Genome Editing In Humans: Scientists Finally Crack the CRISPR code

In a paper published in the journal Molecular Cell on Thursday, Scaffidi and his colleagues from Francis Crick Institute, have discovered a set of simple rules that determine the precision of CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing in humans. They believe this will help to improve the efficiency and safety of genome editing in both the lab and the clinic.

Read More: thetelegraff.com/genome-editing-humans/

Attached: genome editing in humans.jpg (960x715, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Ung-yong
media.ccc.de/v/35c3-9838-genom-editierung_mit_crispr_cas
thetelegraff.com/genome-editing-humans/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does this mean we can create a new race?It would be cool to create a new race of humans.They'd have purple skin and 300 iq but they'd be extremely aggressive to every other life form.

So purple version of white people?

White people are default race like imperials in oblivion.This would be more like combining the mind of the asian with the animalistic rage of a negro.

yes lets create xenomorph.

one 9 inch dick and a 200 iq please.

So The Bulk but smart?
Genetically engineered futa catgirls when?

The smartest man on the planet supposedly has 220 IQ. Make it 221, user.

inb4 iq is bullshit

It is unless you have 200IQ, then it's real. Btw, if there's someone that intelligent what the fuck has he done and why haven't I heard of him?

you posted on the wrong board dipshit, Jow Forums is a tech board

high iq individuals are disproportionately likely to be depressive underperformers because they don't fit into the extroversion-oriented society of used car salesman hedonists

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Ung-yong

>Btw, if there's someone that intelligent what the fuck has he done and why haven't I heard of him?

He's in many lists about high IQ, though. Anyway, here's an interesting thought of him about intelligence.

>In 2010, Kim criticized the idea that he is a "failed genius" and additionally said, "Some think people with a high IQ can be omnipotent, but that's not true. Look at me, I don't have musical talent, nor am I excelling in sports. [...] Society should not judge anyone with unilateral standards – everyone has different learning levels, hopes, talents, and dreams and we should respect that."

>used car salesman hedonists
What?
>Asian
Of course. Anyway, yeah that makes sense. I'd be surprised if he didn't waste all of his time shitposting in a chan.

>desktop environments now come with dna editor
the absolute state of bloat

lmao

>Some think people with a high IQ can be omnipotent, but that's not true.
He just didn't seem as autistic about a subject as he could have been desu. Would have accomplished much more otherwise.

>high IQ individual aware that IQ by itself doesn't mean jack shit
Truly a genius

Can we make elf sluts now?

MasterCard doesn't allow it

>implying biotechnology is not technology

recent CRISPER/cas9 talk from 35c3 for some background:
media.ccc.de/v/35c3-9838-genom-editierung_mit_crispr_cas
(also english available)

gtfo of here you stupid gook.

thanks bro

>>used car salesman hedonists
>What?
Our society/economy is not as efficient as it could be.

Maintaining peak efficiency would be pretty difficult I guess. How inefficient is it, do you have any data? I might be an interesting read.

Gattica here we come.

The only way to avoid that would be to democratize the tech before the ultrarich put walls around it.

IQ is one of those things where you need a certain minimum level to accomplish certain tasks, i.e. some with an accurately tested IQ of 90 will never be able to complete an engineering degree from a college with standards, but other things are needed to make it useful, like having a strong work ethic, or ability to relate with people.

Of course, I wonder if it would be possible to genetically engineer in that strong work ethic and people skills while they are boosting the IQ. Toss in that mutation that lets people get by with little sleep for good measure to.

CRISPIR when?

Without getting into the details, you could easily argue that our economy is a plutocracy. As such, the underclass typically tries to weasel their way to positions of dominance without actually putting in any significant effort to better our civilization.

The best way to demonstrate this idea is a college of business; and to monitor their motivations, aspirations, and determinations.
Their primary driving force isn't to better civilization (although there could be a small minority that wish to) however their driving force is to be wealthy. And you don't need to better society to be wealthy.
Capitalism is naturally flawed, and I say this without any area of prejudice (extreme right or extreme left), and since it is flawed it is naturally exploited and taken advantage of at its weakest points.

Attached: article-2647248-1E6DF54B00000578-794_964x619.jpg (964x619, 60K)

I mean, afaik all systems are flawed. Anyway, I want to become wealthy to invest in beat shit like this whole gene editing stuff, though I know it's highly likely that I won't ever become rich or anything like that.

