/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread

Attached: yande.re 494120 cameltoe cleavage feet gatari headphones no_bra open_shirt pantsu pantyhose seifuku (2980x3308, 2.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
strawpoll.me/17134935
listeninc.com/the-correlation-between-distortion-audibility-and-listener-preference-in-headphones/
youtube.com/watch?v=v6ljGN_wsa4
africansuntimes.com/2016/05/is-the-black-male-penis-really-larger-than-the-white-male-penis-yes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stax

You are the best user. *takes out pepe*

reminder that nikita cannot and will not ever be able to afford stax and therefore spends all of his time not plumbing toilets shitposting about them.

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, Stax headphones are literally audiophool garbage

Attached: 15282831694830.jpg (745x480, 42K)

Hello guys, question about headphones kinda. So i have headphones bayerndynamics dt990 and i have receiver yamaha rx-v563 (using it only for headphones) And now i kinda thinking should i buy headphones AMP or something like that? And which one? And can i connect it to receiver or it's better to use them separately?

Attached: 1526867975143.jpg (918x918, 81K)

Where else will you be plugging them in?

lol he is mad as fuck that he got exposed, that is why he is pushing "nikolai" instead of his real name

Attached: 1494868802080.png (1196x892, 254K)

Attached: 1518775929963.jpg (415x587, 120K)

cute drawing of me

Nowhere?

Shit I thought I was going to throw atom's chan but I guess not. But it's still a good number of people saying to throw it out anyway.

What is your reasoning for voting yes or no? I thought everyone here considered it to be good?
strawpoll.me/17134935

amp wont do much, but a DAC might if the yahama dac is bad but i doubt it.

post magnet-fi garbage
I'll start

Attached: IMG_20180323_224809.jpg (2000x1498, 2.04M)

>using inferior magnetshit to listen to music
>in the year of our lord anno domini 2018, almost 2019
>when you could use the purity of electricity to achieve summit fidelity

>aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
>Ctrl+F "Stax"
>nothing found

Stax sound worse than mid-fi, lmao

I hate buying audio products more than any other.
Reviews are all over the place, often contradicting each other and always steeped in mystifying bullshit.

>$400
objectively garbage
post something I can afford fat american

Stax is mentioned, look for the SR-009. The study itself has absolutely nothing to do with actual listener preference though.
But Stax sound better than your DT990s Nikita. What're you gonna do about it?

listeninc.com/the-correlation-between-distortion-audibility-and-listener-preference-in-headphones/
right click and 'save link as' on the link to the full paper

>The study itself has absolutely nothing to do with actual listener preference though.
>Listener Preference in Headphones study based on listeners preference ratings
Stax incels are still trying to deny the fact their shitphones are objectively worse than cheap mid-fi cans. Pathetic.

learn how to buy and sell used products without taking a loss so you can demo any headphone you want

isn't K-701 more like lo-fi?

>Stax incels
At least conjugate it in the way intended : Staxcel. That's what annoys me most about you.

That would even more tragic for stax incels lmao

3DPD Akane uses some old ass Pioneer on-ears and Sony MDR-EX155

Attached: [HorribleSubs] SSSS.Gridman - 12 [1080p].jpg (1920x1080, 154K)

>Listener Preference in Headphones
Does not mean that the graph you like to spam is about listener preference in headphones. And the results of the study pretty clearly states
>The only significant differences in preference were between Headphone D (the least preferred headphone) and Headphones A (the AKG), B and E(SR-009)
>The second observation is that beyond Headphone D, most listeners had difficulty reliably discriminating among the headphones indicated by the small differences in headphone preference ratings, and the rather large overlapping error bars. Some listeners (53 and 363) apparently found it challenging to formulate preferences based on audible distortion.
>Other than Headphone D or to a lesser extent C, listeners generally had difficulty hearing audible nonlinear distortions. For Headphone D the effects were described as a noise or buzzing sound, muddy bass with less pitch, and some harshness at around 1-4 kHz. Many listeners contradicted themselves across observations saying that a particular headphone sounded distorted in one trial, but not distorted in another.

And in conclusion:
>Nonlinear distortion in headphones of this high caliber (Headphone D excepted) seems to not be a significant factor in how good it sounds.

