There is not a single good 4K tv for less than 1200 dollars

>There is not a single good 4K tv for less than 1200 dollars
what went so wrong? why is it so hard to manufacture a good TV with fast response tive and flicker-free?
Why are all 43 and 49 inch models bad? why is IPS technology on TVs today worse than it was in 2010?

Attached: 23154-28910-best-4k-tv-l.jpg (660x384, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fPEnUcQEKd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Samsung would disagree

Attached: 08450685-9DA1-4A87-AA7E-50E4BFBA08DD.jpg (750x1334, 512K)

Sony xf8505 is under 1200dollars...

t. consumerist retard

Because you fell for the 4k meme. Manufacturers drop other standards of quality to reach 4k at consumer prices.

>buy fancy pants teevee for megabucks
>it falls off the wall

I have seen so many trashed flat screens. Just put them on a stand.

>why is IPS technology on TVs today worse than it was in 2010?
How so? Haven't heard of IPS LCD panel burn-in yet. There are image retention issues on some, but those aren't permanent and are mostly contained to smartphone displays. Also, where's all your 4K content to watch? Not all TV channels are even 1080p, forget 4K.

4k meme

Is this the TV thread? Need recommendations for a 55" smart TV. Don't care about 4K, LCD/LED or whatever as long as it can play my 1080p videos and I can stream from my desktop.

Thingken bout the TCL Class 4-Series 55" Roku TV, it's $350 on Newegg

Vizio > TCL
All Full HD tvs post 2012 suck too
This VA panel from 2009 sucks

>Not all TV channels are even 1080p, forget 4K.
>Plug USB HDD with 4K Anime and video files
>Netflix becomes irrelevant

Sounds like user error.
Use the correct type of plugs for your particular wall.

>Plug USB HDD with 4K Anime and video files
And you need a $1000 TV for this? Also, what percentage of movies/anime are in 4K?

Are there any good not smart 4K tvs?

Attached: 1540425386143.gif (128x74, 21K)

Bought a Samsung 55 TV (NU8009) and it's a great TV.

Really great picture quality, 120hz, and very low input lag. It was 620€ on Black Friday.

Don't know what more you could want

There are some 4K monitors out there made by iiyama
>PWM Dimming Frequency: 240 Hz
This sucks

My rando TCL is perfectly fine as I suspect 95% of cheap TVs are. Just another thing for retards to act pretentious about while actually rotting their brains.

There are plenty of good TVs for a lot less than that if you accept that you can't have good HDR performance (and so miss out on a better picture in the 0.0001% of available content with HDR support).
>why is IPS technology on TVs today worse than it was in 2010?
It isn't. IPS is inherently shit as a technology though. You'd have to be a retard to want an IPS TV.

>Samshit
Utter trash. Philips is the way to go for TVs in that price range in the UK.

Bullshit.

No. Only the lowest of the low end trash doesn't have a smart TV system. You'd have to look at computer monitors.

There are objective major picture quality benefits to spending $1000+ on a TV. That doesn't mean that you can't spend a whole lot less and still get an excellent SDR image.

I hate it that they got so many different sizes now. What's worse is that depending on what it is content wise it may look like shit on it. So instead of keeping it 27, 32, 40, 55, 65,etc you got now 43, 49, etc. Say your watching some older 4x3 stuff. Well in order to get it to use whole screen on some of these sets they have to stretch it. The results can look like shit. Even some wide screen content looks bad due to difference in aspect ratios. It's hard to get a set that can display "everything" and not have it turn into shit. For whatever reason it seems that my 65" Samsung can display "everything" and not have it look like shit even 4x3 stuff at full screen. Perhaps its the viewing dimensions, perhaps its how the tv does its internal rendering? I dunno but it all looks good.

>Philips is the way to go for TVs in that price range in the UK.
Phillips is even worse than Samkong

what baffles me is that "smart tv"s are cheaper than just screens.
is it because they come preloaded with adware?
I just want a screen to plug my sat receiver and desktop pc in

The problem is you don't even get good panels at the 39 ~ 49'' range. Some 40 and 43" inch tvs offer native display so they will show 480p 4:3 properly even though it may look pixelated

Most pathetic momment in TV history
youtube.com/watch?v=fPEnUcQEKd0