/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

old thread: What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Attached: e86b06e555f4b9fb6cf932d8532ec259c4c7cd75_hq.jpg (512x724, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html
youtu.be/lkgszkPnV8g
codegolf.stackexchange.com/
docs.rs/rocket/0.4.0/rocket/
docs.rs/serde/1.0.83/serde/
docs.rs/rayon/1.0.3/rayon/
docs.rs/nphysics3d/0.9.4/nphysics3d/
docs.rs/itertools/0.8.0/itertools/
muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/software/tiny/teensy.html
rocket.rs/)
github.com/rickyhan/tectonicdb)
redox-os.org/)
sandspiel.club/)
github.com/firecracker-microvm/firecracker)
mega.nz/#!MVBgSYZa!0bkfMuVE6-p6MFDmleOn3qW7f2EYM8Q4F61ORVuyqwY
blog.ryanlevick.com/posts/rust-2019/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing, generals are cancer

Attached: 1546188010010.jpg (1520x886, 170K)

Trying to do something in C++ rather than C and honestly not getting the point.

The old thread isn't even at bump limit. You're really trying to push your trap-shit huh?

Can you answer the hardest question in programming, /dpt/?

I'm working my way through some CppCon videos. I don't actually know much C++ outside of the basics (I'm primarily WebDev with Rust for personal projects) but there are so many well-made and interesting videos.

The videos by Matt Godbolt (creator of godbolt.org) are fascinating in particular; he does some really neat deep-dives into the way compilers work and the functionality of modern CPUs.

Even if you're not a C++ programmer, I'd take a browse through the CppCon videos and see if there's anything that looks interesting to you.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 20.53.43.png (957x338, 29K)

Lisp is the most powerful programming language.

Please do not use an anime image next time. Thank you.

whos the cute girl?

"""""""""""""""""""""""""girl"""""""""""""""""""""""""

Do not address the anime image, thanks.

that's a pretty shitty /dpt/ image, kill yourself faggot.

How can we get more women into programming?

Attached: this_is_what_a_programmer_looks_like.jpg (1100x800, 92K)

By making programming an umbrella term to include cooking, cleaning, and secretarial work. Oops, I meant "office administration."

Stop advertising it toward them in a female specific way, it attracts the wrong type of woman. Women who have an innate interest will find it as is.

According to girlswhocode.com, "We are on track to achieve gender parity in computer science by 2027."

That being said, there's still a ton of work to be done and a lot that we can do in the meantime.

Imo, one of the best things you can do is to make a conscious effort to encourage women programmers. Making programming communities and related content accessible and friendly to all people is a great goal.

Found the incel.
Okay incel.

> Wanting women who are interested in it as a science over those who want to use it as an accessory makes me an incel
Shit tier logic

>using words like incel
You have to go back.

tell me this isn't real

Attached: roastie_toastie.png (939x564, 117K)

Does it scare you to talk about menstruation and tampons? Are you 5 years old?

Yes, it horrifies me.

You're misogynistic boys club of programming is on the way out, and is soon going to be dominated by women, the original and first programmers before they were pushed out by men.

You need to accept this fact and grow up.

Having more women in tech would create more opportunity for you to meet women, but you can continue to be a creepy virgin, it's no skin off my back.

"Genital Jousting" has nearly four thousand reviews on steam. I'm just going to leave it at that.

Attached: StoryMode.png (600x387, 304K)

I bet you those dumb bitches are the same ones who scoffed at the bad girls club.

>it's no skin off my back
I'm sure it's a enough of a pain when you have to shave it.

>Reddit spacing
Oh you're just Jow Forums false flagging. Still retarded, just in a stranger way.

>Let's make more more football stadiums!
>Noone wants to play football
>Wahhh it's all Baseball players' fault!

Hormone treatments
Import europe of east women instead of pajeets

What does this even mean?...

Welcome to code monkeys and get replace by pajeets

Can you all fuck off back to your containment site please?

This thread is for discussing programming, go shit up the rest of Jow Forums or Jow Forums with your political discussion.

Attached: fuck this shit.jpg (681x635, 116K)

Go back

Let me hold your hand for a moment sweetie:

user is saying that SJW's will once a again blame men when in reality a majority of women simply don't want to get into coding.

This is a very important topic. We need more women in tech to ensure gender equality.

