Muh gaymes won't work unless I have a 144Hz gayming monitor

>muh gaymes won't work unless I have a 144Hz gayming monitor

Attached: 1536502096363.png (430x441, 86K)

Is that true? Sounds like bs to me, why would game developers hurt their userbase on purpose by setting an artificial restriction that makes their game only work on placebo hardware?
Most computers can't even run games at 144Hz in the first place.

Also, why don't you stop playing games? Videogames suck anyway.

funny.

>placebo
>t. never used anything better than a 60 Hz monitor

144Hz is incredibly useful for playing arena shooters competitively.

I don't play games, but when I do I set the fps to 25 fps to save CPU cycles, don't notice any difference.

>competitively
Yeah, sure 16ms input lag with a regular 60Hz monitor isn't enough to satisfy pro gaymurs clicking buttons at the speed of light.

Based

based and cpupilled

Pretty sure this won't convince you but I played TF2 on a 60hz monitor for years and switching to 144 was huge, I could read people's movement better, my hitscan aim improved drastically.

Placebo. The only games where high refresh rate actually matters are rhythm games such as osu where things are happening real fast and you aren't bottlenecked by server tick rate and other factors.

not him but my performance improved heaps too in overwatch (particularly with tracer because of her speed). the server tick speed is only 60hz too. i guess your brain just perceives what's happening easier when the motion is smoother

higher framerate is a major boost in skill, because you can read movements better, although anything above 120Hz is just diminishing returns

b&r

that's not how you use the NPC meme you dumb fuck

You're already Tracer?

I used to be a nonbeliever, until I started competitively playing cs go. The switch from 60 to 144 Hz puts you in a different world. You don't know shit until you made the switch yourself. You'll get fucking raped by 144 hertzers

This. I also switched for CS:GO. The game feels borderline unplayable on 60hz now.

240hz mayonnaise race

>muh anime won't work unless I have a 144Hz gayming monitor

My little brother has a 144hz screen and while there's a difference it's definitely not worth the price and I'm certain that I can still wreck him. Gamers are fools, you can sell them anything.

Depends on the game.
This is absolutely true for some high level competitive games, however latency is almost always more important.