/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread

Attached: yande.re 502100 animal_ears garter girls_frontline headphones leotard nekomimi sun_miru tail tmp_(gi (2000x2500, 3.5M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mX39noNkJeE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

love stax hate slavs all day everyday

Where's my Nikita boy at?

Attached: выхода нет.jpg (415x587, 120K)

Good amp

ship my fucking pads already stax

B&
Atom or 789

he had one chance at life and he chose to spend it being salty

Attached: i cant do another day.jpg (2475x1393, 932K)

too lewd my boi
good op tho

atom for dt1990?

what listen to you on your foneheads anonalona

Attached: GxAEEfw.png (1542x902, 277K)

Atom is good for everything

Niggerbass bad

Treble cannons good

Attached: 1536896906249.png (324x362, 96K)

>Niggerbass good

Attached: 1515765754810.gif (480x561, 227K)

>buying a dac instead of the es100

Attached: 002 smug.png (401x406, 141K)

>buying
>a
>dac

Attached: 1529049941480.jpg (648x429, 46K)

>buy expensive audio equipment
>listen to pic related

Attached: 1545763708288.png (1313x438, 48K)

>not listening to grindcore and power electronics on your $3000 audio setup
pussy

based whitehouse poster

>natural sound

Attached: 61JXef5iMkL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (332x499, 54K)

Hello Jow Forumsuys im replacing my shitty gayman headset for the bayer DT 770 80 ohm for a laptop what should i be expecting?

better sound

If you're sure it's what you need, I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

Crossdressing

Budget: $50
Source: PS4 controller
Type: Gaming
Comfort level: As much as this budget can deliver

My cat is so cute and sexy!

i use my stax to listen exclusively to Bird Seed.

bird seed is based but cruise is just... hnnngh >//

To be fair...a DAC can be good if you have a shitty soundcard in the PC (assuming the source is a PC...or more specifically a laptop where you can't just upgrade the soundcard instead). Also you don't have to spend more than $100-200 on one to get good quality...after that it's a sharp law of diminishing returns.

Attached: 616VIPEinvL__SX425_.jpg (425x401, 12K)

takstar pro 82

youtube.com/watch?v=mX39noNkJeE

I like warm bass and closed headp but im nervous about them being very quiet without the amp
Cool

>im nervous about them being very quiet
I can't comment on how loud the headphones will be but you can bet you aren't going to be quiet when im slamming that beyer boypussy

idk if you need an amp for the 250ohm. i always keep an amp around anyways.
idk get em, try it out, if you need an amp get an amp.

Post pics of your cat.

owo

Attached: index.jpg (284x177, 7K)

Attached: damncats.jpg (960x1280, 334K)

fucking cat goes quads mode

Attached: 1521061286809.jpg (1610x1613, 665K)

the best fucking post on hpg ever

If your amp doesn't literally destroy your headphone drivers when going past 10% on low gain then it's objectively shit.

Alright, I think I'm going HD800S, Topping D50, and THX AAA 789

Why do these sound like coupon codes?

all headphone model names do

stax will sound be higher fidelity for half the price

Today I'm gonna win the lottery and buy some stax

If you didn't have to spend money on their energisers in addition to the headphones, I'd actually buy Stax.

you'll buy an amp anyways

>sennheiser
56% neet weeb, latent homosexual tendences, fell for the BBC worship, listens exclusively to shrill idol garbage
>beyerdynamic
improverished slav who's also deaf from listening to hardbass for years, supports both hitler and putin on Jow Forums, has been playing heroes of might and magic for 20 years, listens exclusively to hardbass even though he can't hear anymore
>AKG
crossdressing sissy or transitioning mtf, never older than 25, consumate sodomite, listens exlusively to k-pop
>audio technica, philips, gaming headsets
underage dudebro gaymer, survives on soda and mommy's tendies, plays exclusively low IQ games such as lol and overwatch, listens to trance, nigger rap and linkin park
>stax
fallen from grace neet weeb who became a wagie, alcoholic and suicidal, doesn't even listen to anything and only takes his headphones out of the plastic bag to take pictures for /hpg/
>hifiman
low IQ gweilo who willingly gives money to slant eyed jews, fucked a shovelfaced chink just once, uneducated but pretentious, listens exclusively to classical and jazz to appear classy, doesn't even like those genres
>audeze, grado, fostex, shure
half dear boomer who only purchases overpriced stuff from "trusty old brands", hates comfort, listens exclusively to his single vinyl of some boomer rock
>beats, sony, bose
melanin enriched autist, meek and shy but secretly idolizes the alpha specimens of his race, loves whites but watches them being beaten on worldstarhiphop, loves anime (especially dragon ball), listens exclusively to avril lavigne and anime soundtracks
>superlux, takstar, other aliexpress trash
barely over the legal age and from a lower class family, tries his best but won't get anywhere and will always remain poor, listens to a variety of genres
>meze, kennerton, fischer audio, other obscure slav brands
female, quirky and into steampunk, cares about aesthetics, wears corset every day, virgin, listens exclusively to baroque music
>focal
free from mortal coil

Attached: 1436578875241.jpg (600x658, 100K)

Most amps are not proprietary bullshit that will work for one brand only.

there are multiple brands that you can use on stax amps. you are looking for the term niche not proprietary

plenty of people make stax energizers wtf u talkin about
one of the regulars that owns chiru no has a tube energizer.

