Why bother buying a computer monitor when you could buy a much larger HDTV screen for less money...

Why bother buying a computer monitor when you could buy a much larger HDTV screen for less money? I never understood this.

My cousin used an enormous 48" HDTV as his computer screen and it was amazing.

Attached: DT-UN32N5300AFXZA-heroimage-050118.jpg (800x600, 146K)

Its not the same

Pixel density

PPI and input delay are the main reasons. Monitors have better PPI than same size TVs. The input delay is also noticeably faster with computer monitors. This doesn't really matter for movies, and it only matters for games where milliseconds matter, but it's a difference that contributes to cost.

>People bragging about using TVs as monitors
>Dumbass people think its amazing
1920x1080 is 1920x1080 on any screen size
Also as stated

"I am a proud cuck" would have sufficed

Sitting 5 feet from a 48 inch tv is retarded homey

My average reaction time on a 25ms screen: 339 ms
My average reaction time on a 5ms screen: 249 ms

I don't know why the difference isn't linear I just know from experience that anyone who plays competitive games on a fucking TV where the rest of the players play on a monitor end up sucking dick big time.

>Monitors have better PPI than same size TVs
Wrong, a 4k tv and a 4k monitor will have the same pixel per inch.

Better refresh rate, better color reproduction, less input lag are the advantage of a monitor

Go find me a 32" 4k TV, retard.

You'rer actually dumb

is dumb*

So the answer is "because competitive games".
Consoles are hooked up on television, mind you, but you are gonna need that extra 100 millisecond edge to be the very best counterstrike player like no one ever was

Attached: 026285b.jpg (620x388, 89K)

100 ms (0.1 second) is a massive delay, enough to fuck up vision-input coordination in casual FPS playing. Monitor input delays are mostly in the 10 ms to 20 ms region while some gaymen monitors go all the way down to 4 ms.

Not everyone wants a TV, grandpa. It doesn't cost less money.

Competitive gaymen is literally a late-stage capitalist cancer and I'm far from being a commie.

>unironically saying late-stage capitalist
cringe

Friend just bought Samsung true-120Hz NU8000 at sale for gaming at 4K and told me he plays with frame interpolation enabled.

Told him he was an idiot who will suck badly at competitive games because of 200ms imput lag.

Turns out actual lag is 23ms. Visited, played PUBG, I am buying one of these low latency TVs because this shit looks out of this world. Damn near-120fps look @ 4K at no latency.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-31-08-31-27-173_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x504, 93K)

So I don't have tilt my head back to see the top of my screen. I used to play fps and 144fps is a must.

>competitive gaymes
What's with the increased /v/posting? Those are for faggots screaming at each other on team speak anyway.

>not having sub 180 ms
>2019

I own a 27" 4K monitor. Find me a comparable TV.

The real question is why aren't PCs simply integrated in TVs by default these days.

We can have this talk again when you are past 30.

They are but they're complete shit.
And you can add a beefy HTPC yourself, anyway. There isn't really much demand for having powerful PCs integrated in TVs. Normies don't need that and it would make TVs too expensive.

You'rer'd'ven't'f'i'dn't've'nt'f'i'd'ven't'f'ihavn'tn't'd'i've also dumb

LG Electronics 43UD79-B, 43"
good enough for everything.