Microsoft is building Edge on top of Chrome

> Microsoft is throwing away old code base of Edge browser and making next version of Edge browser on top of Chromium.

How Microsoft lost the web

Attached: 1465669413658.jpg (289x292, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton
protondb.com/explore
youtube.com/watch?v=TYmSoEhJL18
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wait isn't Chromium open-source?

yes but Jow Forums still hates it because google lol!!! like mozilla is any fucking better.

so Edge open-source now?

they going to do that for windows too just wait

The problem isnt that google is uniquely evil, it's that having a single browser for the internet is a shitty situation to be in unless you 100% trust the people responsible for it to be unbiased and dispassionately and benevolently direct its future. Is that what you think is going to happen? If you're that naive i have some magic beans to sell you.

They tried to include binaries too.

>tfw new windows is based on chromium OS

>tfw chromium OS is based on Gentoo

Yuropoor here.
Isn't what Google has done with YouTube purposefully running slower on Edge literally illegal? Don't you burgers have monopoly laws? Why is Microsoft just accepting this blatant blackmailing?

>5 years later
>Microsoft is throwing away NT in favour of Linux

windows is already obsolete desu

github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton

Attached: 1540728492933.png (316x345, 105K)

Personally I'm ok with Chromium becoming the sole browser, at least it's open source so that's fine by me. People can take the code and make their own browsers if they want.

ungoogled chromium then

> Proton is a tool for use with the Steam client which allows games which are exclusive to Windows to run on the Linux operating system. It uses Wine to facilitate this.

Does this mean I can now play Windows Games on Linux out of the box without doing anything?

Attached: 1519616256529.jpg (304x197, 51K)

They tried to instigate legal action. But considering Microsoft has equally if not more shitty monopolistic business practices no one gave a fuck

Yes, Valve's Proton enables you to play any Windows Games on Linux by running Steam

protondb.com/explore

>no one gave a fuck
Do you mean they took it to court and the lawsuit was rejected?
Or do you just mean that if they were to sue, Google could've been able to dig up equal amount, if not more dirt on Microsoft as well?

with more shit performance

> protondb
> translates DX11 to Vulkan
> slow

Nice try, Vyshna Abhinav Muhammad

Attached: 1463376901911.gif (177x150, 1.74M)

> translates DX11 to Vulkan
it does not only that, but basically this

its slow if you have standards, losing 10-20% fps makes me sad

>protondb
>not slow
Jeez Lakshay, are your googling skills failing you today, dear?
youtube.com/watch?v=TYmSoEhJL18

Attached: 324264426.png (650x740, 41K)

Oh yeah because internet Explorer and Firefox where so good? The delusional mozillamicroshit ladies and trannies

> 113fps windows
> 96fps on linux with proton
> slow

Your comment just proves how low your IQ really is

No. That's like saying Chrome is open source. Edge will be chromium + proprietary garbage.

> Literally dropping in-house JScript Engine "Chakra"

How will the brown Pajeets ever recover from this epic stumping

Attached: 1458783252704.png (247x248, 99K)

>30 FPS loss. Clearly a shittierperformance just like og user said
>IT'S NOT SLOW, SUCK A DICK!!1
Ok.

> 13 + 4 = 30

ok

>15% drop
>noy slow

>0-20% performance loss is too much
Why not melt all Intel CPUs and replace them with AMD immediately? Intel lost 20-50% performance in most tasks due to spectre/meltdown patches.

when you notice that even microshit gave up on fighting jewgle you know the future is very, very dark

Firefox was pretty good once....a long time ago.
Maybe never very fast, but it had some nice features.
It only went to shit when they tried to copy Chrome.

I stopped using it a decade ago but used it when it first came out.
It was always pretty shit it was only good for extensions (when they where added in) and native multi tab + neat technology
It was never stable nor fast nor a good browsing experience always had to edit hack shit to get it to work full of bugs

>tried to copy Chrome.
This never happened. Firefox UI is still superior. It has about:config, spyware can easily be removed from it, the engine is better. It has flaws, but it's still much better than Chrome and any chromium browser.

