Firefox places ads on home page

wtf mozilla

Attached: d6t3g75dvf721.png (1366x768, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/tomscott/status/1076160979388518407
firefox.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wtf I hate Firefox now

>Still using Firefox

what should i use?

use the preferences to disable?

>not using blank new page

I thought Firefox was supposed to be a privacy friendly browser?

Firefox does nothing but push propaganda, it's terrible.

Attached: 1519393664986.png (1019x421, 255K)

>falling for the "Firefox cares about your privacy" meme

yeah, all i ever see is articles from left leaning outlets

open about:config
search for "http" and empty all entries. Takes about 2 minutes to do. Updates won't work but you can update in half a year anyways and do it again. Fucking doesn't take long to do.
Also search for "telemetry" and "ping" and "update". Not kidding, I do this. Feels good when starting firefox and there are no connections to outside at all (tcptrack).

just turn everything off, idiot

Attached: 1539721261416.png (1764x978, 39K)

>privacy respecting browser
>just turn everything off lmao

Yeah?

nothing. go outside and have a life.

It's clearly not.

IceCat, ungoogled Chromium, Qutebrowser, Otter, etc...

Why? Chrome doesn't let you disable everything without having to go through the code and recompile.

Chrome doesn't put ads on the UI.

Yes it does, as it has giant Google logos and that's advertisements for Google

Attached: 1508818623519.jpg (414x508, 27K)

I don't see any in my Firefox either
And my browsing habits aren't being recorded by an ad company

Just use Chromium.

nah

>debian has debian logos on it, thus it's advertising for debian
>arch has arch logos on it, thus it's advertising for arch
>gimp has gimp logos on it, thus it's advertising for gimp

>Firefox places ads on home page
Use Waterfox.

Attached: waterfox.png (534x322, 17K)

confuse brands, trademarks, logos and products

Attached: 1508883718153.png (499x499, 9K)

>I thought Firefox was supposed to be a privacy friendly browser?
Hahaha...

>what should i use?
Waterfox
Brave
UnGoogled Chromium

Attached: womyn_and_shitskins_cant_into_merit.png (1352x1448, 182K)

>501(c)(3) non-profit organization
vs
>corporation
hmmm... let me guess, it's the same.

It's literally Google Chromium, a browser made by Google, it's normal to have Google's logo on it, if I build a product it's normal if I put my name or company name in there. dah.

literally tl;dr

>larissa shapiro
>Larissa is a guide, a mentor, and a Mozilla inspiration. She is full of life and a true leader on the community building team. From pathways to her work as an ally across functional areas, she continues to bring fresh perspective and expertise to complicated problems.

Attached: AAPueKY.png (350x450, 76K)

Anything that's Chromium based will benefit Google.
Google wants to completely dominate all aspects of the web. Don't help them.

>Larissa Shapiro
>Head of Global Diversity & Inclusion at Mozilla
Of course it's a fucking kike.

Attached: 1537019800841.jpg (461x583, 5K)

Waterfox is based on firefox and the associated gecko mess, brave is a scam browser made to literally scam it's users for money, ungoogled chromium seems the best option.

Hence the UnGoogled part.

>brave is a scam browser made to literally scam it's users for money

Attached: 1539277391874.png (442x500, 52K)

chrome was created in order to become the base of all google business.
iceweasel changed logos due to licensing reasons win mpl.

Yeah, using an inferior browser with minuscule market share will really stick it to them huh?

That's still Chromium. Read Mozilla's article on EdgeHTML for why it's still bad when like 90% of devices on the web use Google's engine.

Google is already tryng their best to make sure their websites don't work properly on other browsers. There was this edge thing where they deliberately killed the hardware acceleration using an otherwise pointless, invisible and the current YouTube UI is written using WebComponents v0 specifically because no browser engine but chromium supports it, so YouTube is a LOT slower on aynthing that is not blink based. Oh, and Safari can't watch anything higher than 720p on iOS or 1080p on the desktop.

The moment you decide to use anything blink based, you give Google more power over the web, specifically web standards and the ability to make their sites not work on other browsers.