I've been around plenty of "wealthy" people in my life, I can assure you that none of them did it ethically.

Honestly, the first country to heavily subsidize this sort of technology (once it well developed) will have a massive advantage over others. Not only will more smart people = more tech innovations, but think of how much money modern first world countries spend babysitting their idiot fraction, through social welfare programs, and dealing with crime. And then there is the medical spending; even modest improvements in average health levels would save huge amounts of money overall. All that money saved by having smarter, high-impulse control people with few health problems could be used to massively improve infrastructure, buy the latest weapons, keep the taxes low to attract businesses, and so on.

Attached: pgd.gif (416x291, 17K)

Maybe in a few hundred years, definitely not anytime soon. Complex human phenotypes are controlled by numerous genes and epigenetic. It won't be as simple as changing a few genes. For a phenotype seemingly simple as height there are hundreds of genes regulating it. If memory serves me right, currently identified genes only contribute to 60% of total height.

This is going to be a win-win for all. As a biology student I can't wait for this to come as soon as possible.

not user, about the plutocracy,

An interesting effect of technological progression is that the wealth of the rich gets extremely devalued, which is why the wealthy always reinvests most of their money in ["safe"] stocks and bonds. which is why govmnt bailouts and "Golden Parachutes" are so annoying. Societies 'will' become better as its one of the axioms to become richer.

Just because they are rich doesn't mean all their ethics are out the window. Did none of them keep anything of value intact?

I'm not letting any needle near me unless I've made the compound myself.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-30 Economic Growth.png (792x530, 35K)

>An interesting effect of technological progression is that the wealth of the rich gets extremely devalued, which is why the wealthy always reinvests most of their money in ["safe"] stocks and bonds. which is why govmnt bailouts and "Golden Parachutes" are so annoying. Societies 'will' become better as its one of the axioms to become richer.

I disagree. The financial giants are still the ones financing these tech ventures, and there is stiff definitely manipulation and control of the management and outcome of technological advancements.
Everything we think we know has been predetermined. Tech is a dead sector if one were so inclined to be a pioneer.

Attached: 1391904489779.jpg (573x432, 116K)

>Just because they are rich doesn't mean all their ethics are out the window. Did none of them keep anything of value intact?
I'm not talking about their personal philosophies, I'm talking about their methods for attaining their wealth and sustaining it.

Attached: Black_Vulture_1.jpg (2582x1722, 2.99M)

>That pic
The Jews?

>The Jews?
The neonazis

Attached: Stormfront exposed.png (1360x1888, 269K)

I don't have a problem with what they do to attain it so long as it ends up being a net positive (assuming they were to invest it). But if they don't sustain it through their inventions but through shady stuff then just guillotine them.

>Neo-nazis run a board
>The Jews run the world
We should nuke Israel.

ah yes, if there's one thing people can't criticize it's neonazis

>call out neonazis
>get attacked
Every time

Attached: truth-revolutionary-act.png (801x473, 29K)

First they'll edit the genes to eradicate diseases, and that will be used as a justification to make it acceptable.
Then they will do it for frivolous things like baldness or dick size or beef roast vaginas.

First they'll do it to a couple of babies, then a few dozen, then a few hundred, and every year that these babies are deemed "healthy" the numbers will rise exponentially.

It doesn't even have to become ubiquitous, just those few edited people breeding is enough to pass on these genes to their offspring for all eternity. Meanwhile we'll have no idea what the effects will be in the future.

This is a bigger threat to the human species than global warming or any of the other hoaxes.

>The financial giants are still the ones financing these tech ventures, and there is stiff definitely manipulation and control of the management and outcome of technological advancements.
Everyone attempts to keep hold of their wealth. the very institutions that keep our money are no exclusion from this. I agree that there are agregrious cases of companies and people with an iron fist over the production and sales of an item. Like glasses in the case of luxoticca. I guess I'm more optimistic to think that this iron fist isn't everywhere and unwinnable. Tech is also a highly evolutionary sector. the old giants are weeded out untill the few survive. think google, bing, netscape. Or semiconductors manuf. Or datacenters, where scale equals efficiency.

