Is there an ARMv8 (64-bit) OS for raspberry pi that uses runit? If not, what's the best 64 bit pi os?

Is there an ARMv8 (64-bit) OS for raspberry pi that uses runit? If not, what's the best 64 bit pi os?

All I need is something to run syncthing 24/7

Attached: 20181226_203012.jpg (3264x2448, 1.81M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.voidlinux.eu/Raspberry_Pi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just use Raspbian.

Dietpi

>Systemd

Attached: DWrS5hj_d.jpg (540x549, 15K)

Install gentoo on it.
I saw an pre made imege of gentoo somewere on the internet.

Do you really need 64-bit OS running on a computer with 1GB of RAM? Even raspbian was 32-bit last time I checked.

wiki.voidlinux.eu/Raspberry_Pi

Yes. ARM's 64bit pipelines are faster than the 32bit.
It's literally better performance.

>All I need is something to run syncthing 24/7
Syncthing has 32bit ARM releases.

Why are you using Rpi if you need performance?
Also I'm literally using a rpi3 as a syncthing/file server right now, runs raspbian 32-bit because i'm not autistic enough.

Is aarch64 the same as armv8? There's a void linux rootfs with aarch64 and I'm thinking it'll be 64 bit for the rasp pi, with void and runit.

The wiki might be outdated, I know this because I've updated it with false information and they still haven't changed it.

Attached: 9ae90277d44a719f5ee795b2738838e5animewolfgirlanimecat.jpg (434x423, 33K)

devuan you systemd cucks

>devuan you systemd cucks
I installed this yesterday on a laptop here.
So far so good.
Just one issue though. I need to get vpn daemon to fire up at start up.
To get vpn gui /application to work I need to put a buncha crap in on CL first.
Nonetheless am glad I finally have devuan on this machine.

>can't install runit on it
What's the point

Yes AArch64 is the same as ARMv8 and ARM64.

What are you trying to achieve in the first place?
What are milestones and final mission?
New to rasp pi.

Void or devuan

>why would you want to better utilize your hardware's capabilities when it already technically works

Personal cloud server with low power demand

openbsd has a slightly shitty raspberry pi port if you're allergic to gnu/autism

You try to make it sound silly but yes. Yes, why would you even try to squeeze more out of that pi. You're either not gonna notice or if performance was marginally it won't be enough to fix it.

more to the point the bottleneck for the task isnt even gonna be the fukin CPU its gonna be the sd card so its doubly irrelevant

Don't bother looking for 64bit fa.m It hasn't have enough RAM. Don't waste even more RAM and time on larger executables.

Buy a rock64 and run Debian