>Block ads
>Inject own ads
>User still sees ads, but the money goes towards the brave developers, not the site owners

>Firefox places ads on home page
Well, Gender Confirmation Surgeries are not free because of fascist Trump, so some way had to be found to finance it.
It's basic and human healthcare after all, you're not a transphobic bigot, are you?

Also, don't forget to add my CoC to your project.

Attached: coraline.jpg (360x640, 89K)

>>Block ads
>>Inject own ads
>>User still sees ads, but the money goes towards the brave developers, not the site owners

Yeah, nice theory, but I see that you've never used Brave or researched anything before talking.
The Brave Ads are OPT IN.
You can, if you want, have ads, receive part of the money, and do stuff with it.

Doesn't matter if you like the idea or not, it's OPT IN.
Retard.

>The moment you decide to use anything blink based, you give Google more power over the web, specifically web standards and the ability to make their sites not work on other browsers.
so it's
google vs SJWzilla
fuck this shit, I am switching to lynx.
I think I put up too much the past decade with mozilla's changes on firefox.
Now those changes are not even driven by s/w engineers, but by faggots.

What other options do I have? Using a shit slow, less secure browser that shoves ads on my face?
Yeah lets just use an inferior product that noone else uses, that's totally going to make the difference.

and?
idiot

I see your argument, I tend to agree.
Using Waterfox myself, I don't really care, but what would you recommend then?

yes it does, retard

If Mozilla loses, Google wins forever. No web engine but Blink based ones will ever be usable again because the entire web will be programmed against Blink, its quirks and its vendor specific APIs.
Is that really what you want? Do you want the web to just be Google's, now and forever?

it shouldn't be on in the first place idiot

it allows easy customisation but it's up to you to take advantage of it
can we expect more from a for profit corporation?

why not? it gets money from normies, stupid fuck...

it's the same

I'll just leave it here
twitter.com/tomscott/status/1076160979388518407

Firefox. I certainly don't agree with Mozilla on everything, but I vastly prefer their (comparatively light) SJW madness to Google, which isn't just more SJW, but also more evil and already controlling a massive part of the web.
Thank the fucking normies that Google+ was a failure.

I came to the conclusion that I will do whatever it takes for those SJWzilla faggots to lose their jobs and have their lives ruined.
I haven't touched my win7 machine for 3 months, I came back, ff upgrades to 64, all of my feeds are now just link and a "firefox feeds backup.opml" spawned on my desktop.
I'll die happy if I see them burn.

>when you use something by Google, they have more power
well user, I'm waiting for someone to make something better. it hasn't happened yet, however.

Why does Mozilla constantly mismanage everything?

Firefox or a fork. Google is as bad as or worse than Mozilla and actually has the resources to impose its will upon the world.

>Brave
>UnGoogled Chromium
Even using Brave supports Blink and thus Google's increasing control the World Wide Web.

then it's not what it claims to be, stupid fuck

Jow Forums will defend this

What does this have to do with ads? Yeah that looks bad, but I don't use the Brave crypto system or anything, so that does not concern me, nor does it takes away anything from the browser being a good browser.

I just proved that you were either incompetent or a liar by showing you that there is no "brave ads" forced on you or anything, and you give me another unrelated problem.

Brave, the browser, by itself, is just fine.
That's it.

And you're still a retard that's too weak to admit he's wrong.

yes it is, stupid fuck
firefox.com

Google is more SJW than Mozilla. Why do you want Google to not only thrive as the SJW company that it is, but also control the web and literally every aspect of the web - by controlling the most popular websites, by having the most popular web browser and the engine that's used in it and literally every other browser, by having their own OS that this browser runs on on their own devices, by owning the search engine that everyone finds their content with and by even having their Google adsense JS malware on almost every single site so they can even harvest your data if you're not on their own websites? Or AMP for news sites, which are literally hosted on their domains and servers, even.

Mozilla may be a terrible choice, but Google is clearly much, much worse.

Here is my defense: it's morally dubious, but it hurts ads and Google.

brave is a fucking meme and is absolute garbage. Anyone who thinks it's good should just use iridium which is 100x better.

thats what opera does.

BRAVE
POWEFUL

I'm not original poster. It's anonymous board, it does not mean anyone who replies to you is the same person, retard.

