Intel i5 8400 vs AMD Ryzen 5 2600x

I have been having problems with my computer for a long while now. I am chalking it up to the motherboard being the issue but I idk.

So I want to upgrade my system from an i7 4790 to either of these two options listed above.

I heard that with the security exploits found in Intel CPUs that the patch sent out to fix them has slowed the CPUs down significantly.

Which one would you recommend? I'll be getting a new motherboard and RAM but keeping my 750 watt power supply, storage devices and RAM.

Attached: intel i5.jpg (211x239, 8K)

> I'll be getting a new motherboard and RAM but keeping my 750 watt power supply, storage devices and RAM.
and case. Lol. Not RAM.

i got my 2600 (non x) for $150 with the nice stock cooler too. havent had any issues in the month ive had it.
both intel and amd have securities issues with spectre/meltdown.

Ryzen 3 is like 10 days away from reveal why would you upgrade now?

>I want to upgrade my system from an i7 4790
a 6 core ryzen 5 is an upgrade from that cpu, an i5 isnt and this

seriously thanks dudes

this is the kind of advice I was looking for

Btw what is the Ryzen 3? Hasn't that been released?

Both the 8400 and the 2600x are a sidegrade to a 4790. Just wait

>will be getting a new mobo and ram
>keeping my psu, storage and ram
>keep ram
>new ram

Bro do you even read?

my pc computer is FUCKED and I cant play epic titles like PUBG and Fortnite

I am going to twitch stream my suicide if I don't get it working soon

The correct answer is the 2600x. My buddy owns a 2600 and it runs fantastically.

Ryzen 3 = 3rd Gen Ryzen (All CPU ranges).

Put simply we are currently on 2nd Gen Ryzen/ Ryzen 2 set of CPUs.

The new gen has not been released yet but it will be soon.

AMD will announce the 3rd generation of Ryzen CPUs in a few days. They will be a node shrink (7nm) and a new arch (Zen 2), and if the rumours are correct it's going to be insane. It's advisable to wait.

>Always Making Duds
>insane performance
Yeah, no.

i5 8400 is not enough for modern gayms for example and also more expensive.

I just looked into the Ryzen 3rd gen cpus are coming out in may/june

I need my pc working rn

So insane Intel doubled their core count in a year.

My pc's fucked but desu I think its just the motherboard

I probably going to be a new 1150 motherboard and return it if it doesn't fix the problem

if you're wondering why is that I think my motherboard is fucked it's because when I removed the water cooler for an air cooler I struggled to take the last mount screw up and I hit the motherboard with the pliers and screw driver I was using a few time, since that 2 of my 4 ram slots don't work.

And the problem with my pc is that when i play games I get no video signal. I had this issue around november, and I did everything like reinstall my os (win 10), changing the cables around on my gpu, updated drivers, rollbacked drivers, wiped drivers completely using additonal software. Finally when I resat all my pc components and unplugged them from the psu and put them back in again, and took out my cmos battery which finally fixed it

now 2 months later I am having the issue and I resat everything + plus took out the cmos battery but no luck

It was meant to be.

The 8 core chips never existed on any roadmaps in practical terms.

Buy 2600x or 2700 now. You can upgrade to 3rd gen later if you want. R2 mobos should be compatible with R3 after a BIOS update.

they're am4 socket motherboards

why dont they just make CPUs bigger to stop quantum tunneling and electrical infetterance

this

>electrical infetterance

I don't even think that's a word.

>intel is better in every way whilst being significantly cheaper

Yeah m8, really hard choice.