitimate Asperger's?

who fucking cares you came here asking for someone to implement new stuff just because you want it, you are a moron and a manchild and as such you belong to

Learn to code, faggot.

>buying a $600 toaster to play PS2 games
lol

You made this gay thread yesterday. Kill yourself