Skis are technology. Post yours

Skis are technology. Post yours.

Attached: IMG_20181229_153344.jpg (3036x4048, 2.59M)

Dont own any.
I simply skid down the hill with my naked arse.

Literally

it doesn’t really snow here ;_;

pretty much these but 9.2 (so previous years model)
color scheme is red, green and black instead
idk when I bought them, 2009 maybe

any improvements I'm missing out on?
I was skiing yesterday and they still work fine

Attached: atomic supercross.jpg (700x700, 64K)

I have these. They handle Eastern crud pretty well. I'm flying out to Utah in a couple weeks, so I'll have to rent something thiccer for powder skiing.

Attached: clone[1].jpg (700x700, 63K)

Well if you've been using those consistently since 2009 then they must be beat to hell by now. I imagine most of their flexibility is gone.
A newer pair would probably be a lot lighter too.

found a pic
>tfw too lazy to go to the garage
mine are 175cm tho

Attached: atomic supercross.jpg (600x900, 52K)

I had the ski fittings and springiness tested last year
fitting was losing its grip a bit, but it was still possible to make it harder, so no problem there.
lighter might be possible, but that would also impact carving capability, no?

Unless you're actually going through the Slalom course on a regular basis I don't think weight reduction will significantly impact your carving abilities.
If they still work for you then just keep em. It wouldn't hurt to try a few demos though to see if you're missing something you might like.

I live on an island in the sub tropics, it doesn't snow, at all. it's currently the coldest it's been all year and it's 18C/64F.

>skiing
don't think this board can get any more white if it tried. while you guys are at it, why not post pics of your minivans? kek

t. Angry nigger too poor to travel to a snowcapped mountain

This is funny because most actual blacks choose to ski instead of snowboard, for some reason. Go back to Jow Forums, you larping faggot.

No shit. Whites are the majority... what did you expect? Go find a off shoot chan based in africa if youre so bothered

Attached: IMG_20181217_144936.jpg (854x640, 138K)

Yikes

Dual entry fix are a must my dude
I bought a nidecker mercs for christmas
Can't wait to try it out

>he doesn't own the autistic snowboard

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 10K)

I got a 'deal' buying boots board bindings together at a local place this year, so im gonna roll with it as it is for a while.
No i got the hippie environmentalist one.

fuck off james

Moving home after school is rough, it still hasn't snowed here

Attached: clone.jpg (700x700, 53K)

truly the thinkpad of snowboards

Volkl Wall 2017
Hopefully the last bloody pair I buy

Attached: 618vLCXI-XL._SY550_.jpg (413x550, 21K)

Bump

I used to have one, but nowdays I mostly just rent

I'll post my collection here. No photos unfortunately. Got these in 178 for tight turns on hardpack.

Attached: 70450502a_head_Monster88_TI_SW_201516_allmountain.jpg (1000x1000, 78K)

fucking minority poster go back to reddddditt and kill yourself do us a fqvour fucking normie bitch

this are mine

Attached: k2-revival-skis-2011.jpg (1500x1500, 209K)

These in 182 as a daily driver. Love them to hell although they are pretty burly.

Attached: 15-16-Line-Supernatural-108-.jpg (226x1020, 145K)

Sold these last year because I outgrew them in 172. Stripped the bindings off and put them on the Heads

Attached: rossignol-soul-7-skis-2014-164-front.jpg (1500x1500, 135K)

Bought these puppies for alpine touring with some G3 Ions on. Haven't got to use them much yet but I'll take them up to Japan in February.
If anyone in this thread is looking at buying skis, I suggest checking out Blister Gear Reviews. They absolutely do the best reviews in the biz, when most other review sites are super biased and just promote the latest Head/Rossi/Salomon/Atomic skis.

Forgot picture'

Attached: Dynafit_Hokkaido.jpg (1200x1200, 273K)

>alpine touring
Bump.
Strange that there’s not more touring guys on here, because touring is easily the most autistic kind of skiing there is.
There’s a whole “ricing” culture even, for shaving of grams and you can easily spend retarded amounts of money for the latest and greatest gear with carbon whatever and you even can replicate the AMD/intel wars when discussing step-in vs pin bindings. And you even still have via errr... Tele as an outsider!

That said: unless you are mostly going on Piste or hard freeriding, pin is the only way to go ;^)
Got me some mid tier Dynafit and it’s really nice. Also you get funny looks if you use it on piste.
And it’s insane how light the average skis are nowadays. Had a dynafit baltoro and that was already almost too light ( so light that I broke it, together with my back) so now I got a blizzard zero g 85 and holy shit, that fucker is even lighter!

Attached: 5484C37C-5FAC-48B9-AA3C-4D508BCC1F20.jpg (1000x1000, 74K)

Do you even cross-country ski?

Attached: a.jpg (1000x667, 264K)

er the new Salomon/Atomic transition bindings definitely supplant frame bindings unless you're a really strong aggressive skier. Yeah ultralights fags are intolerable but there's definitely something to be said for not having to drag that extra 5 lbs uphill. Zero gs are crazy light although i'd watch closely for rocks on those. I spent a season in a shop and saw quite a few destroyed since they're so delicate.

A bit. As a sport, it’s quite good a workout, but touring is more wholesome. What I really like (but don’t do, the landscape here is not meant for it) is scandi style backcountry. Skis are a bit wider and you just really go cross country, without prepared tracks, often with a pulka and for days.

I'm Norwegian so I'm required by law to do it

Yeah I’m kinda worried about destroying them, but I’m not in the mountains often enough to warrant having multiple pairs. And I got them via a friends friend who works in the industry, so the whole deal cost me less that 200, so I’m not too worried (but still a bit).
And it really is nice to just literally fly uphill on such a light setup, but at some point you just don’t get much return for you money anymore. Ironically, among my circle of friends I already was the guy with the most stamina, back when I had some 20yo freeride setup (some dynafit behemoth (back in the day, when 70mm was considered freeride) with a Fritschi FR) and now I’m even faster... but I’m not complaining.

I'm finnish and only cross country ski because
>no mountains

Can't imagine living without mountains. My town is surrounded by mountains taller than anything you guys got. I love mountains. Every time I visit Denmark I get depressed, what a sad thing

You guys got lakes I guess

pls gib citizenship

Bump

I got these.

But they're a bit oversized and I made the mistake of becoming less fit and less often on the slopes than I was a few years ago, so I'll probably realistically need new ones.

Attached: 135-1200.jpg (1200x991, 201K)