What is the modern equivalent of horribly wrong predictions for the future...

What is the modern equivalent of horribly wrong predictions for the future. Or have we just given up hoping for a better future?

Attached: uz1nel2nxmg57qxl9rhsedntv3fnc_bclcl0uuq-3pu.jpg (520x767, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=040slUxs5yQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_gender_distinction
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>horribly wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=040slUxs5yQ

I tend to be pretty pessimistic, but I'm actually pretty hyped for the future

Hydrogen cars, 3D screens, generic cancer cure, fusion reactors, mainstream space travel

>Or have we just given up hoping for a better future?
basically this

Actually good gender surgery.

>Or have we just given up hoping for a better future?
This but unironically. Everyone wanks on dystopian shit now.

anything from Elon musk

Attached: 1472823517003.jpg (5312x2988, 3.69M)

Ol'Musky definitely has some grandiose dreams, but is doing an impressive job at making them happen. Imagine going back to 1998 and telling people that one of those new-fangled internet billionaires will not only start an electric car company that sells 20,000+ high-end cars per month, but also starts a rocket business that undercuts everyone in the launch market. People would think you are talking about a cheesy sci-fi novel.

Attached: 8l6sajhdwpw111.jpg (299x198, 23K)

>What is the modern equivalent of horribly wrong predictions for the future.

Linux on the desktop.

Space travel sounds like a hoax. We'll go to mars, realise it was a waste of time and that the nearest habitable planet is practically impossible to reach then give up.

Meanwhile all we really want are sex robots to finally come.

Space travel with our current knowledge of science is a waste of time indeed, and I don't see that changing unless there's some revolution in space travel that would involve throwing in the trash everything we know about physics

We wont expand into space until we actually need to, that is, when the cost of building a space habitat or mining an asteroid becomes comparable to land/construction prices or mineral cost on Earth.

not really, electric cars are old as fuck and lithium batteries have been around for decades. It's just that not a single one of the established manufacturers really cared about taking them to the next level. Why invest dev money into electric cars when we can sell ICE engines for another 50 years? Just gotta keep those arabs in line.

Also rockets have been mainly a monopoly of states, I guess, and state-run operations have always been notoriously inefficient and overly costly, see the space shuttle.

>Just gotta keep those arabs in line.
Is Elon Musk doing all of this because he took the ultimate red pill?

Sexual reassignment surgery?
Probably true, but goddamn, have you seen the transgenders they have nowadays who puberty-blocked themselves via hormones? They are b e a u t i f u l

It's makeup.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 33K)

lol shes a qt in both you autist.

Bone marrow extraction > convert to stem cell > grow new genitals on scaffold > transplantation. SRS is going to be so much better in the future

It wasn't my point. She looks completely different with and without makeup.
Now try to figure out how masculine a transgender looks like early in the morning.

>horribly wrong predictions for the future

Actual thinking/reasoning AI... at least not in our lifetime.

Tech singularity
FTL
AI

lunix on the desktop

granted that's not extremely common but there do exist neighborhoods wherein the streets are all active taxiways and people park their personal aircrafts in sheds next to their homes

Jesus can this board not talk about tranny faggots for one second?

We're just taking our first baby steps into space. We're essentially at the same point with space that we were with trans-Atlantic travel in 1400.

On second thought, gendermania may be one thing we want to nip in the bud before we venture out. If our explorers end up being ugly troons, the aliens will decide we're too sick for space and may kill us all.

All the "post PC world" shilling from the likes of iVerge.

Attached: 1493932977399.png (800x612, 234K)

This.

Attached: 1532884972502.jpg (1300x1286, 669K)

Google Glass and vr headsets, the successful iteration will be implants.

Don't count out something like google glass + AR out. I feel like it has real potential.

What electric car company did musk
>start
?

You have to remember that these predictions didn’t take into account the disastrous effects of 50+ years of feminists and niggers on this planet. Without those distractions we’d have colonized the moon by now.

and.. do what there exactly?

