Who here still /IPOD/?

Who here still /IPOD/?

Attached: IMG_2468 (Edited).jpg (2446x3169, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

iflash.xyz/
iflash.xyz/runtime-shootout-dual-sdxc-msata-sdxc-and-original-hard-drive/
kickstarter.com/projects/843453043/flang-hifi-player-and-dock-speaker/comments
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh yeah all me. Love it with the rockbox.

I still feature phone and use it like an ipod.

I unironically use mine to read hentai

my iphone 4 lives in my car connected to the stereo and syncs on wifi for my music. Recently got spotify so hopefully that syncs too.

give it a clean, if its still treating you right, you should return the favour.

Its cool you can shove over 1.5tb of storage into an old ass iPod and like a 3000mah battery... but it just another thing.
I already have a mobile dac+amp and an SD card slot (as well as a home server)
I've been trying to reduce the amount of unnecessary things, and unfortunately a DAP easily falls into that category for me :(

I listen to mine at work a lot so the fuck huge battery is a huge plus for me. Being able to listen to music for a whole week is a must.

does your work limit your phone? I've gotten away with a wireless charger and my DAC out. Bluetooth could also be an option assuming aptx HD or Sony's solution.
If you're active, in hazard, or limited I understand having a dedicated completely.

I'm a welder.

that makes sense, good luck doing gods work user

My classic just died. Bad hd. Too lazy to crack it open, honestly. My phone has 256 GB of storage and I have two working Sansa Clip+s, but I am a little bummed. It’s the last model though, so a pain to repair.

ended up having to find an earbud that actually was db rated. Ended up finding one at an auto part store funny enough. Went for the mono one because I still need to hear what my welder sounds like. Turns out the earbud itself doesn't mix the music down to mono, but rockbox can god bless.

Ive got an ipod that has been modded and messed with for years now, i've debated getting new casing for it. I threw an ssd 128gb into it and rockbox'ed, just drag n drop shit and haven't used the ipod os for god knows how long.
I'd buy it off you for a few bucks, mine's the 5gen and id like to tinker with the last gen they did.

Attached: KIMG0006.jpg (1920x2560, 387K)

still me, but any good easy ways to get dust out from behind the case, on the screen? shit is irritating.

I sadly don't anymore, but this thread made me remember back to when my classic got run over by a fucking bus (it even flipped over between the wheels so each side got run over) and still worked fine. I miss when apple still made quality products.

I'd get another one if I had a need for a dedicated portable music player

I still have a zune if that counts

I remember hearing the Zune was an absolute unit but got shafted by microsoft

I've been using Rockbox on mine to learn morse code, you can use it for text input

I want a last gen ipod real bad. Only problem is that they're all scratched to hell and back on Ebay.

ipod can suck abag of dicks im still pissed about no FLAC support and having to transcode ALAC when computers were slow as fuck. They could of at least done 24bit/48k like later iphones but nooooo it was all 16bit

I loved the fuck out of my ipod video for many years and just kept it stock because i wanted to keep it as a time capsule back to 2005 and muh playlists of happier times.

Jobs Died. Apple Dropped the ball, all they cared about was pushing apple music apps and streaming. Shanling has now made the M0 which is the logical conclusion to the nanno / shuffle and my Zishan DSD has a 256gb card filled with DSD 5.6mhz pumping through a differential output and is all i fantasised about and wished for back when i had my pod.

I for one welcome our new chinese pod overlords (they will get the UI right one day)

Attached: IMG_7116.jpg (2448x3264, 1.83M)

The zune is a great piece of hardware and the software wasn't half bad. I still can't find software that rivaled it for podcast management. That and it could sync wirelessly to update said podcasts. Plus the fact if you had some artist synced to your zune and you put another album from said artist onto your zune it would sync itself to the zune if you told the software to watch that sort of thing.
Zune pass was an unlimited streaming service that you could stream from the zune itself. Zune Hd was hd because it came with a fucking digital radio.
Fuck the zune was good. I'm still mad.