> Firefox was pretty good once.
Firefox is going downhill since they started spreading the SJW bull crap.
All noteworthy talent has left the sinking ship.

Attached: 1503992250589.png (1566x804, 448K)

I don't think Microsoft has any competent programmers or project managers left anymore.

This should have been obvious when Win 8 released, and then they followed it up with the still-fucked Win 10 and all the garbage that came with it.

How could anyone be worried?
Everyone knows Google is not evil.
Life is easier after logging in to my Google account.
Problems with recaptcha no longer cause me trouble.

Maybe you people are too paranoid.
Everyone will be better of if we work together.

Literally WTF is wrong with them? Edge was good.

Chromium actually does by default phone home to a few Google servers. It's not nearly as much as Google Chrome but if you still want to be free-er look into Ungoogled Chromium.

>A clear loss in performance, ranging from 10 to 30 FPS depending on the scene presented on screen
>13+4=30
What did you mean by that, user?

>0-20% performance loss is too much
When it can stop you from playing at high refresh rates like 120Hz, it absolutely is, yes.
In my personal opinion, any performance hit is too much though.

I don't think it's acceptable to any "serious" gamer.
But for casual gaming it's not a huge deal, just turn your graphics settings down a bit.

It's already a huge achievement that it works at all.
We sometimes have a LAN party at the office where we mostly run Linux.
It's really nice we can play on those without having to install Windows.

Sabotage.
Google deliberately made Edge unusable on any of their websites (Gmail, YouTube, etc).

Jow Forums would shout foul play if Microsoft didn't use to do the same.

This isn't about somebody else being better, this is about the number of faggots keeping each other in check having decreased.
As for Chromium being open source: You have no idea about the scale. Imagine you claimed to fork the linux kernel + userland, or gcc if it was 2x - 3x the size, or the whole Windows source code, if it was open.
Nobody in their right mind would assume you could even audit it. Not even your dev team in your average company would be big enough. And that isn't even assuming that Google would use their position in all standard committees and shit out some new standards, implement them in their version that again you couldn't even afford to audit and then require in their monopolizing web services.

That said, is right.

Not a programmer or anything but how the fuck does shit this big even get audited? Bots? Farms of irl pajeetchinks or brute force ai algorithms (deep learning neural networks) and the like?

It doesn't. And that's the point.

Funny I always thought that about (open source) even as a wee kid I thought the memes of Unix being more secure was dogshit in the 90s it was just more obscure then.
Look at the Swiss cheese hardware and back door os shit we have now.
So funny Linux ended up a million times worse than Windows with coc shit and it still killed it.
Instant Ms let nix code run natively on w10 was them admitting defeat.
Same with Android crushing everything and ios going back to being niche shit for dongle morons

>Funny I always thought that about (open source) even as a wee kid I thought the memes of Unix being more secure was dogshit in the 90s it was just more obscure then.
The trick is that it is potentially more secure, not necessarily.

Isn't it funny how the tables are turned Jow Forums still thinks Microsoft is the same giant they where in the 90s-10s but in reality they are ibm/90s Apple 2.0
Pc home market is shrinking only servers and workstations are booming which is ironically Windows weakness since it scales like shit with threadripper 2 32core+ CPUs
Writings on the wall as well outside of gamers and (enthusiasts) hobbyist fags home pcs are dead laptops completely dead outside of gaming and niche professional stuff.
Within the decade arm and nix will be standard not just confined to phablets

>but in reality they are ibm/90s Apple 2.0
How is any of those better?
MS still takes patent money from Linux companies. And why do you think VSCodium exists?

Friendly reminder that Microsoft's Kernel is shit-tier and if you have not realized it by now you need to nep yourself

Attached: 1466758576441.png (1011x1097, 740K)