Imagine going back to 1998 and telling people that Donald Trump would be president of the United States.
The world has changed a lot since then.

everything kurzweil said about ai

Attached: 1439710047999.jpg (474x352, 29K)

They only say that to put people off wanting to go there.

Attached: 1450061647449.png (480x624, 60K)

And yet, you'll still be a man, faggot

>Sexual reassignment surgery
It's not called that anymore. Was determined to be offensive so they changed it to Gender Confirmation Surgery.

i could definitely colonization of our solar system similar to the expanse series happening.

if you can't tell does it matter?

i mean, he had a campaign in 2000.

But that's factually inaccurate. Their gender was confirmed at birth, by genetics.

was their gender confirmed by genetics or their sex?

Educate yourself

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_gender_distinction

That is, quite literally, wrongthink now. The left expects you to ignore the scientific idea of sex.

Anything that suggests outer space over us just making an inner space.

I know this is bait, but this is a perfect example of doublethink. The party line is, sexual reassignment is an offensive phrase because sex and gender are two different things, yet prefer the phrase gender confirmation. Absolutely baffling how people can function like that. Although I suppose 40% of them don’t.

No one is arguing about sex, it's pretty simple in humans male female with some cases of intersex mutations. Are you sure you aren't confusing sex with gender?

If sex and gender are different then living as a crossdresser would be enough. But they want to fully change their sex. But they want to imply they aren’t not changing it, they’ve always been that way “on the inside”. So it can’t be SRS. So it’s GenConf. But gender isn’t sex. So it shouldn’t involve changing sexual organs. You’re baiting me but I like being angry and it amuses me to play with their sick logic keep going

>but I like being angry
Well, as long as you're the one that's angry.

Keep going cmon man we just got started

To me, an heterosexual latin-american male it matters.
You're insecurities makes you believe that you aren't good enough as you are and instead settle the idea that living a lie is better than accepting reality and working with the best you got to better yourself and others.

>Sex reassignment surgery or SRS (also known as gender reassignment surgery and by numerous other names) is a surgical procedure (or procedures) by which a transgender person's physical appearance and function of their existing sexual characteristics are altered to resemble that socially associated with their identified gender. It is part of a treatment for gender dysphoria in transgender people.
pretty straightforward what are you confused about again?

I'm confused are you just saying because you were lucky enough to be born without any problems everyone else should ignore theirs?

LMAO "gender issues" are not a fucking problem, Zoomer. You're just letting the soÿ get through you

Fucking this.

Gender issues aren't a problem just like veteran suicide isn't a problem. These people really activate my almonds.

Your inability to feel empathy for people slightly different from yourself isn't something to be proud of. Then again being a sociopath is probably pretty fun.

>caring about what other people’s harmless personal preferences

This guy is gonna be gone in the future, so there’s hope.

Turn it into a rich people only zone after they decide to flee Earth which is now poor as shit and full of Mexicans just like elsyium.

/thread
Hopefully, in 50 years Musk will be remembered as the conman he is.

??
did you actually read what you replied to?

The elongated muskrat has some silly ideas that could never work, like hyperloop, but seems quite realistic on others like getting to space on a smaller budget.

not really, rocket launches have been privately contracted for ages now. Lockheed and Boeing formed ULA and had a monopoly until spaceX.

plenty of that kind of optimistic/naive bullshit. even the popular mechanics site has a recent article on the world of 2045

Attached: 20180109_01_01.jpg (4000x2500, 1.07M)

>Humanlike artificial consciousness in the near future
Even our most sophisticated variety of AI at present is nothing but a hippocampus, not a full brain. And an emotionless blank-slate hippocampus at that: unlike with a human hippocampus, artificial neural networks aren't perprogrammed with complex subnets of survival instincts evolved over millennia, and as if that weren't bad enough, they only have two neurotransmitters -- one for "yes, good, show me more results like this" and one for "no, wrong, try again asshole."

a y chromosome modifies the genes on the X chromosome or it does not. thats only 2 states

being impossibly dense isn't winning an argument

Yeah, I made a fucky wucky, really meant

Yeah that post looked a little silly with that picture showing spaceX delivering the same service with an 80% reduction in cost. Compared to his only US competitor.