I'm honestly waiting on the UI aspect at this point. I've seen some decent players but the UI is just such a clusterfuck for 11k songs i can't be bothered.

Hmm, what’s a few bucks? Say, $50 more or less?

>fagPod

Attached: 1535886673050.png (400x1650, 367K)

I miss my iPod. Wish my fucking phone wasn't always out of space. I don't have any music on it

Attached: IMG_2691.png (750x1334, 121K)

>ishit
Found your problem.

>have 160GB Classic
>Clickwheel sucks ass
>Battery holds fuckall for a charge
>Music library too big to all fit on it
>Have a 256GB microSD card for phone
>Still can't bring myself to get rid of the iPod

Can't speak for earlier models but the 120GB model was damn good.

Hey Zishan user, I had a question about that Z2 in the /csg/ thread. How would it handle large libraries (15 GB worth)?
If it can't handle 'em that well, what's a good alternative?

fix it up.

You will never get a decent UI out of chink players.
And especially not the likes of those. It's clear that they don't even care.

still get parts on ebay

I never understood listening to music everywhere you go like a brainwashed drone.

Why not just collect your thoughts like people did 100 years ago? This is probably why people are fucked up today.

Attached: muricawithguns.jpg (499x750, 91K)

Why even post on Jow Forums?

15GB isn't large at all, i manage ~7k songs easily on my T6 but it's rockboxed.
is right though, chink UIs are useless garbage so YMMV

Musicfags dont have thoughts, they are NPCs.

Oh shit dude, I'm a pipefitter/welder too.
I also use a 5.5 gen Ipod and picked up some Tin T2's just yesterday.
What do you weld mostly?
Did you steal my identity?

Attached: 3-26-16.jpg (1280x960, 201K)

Sorry to tell you, but people only "collected their thoughts" because they didn't have nearly as much technology as we do now. Hell, even stuff like a newspaper used to be the primary form of entertainment on public transportation. And who says it's always music? Why not an audio book? News audio? Talk radio?

Attached: 1539540866821.jpg (787x900, 276K)

>permanently leasing a device that owns you
No thanks.

>I never understood listening to music everywhere you go like a brainwashed drone.

You're not necessarily brainwashed if you listen to music everywhere you go. For example, it could be some indie artist, or just alternative music that isn't corporate-controlled trash.

I have welded a wide variety of stuff, I was doing bridge work for a while. Having the dot in the shop was "fun"
Now I'm doing mostly farm equipment, half the stuff I don't know what it's for they just give me prints and component parts.
It's alright, I've been enjoying audiobooks at work a lot lately though. Librivox is great for free books. God damn the last book I listened to had a piss poor ending and I was just mad.

Attached: axzdeg2_700b.jpg (239x249, 4K)

>tfw my 160gb died last year
Rest in piss my old friend.

Attached: 1180997038273.png (736x736, 33K)

Because when you think too much you reach conclusions that don't fit the narrative

Sorry i have been out partying or been partied out.

>How would it handle large libraries (15 GB worth)?

well my Z2 handled a 64gb card fine and i found its sweet spot was to keep about 20 off my latest hi-res downloads there. Any more folders and navigation became a problem. You are literally blind.

The Zishans all just navigate by a very simple folder hierachy and do not let you browse your music based on "artist" or "genre" like ipod: if i want to browse a huge library with a gui i just use it as a OTG DAC with iphone 6 or macbook air

I purchased the bigger Zishan DSD to basicly do one job. Randomly Shuffle the entire `160gb 24/96 12" 80s mixes from the burning the ground blog. That it does and i couldnt be happier. I would not want to navigate what 15gb of lossy music folders would look like

www.burningtheground.net

im not familliar with the UI quirks on any other players so i cant comment but open your mind to just using them as a DAC

Attached: IMG_6898.jpg (3264x2448, 2.06M)

hello

there

reddit

upvoat

xd

You ever use anything by Cayin?