You realize it's mostly Corey the CoCsucker ruining these threads right?

Gender equality is a false premise, genders have different innate interests and trying to force women to do something they aren't geared for makes you an ashsole

That's simply not true. Women want to get into coding, but are pushed out by the misogynistic bro culture that has infected computer science. If we were to replace that culture with something more inclusive, more women would be inclined to participate.

See

I too want a "comfort woman" to relieve stress while I'm coding.

kek

Attached: 1537773250466.gif (320x240, 2.61M)

C.S is popular for women in Ukrainian,Iran,Russia ...

Oh no, it is you who are the infection, to be sure. The only thing a woman should code is my USB Dongle into her rear port.

And this solved incel problem too!

You are just proving my point that computer science has an noninclusive culture towards women.

So is it hyper misandrist hoe culture pushing men out of nursing?

kek why in China so based?

Not much to get, other than implicit "*this" and templates(which is a whole other beast in and of itself)

And you've just proven how women don't contribute anything, go off on non-sequitur, hate men, and just talk shit.

Do let the door hit you on the way out faggot.

BTFO

Attached: fagget.jpg (225x225, 9K)

lol it was the japanese who raped the chinese and se asian women.

No there isn't. Low salary in nursing is one factor which discourages men from nursing.

But, if it has a lower salary, why are women more attracted to it? I thought men and women were identical in interests!

Modern C++ is basically a different language from the old C++ that you may have learned in school.

The `auto` operator, tons of standard library stuff like std::variant, really powerful `constexpr` support, etc.

Continue to project your insecurities. You are scared that women will finally get a foot hold in tech and kick you misogynistic creeps out on the curb.

>people creaming themselves over Rust
>literally C++ with training wheels

Attached: h01E8FBCF.png (500x378, 80K)

My trouble is just finding a project that would require C++ over C

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html

But women used to dominate programming, the first programmer was a female, before men decided there was money to be had and pushed all the women out.

im working on some GIS shit. is there a good database for storing raw image data (~1 gb per image) or should i just save them as a binary file and just index them in a json file?

If I were a jannie, not only would I permaban this consensus building cunt and any "how do we get women into coding" threads I see, I'd dox the everliving fuck out of anyone that posts likewise shit. Seriously you people deserve death.

Attached: 1546123362303.jpg (720x697, 65K)

Not him, but literally anything. Redo projects. I'm finding myself thinking why don't I just learn/use C++ as of late.

First secretaries mananger computer then computer programming industry grow magnitud orders per decade.

I'm not posting on Jow Forums whining about muh wymen coders, project harder.

My university is going to have a little friendly competition where the goal is to write a specified program with the smallest possible size measured in bytes.
Now I only know Java and C so it's gotta be C right? I'm still very much a beginner though (in Java I would say I'm intermediate).
Anyway any tips you might have I should look into? I got like 2 months to prepare.
I don't know anything specific about the problems we'll be solving. I think last year one of them was writing one that prints out the Christmas Carol song.

No, I am posting on Jow Forums to encourage ideas on how we can get more women into tech, that is before the incels decided to come out of the woodwork.

Coutnerpoint: I think you're either trolling or delusional.
>inb4 not an argument lul
I've presented my argument, your obstinate refusal to listen to it is your own problem

Watch this video called "Curiously Recurring C++ Bugs at Facebook": youtu.be/lkgszkPnV8g

Pretty much every one of those things is explicitly addressed by Rust. C++ is without a doubt a very powerful language with a massive ecosystem that can be used to do anything Rust can, but it's bogged down by an immense legacy dating back decades and needs to bend over backwards in order to ensure backwards compatibility.

Having a language that makes your life easier, saves you from potential bugs at compile time, allows you to do advanced macro-based metaprogramming with the clutter of templating, and the whole variety of other features it brings to the table isn't "training wheels," it's cruise control.

>Seriously you people deserve death.

What compels you to go on the internet and say things like that?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-30 at 21.51.41.png (936x252, 26K)

oh Sweetie, women can't code, they can barely stay sane most of their lives, but it's ok, I can see why you were so mistaken, as you must be a walking axe wound yourself. Don't forget to take your Midol ^-^

codegolf.stackexchange.com/

Did they specify if you can read a file? If so you could make a .bin file and read it as bytecode

I don't even know who that is and I don't really care, can you guys go argue someplace else please?

