He's right you know

He's right you know.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 8.32.46 PM.png (1196x492, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>hey everyone I'm smart because I complain without providing solutions

lojbanic programming language when

sharp observation

>1920s
nigger, programming languages weren't invented until way later.

Lisp was a discovery, not an invention.

What?

Languages are a 4000 BC technology that we still use to speak to other humans because we haven't found anything better yet.

He's solved coding. Interesting.

Attached: 1545871255724.jpg (618x527, 60K)

>Sockpuppet thread screenshotting a post from somewhere else

This is Jow Forums, retweeting does not exist here. Please consider leaving your comments on the Twitter if you want to have a discussion about a post made there.

Lisp was a naturally occuring phenomenon until those MIT fucks captured and domesticated it.

>vibrating your vocal chords while exhaling
pathetic

Or
>p-programming is *sniff* tooo hard and I wa-want to be cool h-h-hacker m-man-n
Don't fix what ain't broke.

Math is discovered, not invented. Lisp 1.0 was originally intended as a mathematical notation for lambda calculus when constructing specific algorithms with it.

>somebody should using programming languages to write a program that translates plain english into programs so I can pretend that I'm a programmer

Attached: 1538910986981.jpg (251x242, 12K)

>speak to computers
but he's not right

90% of modern languages are basically english with special punctuation

not even fucking close

>programming languages use English grammar
actually pants on head retarded

That's what these people do. They contribute nothing to the field, wait until all the work's been done, then act like they're real programmers because they can follow a tutorial to perform some extremely superficial tasks without really understanding what it's doing.

>everyone in this thread complaining, yet not saying he's wrong

Attached: fimpp.png (1415x822, 100K)

Don't worry user, I'm sure one day all programmers will be replaced by AI

This

>everything is obsolete waaaah

Lisp is the language God used to create the universe.

He's an idiot you know.

what the fuck is this, then?

This is not plain english, it's pony speak.

Is that supposed to be deep or something?

I'm pretty sure the only reason does anything the current way they're doing it is because they haven't found a better way of doing it.

Attached: 1542157476953.jpg (1440x1080, 126K)

>Fire is a 500,000 BC technology that we still use to make things hot because we haven't found anything better yet

>you have to be a master chef to talk shit about rotten food

Attached: 1330812944225.jpg (511x788, 112K)

You do have to be a master chef to critique the methods.

Mathematics is entirely made up by humans. It is an artificial framework that is useful. As romantic as it is to say it is “discovered”, Math is most definitely invented.

No it’s not kek

Eh, it's kind of on the line between discovery and invention.
It's the most basic abstraction one can make about our world.
Should there be an alien civilization, their math would probably be the same.
Can't say that about other "inventions".

We are on the brink of making fusion work though

A lot of languages use English words, yes.

Attached: 1539643985287.gif (200x200, 2M)

does it actually?

Axioms are invented, the rest is discovered.

Nope. The crab will continue living in agony while it is cooked. It will not die until it hits your stomach acid.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

>Electricity is a 1750s technology that we still use to provide energy because we haven't found anything better yet.

>Metal is an iron age technology that we still use to make stuff because we haven't found anything better yet.

>we do thing because we no make better way of do thing yet
What an enlightened statement.

Based frogposter

>fire is an early stone age technology that we still use for many things because we haven't found anything better yet.

wow what a deep and vague, meaningless statement!

Attached: llxdM9g.png (843x859, 691K)

This is how modern programming languages came to be, you hit diminishing returns though. It's not that useful and very complicated to program a more "intuitive" or more human language than what we have right now.

While this guy is a fuck I would like to comment on the inherit bandwidth restriction of doing everything through a keyboard. Putting some of it on like voice commands or some sort of abstraction/shorthand that helps you express what your trying to say are ideas worth exploring. TL:DR even if your a fast typer the maximum amount of bandwith that can go between you and the computer is extremely limited.

cobol

At 120 characters per minute, which I assume is normal for this board, the amount of information you can push through a keyboard is huge.
Thing is that natural and especially programming languages actually have much less entropy. You can improve your speed by writing in a Lempel-Ziv encoding of your choice.

Generalised complaints don't make you intelligent. That's the definition of edgyness.

>Spoken languages are a prehistoric era technology that we still use to communicate with each other because we haven't developed anything better yet

>wheels are an ancient technology that we still use to move things short distances because we have found anything better yet.

The peano arithmetic cannot be proven self-consistent due to Gödel's incompleteness theorem; our axioms are subjective. There is no reason why an alien would use any part of our system of mathematics.

Wheels are a per-historic technology that we still use to make vehicles because we haven't found anything better yet.

