Why aren't you reading this on a CRT right now?

why aren't you reading this on a CRT right now?
youtube.com/watch?v=ofK3MI3xM_4

Attached: CRT PC Monitors in 2019 - Ancient Trash or Display Treasure-ofK3MI3xM_4.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

They don't make crt phones retard

but why?

BUTT, WHY?!!!!!!

Attached: They_always_ask.jpg (782x960, 85K)

Because I'm not super anal about my display and I don't wanna need a bunch of adapters to use one.

This... but that would probably be pretty A E S T H E T I C.

>100W

Because quality VA panels exist, use less power and don't heat up the room
>b-but muh viewing angles
You cannot have it all with current LCD technology. Deal with it.

Because i'm not a söÿböÿ like the one on the OP pic

What are you on about, OP?

Attached: IMG_20181231_031923.jpg (2560x1920, 1.52M)

but why?

Why not?

>not using your crt for an outdoor shit posting battle station.

Attached: IMG_20180922_003416040.jpg (4160x3120, 2.99M)

based

I had an LCD and a CRT. The LCD had better black levels, so I threw out the CRT

based

I don't care for what this autists define as 'best', I grew up with CRTs and they all look like trash compared to modern monitors.

These are just contrarians, they threw out all their CRT monitors and now they want to be different all of a sudden. Hey genius, if you love them so much why did you get rid of your CRT monitors and now have to hunt them down? Yeah you can't answer that you fucking moron.

It wouldnt be impossible to make one though.

Better black levels is bullshit anyways. It only has better black levels if you're in a pitch black basement. Otherwise you have greyer blacks than a LCD from 1876

Forgot image.
I would accept phoneposters if they used this set up.

Attached: etXl8Jo(2).jpg (1280x720, 243K)

CRTs are practically obsolete. Unless you need to use a zap gun with your NES. There is no recent to use one.

Those CRTs made for pocket TVs would be slimmer

Because my CRTs are all at home right now and I'm 3000 miles away from it.

What Lacie? I assume it's one of the Electron Blues.

Aren't you worried about degrading your phosphors via UV light exposure?

I only use mine at night and bring it in during the day.

Because you're gay

>why aren't you reading this on a CRT right now?
but i am.
why would i use an LCD when using that feels like i have permanent lag compared ot a CRT?

No kidding. So many of these CRT fags are just zoomers who think they’ve discovered some magic technology that we were just too stupid to appreciate at the time.
>huge
>heavy as shit
>consumes tons of power
>throws off tons of heat
>high pitched squealing
>having to fiddle around for fucking ever to get the screen geometry just right
>doesn’t really matter because the edges of the screen will distort when bright white is displayed
They sucked, I don’t miss them one bit.

BUT
WHY?

>huge
Yep. Never going to accidently knock that bastard off the desk.
>heavy as shit
See above.
>consumes tons of power
Not a problem if you have a job.
>throws off tons of heat
Not nearly as much as a modern computer.
>high pitched squealing
BS. You're thinking of TVs with their transformers oscillating at 15KHz. Every CRT monitor made after 1992 went higher than that.
>having to fiddle around for fucking ever to get the screen geometry just right
>doesn’t really matter because the edges of the screen will distort when bright white is displayed
Ahh, an autismo (because you sure as fuck aren't a graphical designer or someone who needs perfect geometry). Never mind.

Because they are heavy and bulky as fuck.

>What Lacie? I assume it's one of the Electron Blues.
Yup, ElectronBlue II 19"

Where the hell do you even get CRTs now? My local thrift stores not only don't sell them, they don't even accept them for donation. I haven't seen any on Craigslist - or any equipment older than a Core 2, actually.

Attached: 1532012884976.jpg (451x630, 27K)

CRT pollutes the environment with lead and x-rays.

You are also sitting downrange of an electron gun - you read that right.

You also need 2-3 people to move anything with screen larger than a midsized tablet.

Because I actually lived through the days of 70kg composite monstrosities with enough flickering to give you constant migraines.

Bumpo. I have the same question.

>because you sure as fuck aren't a graphical designer or someone who needs perfect geometry
Yeah only autists care about the image filling the screen without being tilted, cut off, or distorted in some way.

Ill use this one until it breaks

Attached: $_20.jpg (799x600, 33K)

Cause they don't sell 16:10 CRTs where I live

I remember eye strain. I don't miss it one bit.

Everything on my CRT except the OSD has a cyan tint. I think I need a new one.

>My CRT has a bad capacitor or a loose connection, I need a new one even though schematics are widely available and it would be a quick and easy repair

Attached: 1545222938035.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

congrats! you've reached a whole new level of stupidity

Attached: david-hasselhoff-thumbs-up.jpg (600x600, 49K)

I've never serviced a device like this myself and I know these things can hold a dangerously large charge.

Take it to a repair shop then.

>CRT pollutes the environment with lead and x-rays.
t. climate hoax advocate
>You are also sitting downrange of an electron gun - you read that right.
you're bombarded with radiation every day anyway
>You also need 2-3 people to move anything with screen larger than a midsized tablet.
do you even lift

this mogs the shit out of every battlestation posted ever

I don't know what he's on about. I don't lift at all and I could move my 21" CRT back when I had one. Sure it's heavy and kinda awkwardly shaped, but it's not like it's 300 pounds or anything. The better ones have handles molded into them underneath the sides to help you.

Unless you're some speedrunning autist going on about muh subpixels, there's no reason whatsoever to use shitty old tech.

Now try that with a 27"+ monstrosity used for CAD back at my old workplace. Those fuckers contributed to my worn discs.

But why, moron?

Half of the issues I had moving them back in the day was related to the hard plastic bases for the tvs being shaped so that they would dig into your hands.

crts take up too much desk space.
and, they're heavy.
i don't like them.

Your fault for carrying weight with your spine instead of using your muscles for that.

Year after year of heavy lifting will fuck you over no matter how much technique you put into it.
Point still stands, nostalgiafags have no fucking clue what they're talking about when they revere these old pieces of shit.