Stax energizers work with all electrostats.

I changed my mind. I think I'll buy the DT 1990 Pro

1990s are good

you should probably demo some headphones if you are flip flopping between $500 headphones and $1500 headphones

Welcome to the cute club.

No headphone stores here in Chinkland.

I can't find any bad reviews for them. Is the THX AAA 789 overkill for them?

yay i fixed my phone and my keyboard today ^.^
life is good for the proletariat.
also these koss earphones are amazing. u guys should get some. been wearing them all day and they sound great.

Good choice. I've been listening to a lot more music since I got mine so they're working.

>I can't find any bad reviews for them. Is the THX AAA 789 overkill for them?
overkill for everything, just get a jds atom

They'll get enough power out of almost anything sweetie.

not available here

thanks hunny

>$1500

$1000 here.

HD800 are really not that good, the sound signature is just strange and they often sound too artificial. The build quality is mediocre as well.

Yeah, the reviews are too mixed for me. The DT 1990 Pro is almost universally praised with many saying it's their favorite headphone over any of the headphones that cost thousands of dollars.

1990 might be the safest mid-fi pick right now and they compete with some more expensive models. Hi-fi territory is pretty chaotic and there isn't really anything that's just good all around. You gotta audition it.

>Hi-fi territory is pretty chaotic and there isn't really anything that's just good all around.
false, stax

Attached: brainlet.jpg (588x823, 39K)

Americans are pretty funny.

Attached: onestar.png (1205x290, 45K)

shit bass

based

how so? stax are flat like audezes. bass levels are also preference and if you want more it's the easiest thing to EQ

woke af

Attached: 1517433092306.jpg (992x1088, 394K)

Too airy

what does that even mean

I can afford something more expensive but if I can only go by reviews right now I think the DT 1990 Pro is a perfect upgrade to my Fidelio X2.

Yeah they're better than X2, both in sound and build quality.

Bueno

What would the logical upgrade be with that sort of sound signature after the DT 1990 Pro?

klipsche hp-3

Their signature is nothing alike.

>klipsch headphones
??????

Maybe ATH-ADX5000? Their treble is more tamed though.

x2 and hp-3 are both v-shaped fun cans

I'm thinking Fostex TH-X00 now.

lmao what card is that and why does it have a karambit on it

killer xeno pro, it's a network card

based and redpilled

>Budget
Flexible, preferably around 50 bucks but eh
>Location
Ireland
>Source
Razer Phone
>Type of headphone
Nouse cancelling, wireless preferred but not needed. A wireless than can be plugged in optionally would be cool.
>Open or closed
Noise cancelling are all closed, right?
>Comfort level
High. Sick of uncomfy headphones hurting me, especially since it can be hard to tell if the pain is from the headphones or whether your sound is too loud.
>Sound signature
Don't really know. I mostly listen to hip hop and rock but would also be using it for anime
>Past headphones
Xbox Stereo Headset (Ears were comf but the headband squished on my head and got sore)
Sennheiser HD 202 (no real complaints but it's git a mega long cable so using it out and about would be impractical. Currently plugged into my PC for the foreseeable future.)

What would you recommend for a neet weeb aryan MtF

Once you become a tranny you cease to be an Aryan, faggot.

You're just mad that I have blonde hair and blue eyes and you don't

Attached: IMG_20181106_1933552.jpg (2430x2296, 740K)

You need beyer in your life. Then post pics with them and let us create a Fabulous world of audio.

Attached: beyer4.jpg (612x816, 107K)

I love fapping to traps, but you are all ruining your lives you fucking retards.

Hey guys I'm going to get some AKG K702's , I currently use a blue yeti and it has a port for headphones so you can get someone of your own voice.

If I plug the K702s into the yeti, will that have enough power through ish to run them adequately? I know a DAC should be used to push them for maximum use, but if I got a DAC could I run cables like so? AKG>DAC>Yeti>Motherboard by usb

Cheers for any help

Sidetone* of your own voice

>people ACTUALLY spend hundreds upon hundreds on a DAC (snake oil)

>Those man hands

What's good about them
I meme about it and stuff but I'm actually doing this for the right reason, gender dysphoria all my life, constantly wishing I'd wake up as a girl, being disgusted at pubertal changes, etc.
Bro check out mine

Attached: IMG_20181231_122332~2.jpg (3024x3864, 1.54M)

The absolute state of /hpg/

You truly get what you paid for in terms of build quality and bass is the best out of any open dynamic I've tried, something that is usually a weakness in that class of open headphones.

Do you want them to grip your throbbing member hard?

q3020, mission lx2, tannoy mercury 7.2 and diamond 220 which speakers should I get