>try to make wholesome new thread
>everyone immediately starts fighting
YAMERRROOOO

Attached: 46337829_269658940410544_4641307793687576576_n.jpg (600x765, 29K)

>Get the DT990 and enjoy the Beyer Experience (and not needing miniskirts)

Beyers are best enjoyed while you wear dresses and skirts though.

Attached: beyer.jpg (525x897, 90K)

/hpg/ is no longer about headphones, it's about bullyciding degenerate slavs

The fucking state of this thread

Why are you trying to ignore the fact that SR-009 were rated lower than K701 in the listeners preference test?

Just wonderful attention to detail:
youtube.com/watch?v=v6ljGN_wsa4

Stop misleading people.

user in need of some good sound reduction. I thought I could use some buds to deal with it but none I've tried work for the cause (and expensive buds sound as shit as cheaper pairs for some reason). I was thinking of getting the Quietcomfort II or Xm3 but not particularly sure which will deliver the better experience. I hear the sony crack, have a weird crackling noise at times, and arent as comfortable. But I hear Bose sound shittier with less going for them overall.

Also can someone explain the Bose meme? I'm not much of an audiophile, I really just want something that sounds "good" and will block out loud television noises etc.

autism

Because you don't know how to read scientific papers.

absolutely based

>LOL, Stax headphones are literally audiophool garbage

Attached: 1409588846219.jpg (550x405, 45K)

It's in the study. Stax SR-009 aka "Headphone E" were rated lower than AKG K701 aka "Headphone A" in the listeners preference test.

If you don't like to read, here is a simple graph from the study.

Attached: 009garbage.png (622x451, 60K)

Requesting Purchase advice anons, I dropped my phone and bent the damn 3.5mm jack

>Budget
$50 - flexible
>Location
Canada
>Source
My phone- Samsung S9+
>Type of headphone
IEMs
>Open or closed
Preferably closed
>Comfort level
Willing to accept less comfortable headphones for better sound quality
>Sound signature
Don't care
>Past headphones
Yurbuds, Apple headphones.

just resolder a new jack?

Headphone A is not the K701. Stop misleading people.

Just from that picture alone anyone who has taken any sort of higher education in any branch of science knows that Headphones A, B and E all fall within margin of error of each other. Second of all, the following:
>Listeners were instructed to rate their preference, with emphasis on the distortion aspect of the stimulus.
>This was intended to prevent subjects from focusing on the (unavoidable) slight timbre differences between the stimuli.
So again, a distortion preference study. Not an actual preference study. Harman have better things to spend their money on.

Fuck man, why couldn't Hitler have finished the job.

Attached: 1481442038101.png (500x541, 132K)

Does not matter. If it's not AKG then it's Beats or Bose which means Stax were destroyed by even lower tier headphones, kek. But it is K701 100%, you can check it by comparing "Headphone A" THD graph with Innerfidelity data.

Headphone E is not the SR009. Stop misleading people.

Which headphone is which? Wasn't even aware that there A wasn't the K701 and E wasn't the SR-009.

Deshō? I'm a r*ssian and I would gladly see this entire shithole completely annihilated and genocided into oblivion along with the russophile faggots from the (((alt-right))).

It is. "Headphone E" had significantly lower distortion levels than other headphones.

It's not. All bars are heavily equalized recordings of headphones. So none of them are headphones, they are all recordings.

Stop misleading people.

True enough.

Yes, recording of K701 played through SR-009 sounded better than SR-009 itself, lmao.

No it didn't. Stop misleading people.

Reminder that the headphones- sorry I mean the recordings of the headphones that were to be played back through the SR-009 (lmao) were equalized to look like pic related for the purposes of the study. So much for listener preference.

Attached: 1533203552203.png (1010x398, 92K)

Since you asked so nicely for more.

Attached: beyer2.jpg (705x908, 137K)

>those hands

Yes it did. Stop denying the fact.

Attached: 1429886236393.jpg (550x550, 44K)

Pull your skirt higher and bend over more, we must go lewder for the sake of understanding audio better

Wrong. Stop misleading people.

Attached: 47470-x700.jpg (494x700, 50K)

Is this jaypeg image the best you can afford with your government rationed 30MB of internet a month in Ukraine?