Pretty sure they weren't around in the 20s and this guy is retarded. And the only alternatives to programming languages that I've heard brainlets come up is GUI programs which is fucking retarded.
God made mathematics, not man you dumb atheist CIA nigger.

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 77K)

Base 10 is invented, the shit you can do with it is discovered.

>Pretty sure they weren't around in the 20s and this guy is retarded. And the only alternatives to programming languages that I've heard brainlets come up is GUI programs which is fucking retarded.
base-
>God made mathematics, not man you dumb atheist CIA nigger.
ew, nevermind...

You're retarded you know

Anyone who is qualified to change it is clearly too busy with actual work to change any of this shit. Being good at writing code generally means you probably don't worry about trivial shit like calling it "Programming languages" and you worry with shit like "what the fuck is wrong with this garbage?" or "Who wrote this shit, it's all trash" etc etc.
The word "Hello" also hasn't changed in hundreds of years, why don't you worry about trivial shit like that instead?

You know, this makes me think, there are languages with very clear grammar, like classical latin. It's so clear the order of the words in the sentance doesn't even matter (sometimes it does, but whatever). Do you think it's possible to produce code from latin?

This
C#

public static void Main(){
int x = (1+1)
Console.WriteLine(x)
}

If you can't read this and understand at least vaguely what it does without any prior background knowledge of programming then you literally need to learn how to read

this is the most retarded tweet of all time

>1920s technology
>modern programming languages didn't arrive until the late 1940s, 50s, and 60s.

>doesn't compile

works fine for me buddy

Attached: sadasdasd.png (422x225, 5K)

I can do it while inhaling too

>languages are a 10000BC technology that we still use to speak with others because we haven't found anything better yet

Fusion doesn't solve the fire problem.
We will still use fire for almost everything we currently use fire for.

I see you added System and nested your function in a class and namespace.

Why thought?
With fusion we get plenty of cheap energy. Electric cars, induction ovens, electric heating will all even more popular.
Fire will remain for the hipsters who cook food with it for the flavour, and campers for the feeling

no, i just copy pasted the code into the visual studio and it did all that shit that top-tier programmers don't need to concern themselves with

Talking is still cavemen technology because we haven't found anything better yet.

Because there's nothing wrong with them

You can talk shit all you want, but if you have no solutions no one will take you seriously.

He is. We need to move from mechanical to organic computers.

Attached: Blank+_bc61ad1ebc1e2ca18f9d670734a326bf.jpg (480x360, 26K)

>"talk to computers"
lmao mcfukken kill yourself

>class ...
>{

>}
disgusting

Listen to this user.

as it should be, as the Visual Studio default is

>mfw no organic computer gf to communicate with in Pucci++

Attached: 2d726d0ec4e103fb73e281468a83b628.jpg (500x415, 41K)

And added a semicolon
IDEs are cancer

he's actually fucking wrong and retarded, they're 50s tech

Maybe he didn't mean literally 1920s

Attached: b987910c243ba2085126acddbac56a2ae4e1104e09c554a0ab6fcb54e0f8c56b.png (297x255, 16K)

the base argument is retarded anyway, AC is late 19th century tech, the wheel is millenia old, ovens are like 30,000 years old, all fine

IDE are for people with jobs and lives, actually.

>IDEs are for people who shit out awful code in time for deadlines by copy pasting from stack overflow
I agree

we have found better ways to make things hot, like electrical induction and electrical arcing

yes, and liquid smoke is a perfectly fine alternative for smoking your meats, fire has no other purpose than cooking of course

>Still using a combustion engine (1850's tech)
You can say the same thing about programming. Look at the new languages, libraries and compilers.

It's like complaining a processor uses binary or that plants require some form of light.

Better in certain cases. Combustion itself is here to stay

>bronze is not a metal
>metals are invented
you disgust me.

computers should use ternary instead, 50% better storage for a given space

Metalworking, refining, Forging steel, alloys, are all invented.

No we didn't invent elements but also you don't dig up a sheet of metal out of the ground to make tools out of it.
Use your brain and understand his intent to some faggot semantics argument.
You are the filth who disgusts me, actually.

>what are noble metalls
>metallworking wasn't invented inthe bronze age
>if you don't correct for my retardedness you are the retard.
delete yourself, filthy seapeople scum.

>1. irrelevant
>2. irrelevant
>3. irrelevant
Your tactic is that of a leftist. What you are using is called a red herring.

What does any of that have to do with the point of the initial argument? none.
If anything metalworking being invented in the bronze age strengthens the initial argument by proving it's even older and still around.

Libtard destroyed. Try again sweetie.

user it's time to stop

>writing is over 2000 years old technology

>leftist

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)