> You will never get a decent UI out of chink players.

Possible. What i have learned through playing with chi-fi is that apple probably spent at least an order of magnitude more man hours refining the UI and software and looks of the ipods than the actual audio playing hardware. They all sound like weak flabby shit.

Attached: IMG_7108.jpg (2448x3264, 2.4M)

I don't even bother with apple ui on my ipod i just use rockbox which is simple enough to navigate easily with the scroll wheel. if i had something that worked as well (prefereably with rockbox too) and managed a bunch of music, id ditch the ipod. It really only get used in the car / at work.

Can you install rockbox wrong? I've tried it twice with my ipod video and it just seems to give me worse battery life.

iPod Shuffle 4th Gen got from a friend

What mp3 player is this?

I was until the fucker died on me, the usual issue with the videos where theres some bad solder or some shit and no more audio out of it

Rockbox actually has shit battery life. I get maybe 6 hours now because of a newer higher mAh battery. That's probably your best bet to keep rockbox. It's worse on stock older batteries, and stock HDD

What gen Ipod are you using?
How old is your battery?
Are you on the factory hdd or a flash card?

its a a1136 video, replaced the screen and battery ages ago, stock hdd

I keep seeing Flash Card recs or installs and i used an ssd. Should i switch or is the performance difference minimal?

>What mp3 player is this?

Its not an mp3 player its a Zishan AK4497eq DSD DAP.

I actually dont think there are any mp3 on that entire 256gb card

#Hi-Res-Life

Attached: IMG_6884.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)

>iToddler
You're a pathetic faggot

You're retarded

If it's a lower GB model you're working with about a 580 mah battery. I'd say because your still with a HDD and an old battery of lower capacity, your battery life should be expected to be low.
Replace the HDD with an SD card + adapter and get a new battery and youll be good to go. I actually just did my own ipod 5.5 gen build, and I'm getting at least two day (continous use) on a charge.
Check out iflash.xyz/
They sell adapters and include info on battery life tests. I personally installed the SD solo adapter, cuz it had the least power consumption of anything they sell.

mSATA cards are decent performers but consume a lot of power.
Check out iflash.xyz/runtime-shootout-dual-sdxc-msata-sdxc-and-original-hard-drive/ for more info.
But I'd say the performance you'd see from a mSATA drive is negated by the poor battery life.

id on earbuds?

Not him, but they look like TIn Audio.

neat.

which sd adapter do you recommend?

What decade is this?

I did the SD solo because the power consumption with that particular adapter was the lowest, resulting in the best possible battery life for my setup. Also, because 128gb is enough for me. I would recommend their dual or quad adapters if your shooting for 512gb - 1.5 tb.
iflash is spendy though. Theyre also shipping from the UK, so it takes a while.
There are other adapters easily found on amazon that do the same thing.

Thanks. I do my best.

>he streams his music
>he doesn't own his music
>he puts up with ads on a stream service
>he destroys his phone battery for it
>he is a complete faggot

Attached: lebowski_reaction.png (820x360, 328K)

>Who
Degenerates

>cant collect thoughts while listening to music

Attached: get out.jpg (400x400, 22K)

>Streams music
sure, on desktop.
>doesn't own his music
if you're listening on an ipod, I"m betting neither do you
>he puts up with ads on a streaming service
It costs $2.50 US fun bucks a month on a family plan
>destroys his phone's battery for it
Playing spotify barely registers on my daily battery use, especially since it's playing from local storage and comes in 320kbps which is perfect since I'm not a dirty audiophile.
>He is a complete faggot
Nice projection
Should audiophiles be incarcerated or institutionalised?

wat

You know DAPs are good for more than music, right?

All of the "classic" ipods have a shit dac. Actually old school ipods are ok though.

wolfson dac chip for lyfe.

