Why is the Internet so boring nowadays?

Why is the Internet so boring nowadays?

Attached: 1518851559171.png (399x400, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y3iKBxJ9vQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because you touch yourself at night

Because it's becoming more corporate, centralized, and politically correct

because most sites nowadays are for profit/ad revenue. there's very little around that's there just for the hell of it like when geocities was around

Ur old fggt

desu

/thread.

everything is serious business now, you cant just relax and have a good time sharing interests, everything needs to be connected to african starving childs.

it's a different kind of entertaining. misinformation campaigns, the constant feat of unethical security practices by our corporate overlords, the advance of machine learning technology in order to develop the aforementioned. We're really reaching dystopian levels of social incompetency

Normalfags

like OP himself

same

sanitized by and for normies

digits confirm.
Op is a faggot as usual.

The Jews shut everything down when the goyim started knowing

Because we are being controlled you dufus.
Web 2.0 is heavily surveilled, controlled, and as said earlier, more political correct.

+ The ones that were on the web early days, 90's - start 2000's, is grown up now.
And is working jobs, getting on with their lifes.
They realised what the internet changed, and left.
We are the ones staying behind, literally doing shit in loops for that dopamine fix.
Sometimes we have good threads, but web 2.0 influences not only you, but all of your neighboors, families, friends, and friends of theirs, whole cities, almost the entire earth.

botnet is eating everyone, and they're gonna get you, eventually

how do i avoid?

This

Normalfags

Because the way the Internet is consumed now is that you passively wait for it to tell you what to consume (via social media feeds, subscriptions, content aggregators, threads on 4chinz) instead of actively going out of your way to look up interesting content. If you got rid of all the feeds and started treating the Internet like a library where you just poke around until you find something fun it'll feel quite refreshing.

It's a race to the bottom to reach the lowest common denominator in terms of culture. So basically, everything is getting normified to the max.

And any significant investment in the online sector caters to normies now, because the internet is no longer just some niche for nerds and tech savvy people.

Based quads.

You dont

I touch myself while i look at dudes who dress up as girls.

guess i'll get consumed.

>everything needs to be connected to african starving childs
Or reactionary pussies who lose their minds over even the most innocent of comments. We're teaching people it's ok to be pussies and incels.

You have seen too much to care about trivial stuff you might have before. Also you probably have a rigid routine and don't really look for interesting stuff.

Forum users are definitely more politically correct though. And it's not just the pc liberal ones. People here will complain about others being overly offended and then they throw a bitch fit when you say black person instead of nigger, for example, but i bet you know what i mean. Edgy is the same thing as PC. Problem is if you don't fit in the forum gets mad at you because you're not "in-group correct".

Based and satanpilled

internet or web

Tyranny of choice. Before, your options were limited. So you accepted what you had and made the best of it, even getting a deeper appreciation of it.
Now, with so many options, you can just switch tracks at even the slightest hint your choice gets tiresome. There are more opportunities for regret… choice A is probably perfectly fine, but B has a certain quality that’s appealing, C also has a specific quality that’s better than the others, as well as D… With more options, you’d think you’ll find the one that suits your interest perfectly, raising your expectation, but you won’t, there’ll always be another option that is better in some individual respect (see previous.)

look at this: wiby.me
that website is a search engine designed to search the oldnet, all of the websites from the late 90s and new millenium. if you click on 'surprise me' you will be connected to a random website.

here are a few differences i have noted between oldnet websites and newnet websites:

>content is more specialized/websites are more generalized
in the oldnet you will find websites with content dedicated to a specific topic, such as chemistry or electronics.
on the other hand, websites of the newnet have content of a variety of different subjects, e.g. wikipedia.

>websites are more personalized/websites are less personalized
you will sometimes encounter entire websites dedicated to one person and their interests/hobbies. granted, there ARE websites like this today (i.e. blogs) but they are lack the personality and character
of the oldnet blogsites. (you do not have direct control over the HTML code for modern blogs, rather everyone gets a standard form and they fill in the form with their own content).

>websites load faster and have fewer ads/websites load much more slowly and are loaded up the ass with ads
some of the oldnet sites dont even have ads on them, only content. while today if you connect to e.g. 'fox-news.com' you are bombarded with ads and the webpage lags like some fat fuck running after an ice cream truck.

those are a few comparisons, i agree with some of the other posters here that the internet has lost its feeling of novelty and discovery. the internet has become a major part of civilization though, nothing is 'new' forever, and search engines list only the most popular
sites first. what if there was a main internet website directory that has all http accessible websites indexed and you can use to explore the net? that would be cool.

This pretty much. A significant portion of online content nowadays is made purely with money in mind by analysing graphs.Youtube is filled with top 10 best things ever vidoes that are read by the most monotonic and artificial voices. Wouldn't be surprised if they were just some advanced text-to-speech noises. Most "reviews" nowadays are just ads and it's becoming increasingly hard to find information that isn't extremely shallow scratch on the surface. I for the life of me could not find any actual comparisons of printers. I crawled through trash ad reviews for hours and all I could find were top 5 printers 2018 or similar bullshit lists. Search engines need to have an option where they filter out all the web stores from the results.
Media and politics are just a big circus and they seem to be mainly about who's able to fling shit the most effectively without getting caught for lying. Who the fuck am I going to vote when they're all corrupt, idiots or straight out of 1984.

>Most "reviews" nowadays are just ads and it's becoming increasingly hard to find information that isn't extremely shallow scratch on the surface. I for the life of me could not find any actual comparisons of printers. I crawled through trash ad reviews for hours and all I could find were top 5 printers 2018 or similar bullshit lists. Search engines need to have an option where they filter out all the web stores from the results.
Back when Google had the "discussions" search or whatever it was called, it was golden. It would pretty much only list actual forum posts by actual people instead of shitty ads after ads, fake review, fake blogposts and tons of unrelated shit.

>straight out of 1984.
You mean brave new world?

Compare quality of presidential candidates before and after the introduction of televised debates. It's all a big shitshow and has been for years.

doomer frog poster

i used to dress up as a girl and touch myself
( ◡◡ )

The wave broke, I guess.

youtu.be/y3iKBxJ9vQ0

For those who want to see what the web used to be go on:

wiby.me (click the surprise me button)

It’s like google for cool old sites, and some still have participants.

Attached: 1421BA29-51A4-4D31-904E-848D4E28F893.jpg (1024x830, 74K)

>tfw the internet is making -literally- everyone depressed

Attached: 1544485970879.gif (340x300, 302K)

because it was invented by incels to be a safe space for women and other gender fluid people

>first post is four fours
based and redpilled

>what if there was a main internet website directory that has all http accessible websites indexed and you can use to explore the net? that would be cool.
at least wiby does not order sites by popularity, so you can kind of use it like a classic directory, you just have to type your subject of interest and related websites will appear. There are some classic web directories also, such as indieseek.xyz and curlie.org, although I don't think they discriminate between old/new web

It's a long time since it did my friend.
Godspeed internet, good times were had

>all the old forums and people i used to talk to from decades ago are gone or just about dead
>irc channels and servers i went to are dried up
>Jow Forums has gotten progressively worse overtime, especially in recent years
>/prog/ has been gone for years now
>replacement /prog/ may as well be dead and is garbage compared to the original
feels bad

Attached: alex.jpg (1920x1080, 155K)