/tosg/

tosg/
Last one died.

Talk about anything TempleOS or Terry Davis here!

The Terry Davis archive got updated with his last emails before his death. They are put there as a look into his mental state on the day of his suicide. The last email he ever sent was to Diana Cowern which read "I purified myself"

>Discord cvRKyRJ
>TempleOS download - templeos.org
>Terry Davis / TempleOS archive - archive.org/download/TerryADavis_TempleOS_Archive/

>Latest news

New content has been added to the Terry Davis archive. Some interesting stuff in there, check it out!

Down the Rabbit Hole did a video on Terry. It was shit.

Attached: tosg.png (640x480, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/download/TerryADavis_TempleOS_Archive/email/Templar mailinglist/2018-07-31 1605 - The King's Speech - 'Terry A. Davis' ([email protected]).eml
ia800600.us.archive.org/31/items/TerryADavis_TempleOS_Archive/websites/thedalleschronicle.com/thedalleschronicle.com - Man killed by train had tech following (2018-09-07).pdf
archive.org/download/TerryADavis_TempleOS_Archive/websites/templeos.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why was Terry so based

Attached: ChinaMountain.jpg (898x506, 52K)

>archive.org/download/TerryADavis_TempleOS_Archive/email/Templar mailinglist/2018-07-31 1605 - The King's Speech - 'Terry A. Davis' ([email protected]).eml
>Please send me paypal--I'm in survival school, it's really not fun eating out of trash cans.

Wait terry died? When?

That poor man. It's quite safe to say that his homelessness was caused by people on the internet fucking with him. How sad.

He commit suicide by standing in front of a train. This was in August of 2018.

All the information is in this article written after his death.
ia800600.us.archive.org/31/items/TerryADavis_TempleOS_Archive/websites/thedalleschronicle.com/thedalleschronicle.com - Man killed by train had tech following (2018-09-07).pdf

Death Grips is definitely based and redpilled

We caused his death by fucking with him. I don't know how to feel about that.

I miss him so much now that he's gone. I used to watch his videos and live streams every day. I'd have comfort knowing that I could go home and there'd be something new from Terry.

His life was fine until that metokur video

which one, can you share it here?

You know the one. The internet insanity video with over 700,000 views.

>metokur a.k.a Internet aristocrat
Fuck that guy

Empowered that we can slay all who oppose us.

This. His video on Terry was just "ha ha look at funny guy saying n word on internet"

Was terry self-taught?

not completely
he did go to university for CompSci/Engineering or something like that

Daily reminder that his parents sentenced him to death the moment they kicked him out. His death is 100% on their hands

electrical engineering

He wouldn't have gotten kicked out if he didn't have his drunken rages. He only started drinking because someone on the internet (I assume Jow Forums) was LARPing as Diana and told Terry that she would come to his house. Apparently he cleaned up everything, even threw out his expensive desktop. When she never showed up, Terry started drinking.

fucking redditkour has ruined everything he's touched with his cancerous fanbase

That's not the point. If you have a scitzo son and you kick him to the street, you can't turn around and pretend you didnt expect him to turn up dead or really even pretend to be sad. There was 100 different options better than kicking someone like him onto the street. Maybe Jow Forums put the family into the situation where that was a possible decision, but no one but his parents made the decision that ended with his death. Blood is on their hands and I hope they rot in hell

True, but you also have to realize that his parents were senile 90 year olds who probably hated their son

>Down the Rabbit Hole did a video on Terry. It was shit.

What was wrong with it?

Can someone tell a brainlet in simple terms how to mount the supplemental discs on WMware?

Attached: 1543958225668.jpg (437x431, 18K)

Attach the ISO.C file to the virtual cdrom drive in VMware, then DskChg('T'); in TempleOS.

Can I install templeOS outside of vm with usb?

>shit
Don’t you mean...
N I G G E R L I C I O U S

>usb?
No. TempleOS only will boot with a CD.

Not likely unless you write an EHCI driver and add USB Mass Storage support for TempleOS.

I think there's a certain point where you stop caring about your crazy and/or retarded son if he's been nothing but trouble for decades, Terry wasn't the type who would be happily institutionalized for life, put yourself in his parents' position, he doesn't want to take his meds, he hated shrinks and would attack his elderly parents both verbally and physically.

I'm sure his parents felt sorry after he left though, and specially now that he's dead.

What was the deal with the "Install TempleOS" billboard sign posted a few days ago here? Any more info on that?

Anyone have a complete archive of the TempleOS blogs?

I saw Bandersnatch on Netflix and it reminded me of him.
Would recommend btw.

Pics?

archive.org/download/TerryADavis_TempleOS_Archive/websites/templeos.org/

thanks

Thank you

>thank you

Can someone refresh my memory about some specific hymn
it's the one that goes like
>do not tell the lord that you're feeling bored
>do not push your luck god is not a schmuck
>god is a good god thanks god
>god is a good god thanks god

LMAO I'm gonna find that one

Attached: 1546157629057.png (640x480, 397K)

>discord
Shit kill yourself

have some respect nigger

Tried this before already but got thrown a bunch of errors. Do I type this in the terminal or do I need to do it in something else?

Can you post a screenshot of the errors?

Actually never mind, I followed an old guide of Terry's where he types in 'ChgDsk' instead of 'DskChg'. It worked in his vid so I dunno why that didn't work here. Seems to work now.
Either way, how do I copy over the files from the supplemental disk to home so I don't have to mount them every time? I tried CopyTree but with no luck. I haven't figured out how to copy the OS to my hard drive (despite the initial prompts) in a VM yet, however (it says it's successful but then prompts me again when I reboot).

'ChgDsk' became 'DskChg' around 2 years ago, between 5.02 and 5.03. When you first boot the ISO and do the VM Install Wizard (press Y, Y), once the wizard prompts you to reboot, remove the ISO from the virtual cdrom, then reboot. Once you see the TempleOS Boot Loader, you will know you are booting from the HDD and not the ISO. Then, you can either copy each Supplemental disc manually, or run TOSStdIns; which will go through the rest of the install process and prompt you for the Supplemental discs.

this

Thank you for the help, though it doesn't seem to actually install anything. It just goes straight to the reboot prompt (pic related), where in other videos it copies over the files for a few seconds first. I can confirm nothing happened by removing the disk and allowing it to reboot, only to see 'Operating System Not Found'. I already gave it a couple gigabytes in virtual hard disk space so not sure where I'm going wrong.

Attached: Capture3.jpg (638x482, 98K)

bump

With a default install on VMware, there should be a Hard Disk ATA Primary IDE at 0x01F0 0x03F4. Can you post a screenshot of Virtual Machine Settings > Hardware?

Here you go

Attached: hardware.jpg (686x650, 38K)

Thanks. Your HDD is attached as SCSI, change it to IDE and you should be good.

Worked great, thank you kind user for helping a dummy

Attached: Big Carmack.jpg (1200x1155, 481K)

>popular thing bad