Yeah but there are a lot of assumptions people constantly make about what a person's sex means about who they are and what they must aspire to, and those assumptions tend to be true, but aren't always. That broad family of assumptions and expectations is part of what's meant by the word "gender" in the context of transgender jargon. So, when people say they're "transgender," often times what they really mean is that their personal aspirations are in essential conflict with the aspirations they're expected to hold based on their sex -- a conflict so essential that rather than explain exactly what their aspirations are, it's easier to just sum it up by disowning their sex entirely -- and they are asking you to respect their actual aspirations, instead of foisting upon them the aspirations you thought they would have based on their sex.

That's an autogyro, and what's with the caveman music

>start an electric car company
*bought an electric car company and bribed the media to convince people he was the founder

>What is the modern equivalent of horribly wrong predictions for the future.
They are called financial projections or sales forecasts.
Big companies, like Apple, have grown cautious so the "market" sets their targets, which is why Apple's share price drops after every revenue report.
Just about every "analyst's" prediction is out on the up side every time. It makes you wonder if there is some market-manipulation going on.

Somebody please tell me this is a joke?

1951, when every man wore a hat. And I was 9 years old.

Have you seen a cis girl without makeup

Attached: wzhpt6l29nz01.jpg (1200x1600, 238K)

He should join our power metal band.

his not a flamethrowers where pretty good but he's largely just shitposting with other money because people will throw money at tech no matter what

>he
That's a cis girl

Basically this. We're over run at this point. It's all misery from here on out.

She has a shadow on his lip.

How else are we going to escape the brown people? We need space travel NOW.

Strict eugenics

many cis girls do

Gender is a meaningless term that describes behavioural traits associated with a certain sex. From a biological point of view, only sex really exists. The rest is just bullshit American "science" propaganda. You never wonder what's the "gender" of lions or elephants. Because it's meaningless social-political bullshit, that has no basis whatsoever in actual biology. Gender == sex, simple as that.

Extending the biological clock so people above the age of 40 can have children without genetic defects.

Flying firemen, lmao.

Attached: Sketch.png (1418x933, 2.6M)

>Because it's meaningless social-political bullshit, that has no basis whatsoever in actual biology.
This. And yet everyone believes it exists. If you happen to be the exact opposite kind of person to whom you're expected to be based on your sex, it's easier to tell someone this by claiming to be the gender opposite your sex than it is to convince them of the truth: that gender doesn't exist and the only thing that does exist is your sex which is something that doesn't actually say anything about who you are

many very real concepts don't exist in the physical world, it doesn't make them any less important

Everyone looks completely different with and without makeup... that's a leading reason on movements against wearing makeup.

So... basically saying, I could launch a satellite into low earth orbit for a price of my PC?
Neat. Where do I sign?

as long as you can find enough people to split the cost of the entire payload of the rocket totally.

But gender is NOT important. What IS important is the problem of people in our modern society THINKING gender is important. It's because of people like them that some people have to call themselves "transgender" in order for others to understand them.

We have those now.

Attached: Mosquito XE.webm (450x360, 2.79M)

But gender is very important it dictates how you are raised, how people treat you, peoples expectations for your behavior (and how they treat your if you don't meet these expectations) The nail that sticks up gets hammered down.

The Mosquito has a traditional rotor and drive system. Something with a tip jet would be much more compact. i.e. Hiller Hornet. It's also way cheaper and mechanically simpler, and was being tested by the Army for low-cost transportation (it also kills you if the engine quits, but this is a minor detail and of no consequence to the citizens in the OP).

Attached: Hiller_YH-32_Hornet.jpg (800x600, 220K)

In nature see determines your role. So saying sex and gender are made up distinctions by society, would imply you think females should fulfill traditional roles and stay back to care for the kids the way animals do. Hilarious.

Trannies get the rope.

Attached: 320B11C3-656B-44F2-AFF4-E13CBAEA29DF.jpg (600x656, 67K)