Technically, he is right

technically, he is right.

Attached: 3YbG5kD_d.jpg.jpg (498x469, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Copyright_Law_in_the_United_States#Civil_vs._criminal_copyright_infringement
pld.cs.luc.edu/courses/ethics/sum18/mnotes/copyright_laws.html#criminal
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Back
to reddit

you know about it too, user. you should go back there too.

only good comic hes ever made

So quaint. Nowadays we don't even pretend that we 'own' a 'collection'. We just stream our media off Netflix, Spotify, Kindle Unlimited, etc.

For once, he's entirely right, sends the right message, and presents it in a good way too. Wow, a non-faggy xkcd comic that makes a good point.

Correct. Fuck DRM.

That comic is literally incitement, and is illegal and a crime. Hope Randall does time for it.

You have to go back

He's actually incorrect. While "pirating" is copyright infringement, it's not necessarily a crime. In order for copyright infringement to be criminal, the offense has to be particularly egregious. You're still civilly liable even if it's not criminal copyright infringement, but you're not necessarily a criminal just because you copied some songs.

See: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Copyright_Law_in_the_United_States#Civil_vs._criminal_copyright_infringement

t. law student

Apropos, you may find a good summary with some actual case law instances here: pld.cs.luc.edu/courses/ethics/sum18/mnotes/copyright_laws.html#criminal

this is a tech board, plebbit pirate poojeets gtfo

Are you saying that the people in the US are less criminals if they pirate the songs instead of buying the songs and breaking the copy protection for backup purposes?

Yep, the pic is right

Technically DRM fucks you

Attached: Digital Rights Management.jpg (400x225, 12K)

If you want you support your favs artists, buy CD or merch. It's legal, it's your for life, you have a nice physical object, and the artists have a lower margin on them (especially in concert)

(You) have to go back

*À propos

i dont want "nice physical object", fuck off with you consumerism you vain cunt

it seems to be the case lol

i agree
i just find it funny that stick guy wears a fedora

pirating is legal though

Buy DRM'd -> things change -> re-buy -> you're not a criminal
:^)

what a retard

This. Buy it then pirate it. You own a license so if you download it, they cannot touch you. it's the hosting/distributing that is a criminal offense.

kill yourself capitalist cunt

not in my country

No, it means at the end they're criminals either way, so why waste money on drm stuff.

Get lost commie scum

Most of the money from music CD sales goes to labels and publishers and managers and whatnot. Only a fraction goes to the artist.
Music artists make their money from radio, tv and movie licenses and such. If you only consider the consumer and the artist, music piracy is practically harmless.
Unless we're talking about smaller artists that aren't part of the bleeding-dry establishment surrounding popular music.

I'm an artist, and I'm telling you, piracy is okay. We barely get money from streaming services anyways. Just come see our live performances if you like us, that matters more.

>re-buy
you can't
that's precisely the problem

Is this 2009?
Because that's when apple removed drm from purchased songs.

>music

>xkcd
you have to go back

Literally the only xkcd comic that makes sense.

pirate it and send them 20$ in an envelope