That no new competitor can or should enter doesn't mean a sector is dead. So far technology has kept improving, maybe not optimally, yet not killed or stagnated by plutocracy. And I believe the landscape wont stay like this forever. more and more people enter the custom SoC market than ever. ASML is a monopoly but still reaches its target.

Wanting to pioneer in a market doesn't give you the right or the oppertunity to enter it.

>Antifa keep beating people and destroying shit
>Media:*...*
>Say that we should nuke a dictatorship run by cowards who keep shielding themselves with the Holocaust whilst treating others like they were treated by Nazis
>Media:YOU'RE A NATZEE RAYCIS BIGOT
Everytime.

it will happen wether you like it or not. The positive part is, when something goes wrong we'll just keep editing until it works. It's always been this way.

Yeah, long term is not clear. Developmental biology of this is fuzzy still. BUT, this is why somatic genetic editing needs to be a thing. Somatic means you can alter a grown human being, not just babies. That way you could revert stuff.

The solution is obvious.

All genetically edited babies must be sterilized at birth.

Attached: 1536861782822.png (496x399, 421K)

Great, now I can have white off-springs even though I'm a shitskin nigger and there's no chance of me getting a white woman.

Attached: 47178794.png (494x403, 284K)

man is something to be surpassed.
nerd-slave morality is the curse of modern intellectuals.

>shitskin nigger
Hi there neonazi, mind if I call you out or can't criticize you niggers?

Eh, fuck it, so long as it allows us to advance our technology it's worth it.

400 year old Loli brothel when?

can't wait for catgirls!!!

Attached: 1532491653627.gif (885x948, 895K)

>Can't even answer
>Expects that user to take him seriously
Besides don't you leftists get byttmad when people say niggers and shit like that?

You have been fed too much Jow Forums memes. You can get a white woman, I wouldn't recommend posting on pol again after reveiling that, and I am not a cuck inb4 some insecure pollac suggests that to me. I dont care about race, just dont be a fucking nigger.

You can fuck off, we already have enough pedo's on this site

FUTA catgirls

He obviously meant THANOS RACE.

weird bastard

fuck off degenerate

*pedos
The nazis might have been moved to another section but you'll never get rid of us: The Grammar Nazis.

No u

I'd rather not have a literal meme race.

The only fun Nazis nowadays.

>The Grammar Nazis
the better nazis

>Meanwhile we'll have no idea what the effects will be in the future.
Luckily we have this thing called "biology".

A THANOS RACE would conquer the whole Milky Way faster than you could convince one autist that it's a meme race.

>CRISPR
Cringe. Call me when a REAL gene editing technology gets invented

Attached: 1546203375873.jpg (1920x1080, 305K)

Attached: 3875143_16db7f66a8b6851f2a0c6ea92955449a.jpg (1440x900, 657K)

this same criticism was made of every new technology. we don't need to understand it, it is a beast of its own. no Jow Forums poster gets to decide how society advances so unabomber larping is no use.
it is the noontime of the overman.
(((youve))) been detected.

Human genome editing is illegal and will remain illegal for obvious reasons.

I'm glad the Chinese don't give a fuck.

Cas9 is a horrible enzyme because of how limited the PAM section of the target DNA can be.

I bet most of Jow Forums are retarded kids who think CRISPR is some kind of magical MARVEL/DC technique which is why a lot of you are hyped by it.

Attached: 1491539621859.jpg (238x192, 9K)

This tbqh. CRISPR is a meme technology.

Our grand-children will be Chinese because of that.

Are we OK?

Attached: 1543277538838.jpg (894x1024, 217K)

My opinion is that the tech sector never arose naturally.
I think intel agencies probably funded most of them.

Women

Yeah, I know. At least France seems to be doing something. And motherfucking Hillary said Europe should stop taking in rapefuges, so I guess we finally have a good opportunity to destroy the Jews. They also keep getting caught in Hollywood, so with some luck we can use that against them.

Aryan race 2.0

s~shes a fox!!! >_

they are all felines to me

That's racist.

gtfo of here you stupid nigger.

Great idea, but there are too many rednecks and nigs spawning like vermin without any regard to the consequences.

That pic says the fags, kikes, and mud slimes.

who turned the muslims into radical jihadists?

>thetelegraff.com/genome-editing-humans/

The accuracy inside the cell is good but how do we target only the cells we want to edit? That have not been solved yet and it doesn't look like it will be for quite some time.