You don't own your iPod, user. Apple does.
You just purchased a lifetime lease, basically.

Also, it owns you, the user, because of its restrictive software forcing you to behave how it wants you to behave (i.e. forcing you to use its proprietary codecs and software to connect to it)

>You don't own your iPod, user. Apple does.
Whatever you say
>Also, it owns you, the user, because of its restrictive software forcing you to behave how it wants you to behave (i.e. forcing you to use its proprietary codecs and software to connect to it)
Are you seriously unaware of Rockbox?

if we're talking older ipods, apple doesnt give a fuck about them. they havent for a long time, look at ebay / amazon parts that's all you get for repairs. then there's rockbox which kills the itunes.
>new ipods
we don't buy those since it's just a fucking wiphone.

>Are you seriously unaware of Rockbox?
Yes, because I don't use Apple products anymore.

Apple products are just a drop in the bucket of Rockbox supported devices

>Rockbox
Huh, neat. I wasn't aware of this. Thank you.

I still wouldn't buy Apple hardware, but this might be nice on something else. Thanks!

rockbox isn't exclusively related to apple devices you fucking imbecile
holy shit

See Slow-kun

OP here i found i got way shitty battery life with rockbox too. I even replaced the battery TWICE and still no improvment

no but their flagship with the Korg Nu Tube gets me rock hard

Tin T2 with a TRN cable. I use my tin with normal 3.5mm and my Revonext QT2 with 2.5mm balanced to stop me swapping shit round all the time.

this whole thread and not a single mention of the gigantic pozzed mess that was itunes.

i havent once bought an ipod from apple i always got used.
Stock battery i had awful battery with rockbox, i got maybe 2 hours if i didnt use the screen / just shuffled. Are you on newer rockbox firmware, like the nightly builds or on 3.13 and lower?

>itunes
yeah most people tend to use other shit that works with ipod (foobar, mediamonkey etc) or just drag n drop files and use rockbox.

for some reason ipog classic 6th gen (SPECIFICALLY) is "unsupported" by rockbox. but you can still install it etc. which is what ipod model i have. i;m on 3.13 right now. if i fully charge and let it play all day by the end of the day (6-8hrs) it will be nearly drained.
I also have this issue with rockbox that the ipod has to be ON to charge, as in you have to boot up rockbock and go into the menu otherwise it will not charge. so when the ipod is COMPLETELY dead i have to open it up and disconnect the HD so it can charge

>ishit
Found your problem.

still hanging out in this thread?

The screen gets dead spots sometimes and the battery isn't what it used to be but it still serves me well in the gym.

Attached: 20181230_002008.jpg (4032x1960, 2.03M)

Nice, I still use my Nano for that

Attached: IMG_2696.jpg (2446x3038, 1.39M)

yeah that last gen ipod i hear is a bitch to sort with rockbox. i dont know what your battery issue could be since im on the 5g.

>no mention of itunes
I'm pretty sure the general consensus here was that rockbox was best for ipods and didn't need saying.
But yes, itunes is fucked.

Here's your new iPod Jow Forums

Attached: HTB1wZR7asvrK1Rjy0Feq6ATmVXat.jpg (1000x667, 158K)

How do Archfags interface with their iPod? It is not recognized natively.

Anyone have experience with this? It's called the Ruizu A50
Looks cool, but is it actually a good player?

Attached: 2119929101-257338025.jpg (800x800, 93K)

Most likely no. I love buttons as muck as the next guy but that ui looks like its running on a phone from 1991.

Attached: HTB1bTR_asrrK1RjSspaq6AREXXab.jpg (800x800, 62K)

it looks cool no doubt, but I think that knob would get ripped right the fuck off in my pocket.

Oh, it was a kick starter. People seem upset with what they got.
kickstarter.com/projects/843453043/flang-hifi-player-and-dock-speaker/comments