>1350 and 1990
good shit, faggot

Attached: IMG_20180927_211025.jpg (3024x2666, 1.47M)

Where's your skirt?

I haven't gone off the audio deep end enough to start wearing skirts yet

Post feet

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Etymotic beats any anc.

Wait this nigger has been shitting up the thread for weeks and there's barely 0.2 points of fucking difference? What a load of horseshit.

budget: less than 50e
type: in ears
I found these Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision for 29 euros, is it good?

mh755.
Or final e series, they're mostly good than chink.

Yeah. And the best part is that it measures listener preference solely on audible distortion, not on timbre, tuning, dynamics, technical ability, just audible distortion.

the headphones are equalized to sound the same as well with untrained listeners trying to detect distortion artifacts and a small sample size with only two observations per person per headphone

Do they? No buds I've tried have come close to beating ANC. I have really loud sounds going on around me so I want to cut them out.

Etys go all the way deep into your ear canal, right up to your eardrums. They're called eardildos for a reason. But they're amazing at blocking out noise and they do sound decent.

Got a recommendation for that?

for what? a new jack? just go to any fucking hardware store you plonker

Beyers should keep a sense of mystery.

Attached: beyer3.jpg (828x915, 109K)

It does not matte. What matters is that $4000 Stax headphones were rated lower than some $200 AKGs.

Transducers have only two characteristics: frequency response and distortion levels. So while frequency response was the same for all headphones, Stax still managed to sound worse than mid-fi.

The listeners were trained.

It does matter you fucking clown. I can't believe you're gloating over 0.2 points. What a fucking idiot.

Bass isolation is fairly the same, but deep insertion triple flange beats most over ear with/out anc in mid-treble area.
hm, seems your statement is misleading, those triple flange intended to achive isolation at second bend of ear canal, nowhere near the eardrum. while most iem sits at lips of ear canal.

A fact is a fact. Stax headphones are objectively worse than mid-fi.

Stop shitting up threads fucktard, I don't give a shit.

>Transducers have only two characteristics: frequency response and distortion levels.
Hohohohohoohohohohohohoho the absolute state

You know a while back I used to spam that stupid fucking BBC meme but now that you think about it what Nikita is doing here is EXACTLY what that delusional fucking nigger was doing with his dumb coping about his dick size.
africansuntimes.com/2016/05/is-the-black-male-penis-really-larger-than-the-white-male-penis-yes/
>The studies nevertheless found that the black male penis size was slightly longer, but not longer enough to be of any significance.
These findings put a big smile on my face because in any endeavor, a winner is a winner, longer is longer and bigger is bigger no matter the tiniest size of winning. In sports, for example, if a team scored 20 points and the other scored 21 points, guess who is the winner. Then I looked at US presidential polls, and the number of electoral votes need to win the presidency, which is 270 votes. Guess what, if you have 271 votes, you are the winner.
So yeah, Nikita gloating over 0.2 points of variance is no different from a nigger gloating over 0.1 inches of length and girth in penis size pretty much.

Where do I buy these user?

Sexy legs user, nohomo.

WHAT THE HELL IT'S PRACTICALLY EVEN NOW.

You guys aren't making this easy. Why the hell is everyone saying yes or no?

No one cares about your blogging. Please kindly stop. Thank you.

This.

>blogging
I NEED ADVICE

My advice? Flip a coin, head is keep, tails is trash, then engage in self-immolation in the middle of a crowded mall.

I just shared the study. It's not me who floods the thread trying to hide the truth about low quality Stax headphones.

Yes it is you faggot, the more you shit up threads the more I'm tempted to fall for the stax shilling just to spite your faggot ass.

Both sides need to keep calm and undress. Let nature do the rest.

That's shitty advice.

Stop trying to reason with the slav, his IQ isn’t high enough to facilitate higher mental processes .

WHY WOULD YOU THROW AWAY YOUR ATOM??? GIVE A FUCKING REASON FIRST FAGGG!

You can do whatever you want, it's your choice.

Unfortunately for you beggars can't be choosers.

I have plenty of headroom without my amp for volume is why I started this poll but I have more than I ever will need with the amp. Is there any other reason to keep it besides just getting more volume?

>K701
>Low-fi
Those might not be Stax but they sure as hell aren't low-fi.