Is this the best browser in terms of speed, stability, extensions and privacy?

Is this the best browser in terms of speed, stability, extensions and privacy?

Attached: ungoogled-chromium.png (549x305, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=66YOCrG_WJQ
spyware.neocities.org/articles/ungoogled_chromium.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

Yes

Attached: 45657541_1912965898799892_6604665403434074112_o.jpg (900x1032, 118K)

I don't think so, but there's no point in arguing because we won't change each others opinions.

If you feel like manually updating all of your extensions once in a while then yes. It made me switch from it

No. Install IceCat

You can install Chrome Store extensions that'll automatically update but you have to copy the URL and edit certain parts.

I am aware that you can install extensions by feeding the extension URL id but it does not automatically update the addons

Works on my machine.

LibreFox > IceCat

unpopular opinion between the ignorant faggots of Jow Forums but

firefox is the best browser

Yes.

Which is good, because then you'll never get hit with botnet if the extension author sells or decides to pull a firefox and lie about data collection.

Yes, it just works. Only problem I have with it is that I can't set it as my default browser, and I get a pop up every time I start it, asking to make it my default browser.

GNU/Icecat is terrible, it's slow and pages look ugly, even the FSF site on it doesn't have all of its CSS loaded. Someone suggested disabling libreJS, but I can't find the setting for it on icecat mobile.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-15-12-51-07.png (1080x1920, 634K)

you can literally browse to about:addons on icecat mobile and disable it there

>Yes, it just works. Only problem I have with it is that I can't set it as my default browser, and I get a pop up every time I start it, asking to make it my default browser.
I found the solution. Run Chromium as admin and make it your default browser.

Unironically this and Jow Forums still shills this one too.
>But muh telemetry
It can be disabled
>But muh Mozilla is going to make me a liberal
No Mozilla's web browser is not going to turn you liberal it's a browser for fucks sake, what/ where you browse might influence your opinions but the browser won't. Inb4 pocket, see above.

Attached: 77iaym0gqq621.png (737x665, 447K)

this

That cancer is a fucking botnet, and you know it kid. Jesus H. fucking Christ son, you ought to read a thing or two about the ole' browser first.
>unaltered firefox core with privacy enhancements enabled
You know that means they included the firefox "enhance user privacy" option, which fucking sends all url traffic you browse to Mozilla HQ.
You should really put on those reading glasses boy'o I can tell you the facts, but learn them before jumpin' the gun next time you hear?

This chromium is trash

>Run Chromium as admin

Attached: 1521660213114.jpg (947x1024, 83K)

kai hendry uses Chromium
youtube.com/watch?v=66YOCrG_WJQ

So much this. I find it hilarious how the NPC-anons chastice Firefox when its developers' politics go out of their favor and then switch to Ungoogled Chromium as if there's nothing wrong with Google's politics either
>b-but no calls back to Google so it's okay!
Yeah, that's the problem. You have to use A FORK to achieve that. Firefox offers options to eliminate callbacks to Mozilla NATIVELY & EASILY
But whatever, I guess it's more attractive to focus on the hot topics of late than to rebel against what was previously commonly loathed

Attached: 1535919016697.png (640x480, 397K)

>using winshit

The fuck you here for? This is not the Jow Forums i know?

Sadly, yes.

>no vertical tabs
IT SUCKS

This

>he doesn't change all the /usr/share/applications to prompt gksudo before starting
What are you, not in control of you system?

>thinks the care about google politics in UNGOOGLED chromium

but it's it just UnGoogled Chromium for Firefox?

literally 3 tabs

Attached: taskmgr_2018-12-30_12-18-56.jpg (437x224, 38K)

No, it's not. Opera is.
You can use vertical tabs by pressing Ctrl+Tab in Opera.
Install Opera.

i just use normal chrome and don't worry about it lmao

firefox manages to use almost as much RAM as an entire VM which has another firefox instance running in it

Attached: taskmgr_2018-12-30_12-20-34.jpg (437x125, 25K)

Why not, smartie?

Safari.

Pale moon

No, I don't. In fact, that was my main point. When Mozilla's politics went bad, everyone jumped ship to Ungoogled Chromium as if Google's is any better. And again, you can un-Mozilla Firefox much easier than you can un-Google Chromium, so don't make that argument.
>b-but people don't care about that, Chromium is just better!
Maybe in your anecdotal evidence, but my anecdotes show something different
It was just to show the hypocrisy in that particular line of reasoning.

Attached: DAVIDSEZWHAT.png (347x344, 107K)

no, it's millions of lines of google botnet with rapid releases
"ungoogling" is a wet dream

>extensions and privacy?
That would be Firefox
>speed
Anything based on chromium is identical in this regard. Brave was faster at one point, but idk if it's still the case.

It's agreed on Jow Forums that Firefox is the best browser overall. Only Jow Forums and /v/ think otherwise.

Nobody thinks that using Mozilla will turn people into liberals, but supporting Mozilla means supporting feminism. Some users on Jow Forums are male so we'd rather not support a company that shills for feminism. I'm even liberal on most issues but I'm not going to support a company like this.

Attached: feministfox.png (944x676, 77K)

Never bought anything from them anyways.

being this fucking retarded, i bet your parents are related

fuck off back to Jow Forums

First It's not a company, it supported by a company. Secondly please go back to shithole Jow Forums you fucking moron.

well how "safe" is it ungoogled?

does anybody recommend a good browser other than Google Chrome that doesn't hog to much RAM,
Im on a Celeron with 4 GB of Ram :/
I feel like its torture when im tabwhoring even with Chrome.

>fonts

What would be a good lightweight (chrome based) browser for android?

better than firefox

how's centbrowser in terms of privacy?

then not allocate all threads to it. It multiplies the ram usage

user what are you on about? Did you miss the IJWY Section?
>This is a set of settings that aim to remove all the server links embedded in Firefox and other calling home functions in the purpose of blocking un-needed connections. The objective is zero unauthorized connection (ping/telemetry/Mozilla/Google...).

Plus there is no better alternative on Windows at least. If anything, the custom windows icecat build is more suspicious solely because they removed the ability to remove the "conveniently" built in addons.
>you ought to read a thing or two about the ole' browser first.

t. triggered feminist retards

Pale Moon.

Container tabs in chrom* when

>bundled with viruses and toolbars
naah

1. So is is this ungoogled chromium actually a fork that does not call google/any other botnet? I thought they all did and there's no way to turn it off?
2. How does one 'easily and natively' as some other user out it, turn botnet off in Firefox?

>1. So is is this ungoogled chromium actually a fork that does not call google/any other botnet? I thought they all did and there's no way to turn it off? I guess so.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/ungoogled_chromium.html

SSD + DDR4 RAM

Performance was shit compared to firefox v56.
Even with cache in ram it was just shit.

Switched to it today. Firefox is just fucking slow.