How do I regain my passion, or even just interest, in programming again...

How do I regain my passion, or even just interest, in programming again? I failed data structures and the whole experience has changed what I believe programming was, and I'm not sure if I really want to do it anymore. I don't consider myself to be a stupid person, but honesty I hate how high and mighty a lot of CS faggots are and I don't know if I want to be apart of this community after I graduate and get a job. Not even sure what job I want in the first place. Anyone here have any advice? Anyone have a similar breaking point and got pasted it, with everything working out in the end? For the record I do like and enjoy math so thankfully no issues there

Attached: sad_pepe__feels_bad_man__vector_by_hirussai-d8uq43y.png (917x871, 139K)

Install gentoo

>failed data structures
You mean the class where you implement linked lists and binary trees and shit? Are you kidding me? I got close to a 100% in that class, I don't think you're cut out for programming dude.

Well in my defense I lost all interest once I realized that everything we were doing was completely unnecessary and outside of what you would do outside of school. I mean I understand the logic of it, learning what all of those things do and how they're implemented but it felt like a huge waste of time to me. That said it's no issue for failing the class.

and also i had a huge cunt of a professor on top of it and he called me a retard to my face, so that didn't help

>huge waste of time
dude it would have taken like 10 minutes of studying to figure out how each data structures works. And some have to implemented from scratch like Binary Trees. If you're too lazy to learn how a linked list works you're never going to be able to program anything useful, swap to something else. this like if you failed college algebra and wanted to be a mathematician.

I'm not interested in going over why I failed the class before I'm fully aware that I didn't do enough of the work or study. I'm asking how do I move on and get pasted this.

>I don't consider myself to be a stupid person

You are.

>he called me a retard to my face

He was right.

programming isn't a community, I programmed for decades before ever talking to any community about it and after visiting this board it was honestly better before

>I failed data structures and the whole experience has changed what I believe programming was, and I'm not sure if I really want to do it anymore.
Have a bit more resilience and perseverance, lad.

See what I mean? High and mighty CS faggots that beat their unwashed dicks every weekend
Any advice you could possibly give me?

programming comes with maturity
you just need to wait a decade

in my opinion, that shit is for old people

>Any advice you could possibly give me?
try learning on your own and see if you get anywhere

I think I implement 4-5 linked lists and trees per year, in various forms and contexts. And I've been working for ten years.

Contrary to popular belief there exists a trait that makes you both able to program and willing to work in industry.
There's nothing wrong with deciding it isn't for you. Honestly working in tech sounds like a hellish nightmare. I'd rather make zero dollars than make six figures working that field. You're not dumb if you can't program or don't like it.
Ignore people like
For some people programming is just miserable and it's not because they're dumb or that they don't get it.

Get out now. If you are only interested in what you need for a job, just go to a bootcamp and get a shitty job as a web developer where you belong.

Don't, programming is stupid and boring anyway
And programmers are stupid stuck up faggots "hurr I'm better than you because I jnow how to program in 10 languages xd"

>See what I mean? High and mighty CS faggots that beat their unwashed dicks every weekend
We're not high and mighty. It is very unlikely that a reasonably intelligent person would sign up for CS and then fail data structures. Take an IQ test and you'll see.

Graphs are used all the fucking time, what are you on about?

bump

just quit academia and get a job (of any kind)
don't be like me and waste 5 years on a worthless degree

DATA STRUCTURES ARE VERY IMPORTANT.
It can be very difficult to solve some problems without using the exact right data structures.

Bump

Switch over to a major that's more math oriented. Not everyone can be a programmer.

Go to trade school

I failed intro analysis and intro analysis II twice, still got my piece of toilet paper.

Think about the shit you can make using coding skills, and don't forget that coding is just writing something that will tell the computer what to do like how language is used to share information.

It's either CS or mcdonalds, no in-between

You realize there are more fields that deal with computers than SWE? Have you explored any other fields such as networking, security, or administration? Is data structures needed to succeed in any of those fields, probably not.

For example take the case of writing a database. Data structures are absolutely required to write anything that performs. However, if you don't have someone who knows how to configure a server properly it's going to run like ass.

Or you can be a chad and write the next discord electron chat|hookup|gaming app and get stacy from marketing to instathot it and hire all the code monkeys you want.

poor frogposter

>How do I regain my passion, or even just interest, in programming again?
Regardless the reason, don't even try, it's not worth it. For the reason, see Even if you get amazingly good, you'll notice that all crap is mediocre and will want to invent a time machine and murder these retarded "pioneers" left and right.

Dont listen to the arch linux whores.

If you are too dumb to learn algorithms and data structures from a formalistic viewpoint, that just means you dont have the brain for logic, possibly mathematical or linguistical in nature.

If you are too lazy or naive or unmotivated that just means you dont have good parenting, environment and genes for self sufficiency and wont change until you starve in the cold and have to steal to survive.

Now there are plenty of programmers out there who cant string together a readable report for the life of them, explain their thoughts or code nor solve a simple ordinary differential equation or determine whether or not a set is a sigma algebra. They still are paid a great deal of money, either because they actually just do administrative (social) tasks or because they are javascript niggers.

Aint nothing wrong with being a javascript nigger on a pragmatic level. Becoming a front—end dev requires little to no capacity for logical thought or analysis, which is why so many women are doing it, but instead focus on colors, animations, all things nice, sugar and spice, i.e. retarded girl shit. Become a javascript nigger today, you wont regret it.

take the class again with a different professor, if you barely manage to pass it the second time just do webdev once you graduate.

>be me, in college doing cs
>enjoy programming
>professor always says the best way to get better at programming is to program
>so lacking in creativity I can’t think of anything to make

Come on bruhh.

Attached: cmon_bruh.png (3840x2160, 1.61M)

nigger

Bretty useful, thanks. Probably gonna try to implement some old board games or maybe a D&D game with text parsing

please no

why the fuck is dijkstra's the same difficulty level as a window manager

Git gud pleb

Attached: jPIoSPf.png (802x960, 671K)

because both are menial tasks

yeah no, fuck off

Most CS graduates are absolute shit programmers, not to mention shit professionals in general.
Pic related doesn't have a college degree, yet knows more than 99% of CS graduates about programming, computers, electronics and computer science in general.
Same thing with Carmack.

The only thing you have to realize is that you don't need to please some faggot boomer professors in college to genuinely enjoy programming and be great at it. That's the only problem I see in you.
You put these people on a pedistal, whether knowingly or unknowingly, and feel bad when you "fail" once.
99% of these people's job consists in publishing meme papers that literally consist in
>we re-implemented the same thing for the millionth time
>we ran some tests and got these results. damn! one of the 1124124 executions showed a 0.002% increase in performance!
>therefore, this is an innovative implementation that will benefit us all in the future
>...but want the source code? heh, too bad, you have to subscribe here, here and there and MAYBE you'll get a link
Just regurgitate what they tell you for now to get that sweet, sweet piece of paper, then never listen to them again.

t. CS graduate.

Attached: 1541346945565.jpg (380x380, 14K)