Cheeky.

C (linux) has too much overhead. Go for asm.

As you can see, ideas were already given, you're simply trolling at this point. Personally I like what is thinking, that's a great way to get women into the tech industry. I mean hell, it's how Hollywood does it, why should this be any different?

I don't know details but I keep that in my mind. I'm open for any dirty trick.

Jow Forums here, we leave when they leave. Simple as that I'm afraid.

>but it's bogged down by an immense legacy dating back decades and needs to bend over backwards in order to ensure backwards compatibility
Is this where people tell you that any and all non-trivial crates on crates.io depends on already existing C libraries, i.e. they are nothing more than glorified FFI wrappers, with all the same vulnerabilities and shortcomings?

> all non-trivial crates on crates.io depends on already existing C libraries

This is completely, entirely false. There are tons of extremely well-developed 100% Rust libraries out there that people have created for a vast variety of use cases.

docs.rs/rocket/0.4.0/rocket/
docs.rs/serde/1.0.83/serde/
docs.rs/rayon/1.0.3/rayon/
docs.rs/nphysics3d/0.9.4/nphysics3d/
docs.rs/itertools/0.8.0/itertools/

to name but a few out of the hundreds/thousands of high-quality 100% Rust crates people have created.

Being able to easily wrap C libraries is great because it allows existing high-quality libraries like Z3 and database connectors to be re-used, but it by no means makes up the majority. Maybe it was like that years ago, but Rust has come a looong way since then.

Isn't this thwarted by NX and DEP protection?

Honestly if you got worked up over a bait like that then you're a fucking idiot. Welcome to 4channel. Now fuck off back to your containment site.

Attached: 1444452040180.jpg (700x988, 85K)

I've seen anons declare arrays and then use them as functions

>where the goal is to write a specified program with the smallest possible size measured in bytes
Of source code or binary?
muppetlabs.com/~breadbox/software/tiny/teensy.html

Now give us an example of a crate that isn't an implementation of some highly abstracted structure/algorithms, i.e. something on the system level, seeing as Rust advertises itself as a system language.

>3 out of 5 aren't even 1.0

I think it's source code since I heard people talk about minimizing whitespace.

Use a APL inspired language then.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this (perhaps you could give some examples of C++ libraries that satisfy this description) but here's a few:

Rocket (rocket.rs/) is a fully-featured, highly-performant webserver with support for managed database state and variety of other features.

TectonicDB (github.com/rickyhan/tectonicdb) I actually contributed to this. It's a highly efficient database for L2 orderbook data used in trading.

RedoxOS (redox-os.org/) A fully-featured, functional OS written in Rust; enough said.

Sandspiel (sandspiel.club/) - a falling sand game written primarily in Rust (with JS bindings and WebGL shaders) compiled to WebAssembly and runnable in the browser

FirecrackerVM (github.com/firecracker-microvm/firecracker) - "Secure and fast microVMs for serverless computing." developed at Amazon for use in AWS.

There are tons of production applications and professional-level projects people are creating in Rust, and the list gets larger every day.

Hey guys. Did I do it right? What would you change?

mega.nz/#!MVBgSYZa!0bkfMuVE6-p6MFDmleOn3qW7f2EYM8Q4F61ORVuyqwY

Attached: file.png (2058x1297, 224K)

Stabilizing critical libraries to 1.0 is actually a big goal in the Rust community right now. One of the big goals for Rust in 2019 is stabilization: blog.ryanlevick.com/posts/rust-2019/

Also, the version numbers don't really mean a lot in many cases. Many libraries are still 0.* just because they're not guaranteed to be 100% backwards compatible or still missing some planned features.

I tagged the wrong post when I made this: Sorry; I'm not experienced with Jow Forums.

I looked at that guys twitter and almost had an aneurysm at how ignorant and uninformed he is. Is this common thing in the rust community?

Looks like a level 2, bordering on level 1 to me

Attached: 4chan_pyramid.jpg (640x486, 36K)

Traps and anime are programming related.

I wasn't refuting your point, I was merely pointing out an observation. I guess the rust community is ignorant and misinformed.

I'm counting from the bottom, friend.

you are an ass hat

>rust

Attached: 1444195277254.jpg (777x656, 79K)

I'm not even going to bother with someone as dumb as you. You should read a coloring book because that seems more up to speed with you.

Rust is for fags.