>a company which makes browser makes scam, but it has nothing to do with Brave itself goys, it's good browser, I dare you!
you shills are awful.

what part of that means enjoy unsolicited ads on your home screen, stupid fuck?

>being this retarded

also brave, by itself, is just a chromium fork. Of course it's "fine" for you, you could just use chrome with the same success. And without any scams.

Jesus Christ, Michael Jackson was probably a pedo, but he made good music. I say he makes good music, this has nothing to do with him liking children too much.

Brave, the browser, is a good browser. It has no issue with ads or whatever.
There are apparent issues with the crypto thingy, I don't know much about it, nor do I care, it's an opt-in program, and not one I'm subscribed to.

If you want to talk about morals and if the company has a good carbon footprint, I don't give a fuck.
I'm talking about a browser. And the browser is just fine.
You can pretend to not understand my point and insult me by insinuating I'm a fucking jew, but nevertheless, you understand. You have no argument against Brave per se, and that's what everyone sees.

All that fucking damage control by Brave team members, holy shit.
They're on full meltdown.

Attached: 100989284_idiot.png (500x360, 71K)

>you have no argument against Brave per se
you mean arguments against chromium?

you do understand it's incorrect to compare music with browsers, right? You do understand Brave is in one step to become making scam on you, right? You do understand why everyone started to hate Mozilla, right? No, you don't understand, because you're shill and you don't even try to hide it.

fuck off.

>shoves ads on my face
About once a year when Mozilla fucks up another one of their "cross-promotions". Meanwhile, Blink/Chromium are literally developed by an advertising company.

>describing yourself

>If Mozilla loses, Google wins forever
But Urbit will kill the web!

Since this is a browser argument thread now....
>Use whatever the fuck you want
Seriously it's your freedom to do so.
Also Google, Mozilla, Apple, and Microsoft are all pretty bad at this point imo.
Personally I would recommend Firefox, Palemoon, or Vivaldi but that's just my choice of autism

Attached: bd765f574245843d69914bb3a19d0984.jpg (2057x2873, 1023K)

I won't switch to (ungoogled) Chromium until it has a feature equivalent to Firefox's multi-account containers.

Whom are you quoting? No shit it's your freedom. But your free choices now may limit your freedom in the future if you continue to empower a near-monopolist.

>Firefox
SJW spyware
>Palemoon
"Your Browser, Our Way", and fuck you if you want to use addons we don't like.

what would even be the difference at this point?

google already owns the the biggest search engine, market share and youtube, the internet is theirs and has been for almost a decade already.

as always, be glad google+ was run by retards.

Attached: 1545102602663.png (540x540, 421K)

>multi-account containers
I love those. They are one of the few real competitive advantages that Firefox has. I am not sure Mozilla will be able to teach normalfags to use them, but for advanced users they're awesome.

qutebrowser

Not quoting anyone, and I am aware of that
True, what?, and any opinion on Vivaldi

Attached: cdd96bae46846cff75d777d1991746d6.png (580x568, 312K)

Is this real?

>Not quoting anyone, and I am aware of that
Scum. You are not even in the customary way.

Attached: chen slap.png (480x321, 61K)

I love using it but it should be remade in C with a better adblocker and noscript

>it should be remade in C
Why? Genuine question. Why do you care?

You know you can remove that right?
Damn niggers want everything handed to them.

Attached: 1544062599241.png (607x582, 132K)

Huh? I was saying I'm aware that the monopolies can and will limit freedom in the near future. I try to not support these businesses as such. Also If I am quoting someone then I'm unaware of it.
>Scum. You are not even in the customary way.
What do you mean by this?

Attached: 783710a0f571b9f725a25b45d982adb4.jpg (1423x2000, 1015K)

>it should be remade in C
t. non programmer

I thought you were saying you weren't quoting anyone and were aware of said fact, like a smug motherfucker. I also accidentally two words. I meant "you are not even doing that in the customary way." As in, you weren't even abusing the quote function like people usually do.

Does she have human ears under that hair?

That's a good question, not sure honestly. But it's most likely as that is how many of them are drawn.

Attached: aa889ea6aee488088ca4c89ec8bbd409.jpg (1969x4249, 1.53M)

Ok I understand now

fucking firefox sucks now since they started hiring based on diversity

You could just use IceCat.

/thread