Halfway through this and still feel like an unemployable brainlet...

halfway through this and still feel like an unemployable brainlet. what do I have to do to not end up a frontend webcuck? I'm afraid bootcamps and women are going to kill that career come the next recession. It's too easy to justify high salaries for much longer so I really want to learn some real unixy greybeard shit that won't dissapear in 5 years.

Attached: kernel.jpg (200x257, 37K)

you are only stupid if you choose to be

I feel the same way. Learning C++ currently. Also plan on creating my own bootable riscv/c or c++ compiler.

But it's really not just about the language but what you have experience doing with them.

still easier than an actual engineering or science fields though

Tech jobs are way fucking easier to get in to than you assume.
You're looking at silicon valley companies doing a bunch of cutting edge shit and extrapolating that out to the whole of programming work.
The reality is that 90% of software development is just creating / maintaining basic CRUD applications for clients. You don't need to know a whole bunch of algorithms and data structures because everything is stored in a SQL database and all that shit is optimised for you by the DBMS.
99% of programmers wouldn't have the first clue about kernel programming, which is fine because they're not programming kernels.
Stop learning meme shit and just create a couple of projects / go to uni so that you can prove you understand basic programming concepts, then apply for some entry level jobs. It doesn't matter if you feel like a brainlet, companies are literally expecting you to be one and they'll teach you everything you need to know once you start working there.

Thats the problem. I apply to these places that basically want their CRUD operations plus whatever extra bells and whistles, but even then its still hard to get a job.

Work harder and do more side projects, contribute to open source.

I can guarantee you right now that you won't land your first job doing kernel development. That's not to say that learning it is meaningless but try to find a position that is tangentially related like some backend dev stuff, work at positions like that while doing open source or w/e and you could transition to that kind of work.

what if I want to be better than a crud dev
I want to work on low level stuff not fucking webdev or crub apps in C# or java

>what if I want to be better than a crud dev
>I want to work on low level stuff not fucking webdev or crub apps in C# or java
Then work at it you faggot.
Fuck, I hate working with children like you who want to be the next linus but never actually put in the amount of work and practice it takes.
Just kys now and never make threads like this one again.

fucking pseud. Learn math, stats and machine learning or kys brainlet

Get some entry level C or C++ job. It's not kernel development, but once you actually have the knowledge needed to go into kernel development, it will look better on your resume than webshit.

How do I move from webshit, user? I joined this shit company right after college for an entry level SDE role and they had these meme of putting the grads into random teams, without our preferences or projects on CV. The pay is good but after each day of working on the JavaScript memes I get one step closer to killing myself. What do?

If I understand it correctly, the company had the position you were looking for, but you got randomly assigned to do some other shit. If so, then you should check if it's possible to move around within the company, ask people if they knew of someone who did it and how, etc.
Other than that, you can't really do much besides looking for another job and putting shit on your github/contributing to open source projects.

why machine learning
that shit is so boring

You don't need learn linux developer to become linux sysamd.

Several high pay linux sysadm don't know C.

But CUDA programming pay more.

1. learn C/C++
2. learn about data-structures in C/C++
3. learn about systems programming
4. learn about algorithms
5. Then learn about kernel development.

You're trying to run before you're even crawling. Finish the book if you want, but you'll want to learn about the stuff I listed. Then come back to it, and it will be a lot easier to read.

You don't need C++ for kernel development

Correct, but you can still learn about pointers and memory management in C++.

>what do I have to do to not end up a frontend webcuck?

There are lots of non-frontend jobs. They don't all involve kernel development. Find a niche you enjoy. Through luck and a little bit of work I ended up in cybersec.

Be a backend webchad

do you understand the linux programming interface? if not why are you trying to develop the kernel?

you can solve bunch of interesting problems with it

>I'm afraid bootcamps and women are going to kill that career come the next recession.
Lol, you're talking shit on women who actually work jobs in industry while you're struggling with some book you picked up not because of genuine interest but because you wanted to signal how "non-brainlet" you are.

Pathetic and never going to make it.

>creating my own ... c++ compiler
WAHAHAHH