Why the memes?

Why the memes?

Attached: 1546148898593.png (1200x903, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxquestions.org/questions/general-10/how-would-you-describe-theo-de-raadt's-politics-673578/page3.html
wired.com/2003/04/peace-talk-halts-defense-os-job/
openbsd.org/lyrics.html#34
twitter.com/__briancallahan
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
stackoverflow.com/questions/1171663/how-to-custom-display-prompt-in-kornshell-to-show-hostname-and-current-directory
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People don't ubderstand that they're not forced to use it and keep repeating that they would use it if it was exactly what they wanted

Attached: 1543835375714.png (631x523, 273K)

Because it's focused on security and alot of people on this board value security. It's lead developer doesn't give a fuck about political issues or codes of conduct. The lead developer will disable or remove features that enhance performance in order to maximize security. Many security features/standards were implemented first by OpenBSD. The base install is "secure by default" and includes many useful applications such as Xorg, a web server, email server, dns server, router/firewall. Many people are able to use it as their primary desktop/laptop/server/router/firewall. Many programs have been ported for it, but it is also many years behind in support for modern graphics cards, games and VM hosting.

Attached: tech priest3.png (525x794, 620K)

Install it and see for yourself.

Attached: 2018-12-30-064209_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 379K)

BASED and redpilled. I wish the brainlets on here would recognise how vastly superior and /our OS/ this is compared to loonix

>It's lead developer doesn't give a fuck about political issues
Well he do, but unlike Linus or rms, Theo don't have much media coverage or his fanbois here have the attention span of a puffer fish.

citation needed.

Thanks user, you confirmed my suspicion that Jow Forums are just retards to nice and secure.

linuxquestions.org/questions/general-10/how-would-you-describe-theo-de-raadt's-politics-673578/page3.html
wired.com/2003/04/peace-talk-halts-defense-os-job/

>It's lead developer doesn't give a fuck about political issues

OpenBSD lost a multi-million dollar funding from DARPA because Theo criticized the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

You can't escape politics.

Attached: 451.gif (500x400, 840K)

attracts those kinds of people

>BSD
>no dtrace
yikes

One of their songs even mentions the event

openbsd.org/lyrics.html#34

>no need for dtrace when your process will dump that core file anyway

Attached: 1528926913854.jpg (960x639, 96K)

Distracts from the terrible performance

>kernel-event runtime tracing
>from core dump
lol

You should change your shell layout to > scrot instead of hypervisor#

Yes, openbsd is this kind of joke.

How do I do that?

Theo is 1000000x smarter than Linus

>Prove me wrong

iirc there is ktrace, but haven't looked at it yet. dunno how it compares

Because OpenBSD is everything Jow Forums memes about – free, minimalist, secure – yet Jow Forums makes lame excuses because they don’t want to give up vidya game compatibility

OpenBSD reminds Jow Forums that they might as well use Ubuntu, because “minimalist Linux distros” are just larping

>OpenBSD reminds Jow Forums that they might as well use Ubuntu, because “minimalist Linux distros” are just larping
I find this funny because I always disliked Ubuntu and have never used it. However, after using OpenBSD as my primary computer for several months, I now have a desire to try Ubuntu. The reason is because I need something that "just werks" to run .AppImage files and I would also like easy VMs.

"Just werkz"
Sounds like you'd have fun with Debian.

That's probably what I'll go with because I still don't want to use Ubuntu. I still want to use OpenBSD as my primary computer, I just need a spare computer that can do anything.

This. I suggest the debian netinstall as its more minimal and just werks. On my computer though it always needs wifi drivers that you can install using a usb during the OS install.

Based as fuck.
Fuck these shadowy agencies and the 5th column.

sjw faggots that's why
twitter.com/__briancallahan

Attached: 8l13Z1CX_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

I am well aware. Thought I would get Ubuntufags to become SJWs and leave.

> kek

>port dev
So literally nothing?
If a person writing AUR packages is a faggot, does that mean that Arch linux devs are faggots? (They are, but still)

>not [entirely] representative of the community and the technology(?)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

that desperate fanboy is not a developer; he commits ports for random third-party software.

stackoverflow.com/questions/1171663/how-to-custom-display-prompt-in-kornshell-to-show-hostname-and-current-directory
Nice quads, check'ed

Attached: 1543694881630.jpg (960x739, 78K)

Attached: phessler.png (509x545, 260K)

Phessler is actually good though and not a virtue signalling faggot
Also I've never seen him spout shit on mailing lists, unlike that faggot Callahan

I installed openbsd but my Mobo couldn't boot it because I assume of the fat16 boot partition. I thought I bricked my mobo and or my HD because the mobo started freezing on the splash screen but everything was fine in the end. I wanna try again, any advice?

I also thought I bricked my computer the first time I tried installing it. Just try a few more times and eventually you'll see how easy it is. My only other advice is to have a live ethernet connection when you install so that it will autoconfigure the ethernet. Then when you boot into the OS you can download packages and such. pkg_mgr is a good application to have.
>pkg_add pkg_mgr

When are you installing it?