Winblows 10 or Windows 7?

Winblows 10 or Windows 7?

Attached: boy.jpg (500x500, 52K)

7 everyday
Gnu/Linux even better

No argument there, I already have an Arch build. Just trying to decide if I want 7 or 10 (or 8.1).

Or maybe even windows server

I have a windows 7 partition for muh games. Just makes the most sense to me. Windows 10 is far too bloated.

Attached: image.jpg (990x1200, 478K)

Microsoft ended mainstream support for Windows 7 on January 13, 2015, but extended support won't end until January 14, 2020.

You`ll only get another year out of Win7
Might as well get used to 10 or 8.1
Throw linux in the bin

7 everyday
>doesn't reinstall "apps" right after you uninstall it
>no bloated as fuck shit tier GUI
>considerably less privacy invasive
>faster
>less updates that break things and delete user files

2 years is a lot of time

Win 10 is smooth and fast.
Best Win OS ever, 7 is starting to feel clunky and old.

1 year and 14 days you cuck.

Still?
Shouldn't that be an argument to enjoy it while it lasts?

Modern version or outdated version that will stop receiving security updates in just a year?

HMMMMM

Attached: thinking-face.png (256x256, 53K)

You when the time comes he can update, right?7
Also OP, if you are going to use win10 use enterprise, not pro crap

I personally like 8.1 the best. It's like the best of Windows 10 and 7 (I always use the tiles start menu)

>You when the time comes he can update, right?7
What's the point then? Even if you for some strange reason find Win 7 better, is having to reinstall everything so soon, and buying a second license (unless you're a thieving jackass), really worth it?

There is only one good Windows OS.

INSTALL. You know you want to.

Attached: windows_xp_tan_by_lorddiablo006 (1).jpg (640x480, 201K)

Windows 10 sucks dick. Smooth and fast my left asscheek you lying fuckwit.

I had to turn on my old laptop with it installed. Haven't used it for a five years or so. And its so shitty compared to win10/win7 or even a fucking GNOME.

You really need to understand that there are tons of people who have jobs, and don't need to get their computers (or even eat) out of dumpsters, and don't have to shitpost on Jow Forums through other people's wifi.

And you need to understand people with jobs need to get shit done for a living. And they don't fucking need random crashes due to updates bitch. Updates they can't even properly schedule without windows fucking it anyway.

Sorry pal but 10 is a bloated mess and it's damned well not suitable for any actual work. You'd know that if you were employed.

>boy.jpg

Absolute state of lincucks

>spew a whole bunch of pure wrong epically outing yourself as a 14 yo neet

Attached: 1543781687158.jpg (389x597, 37K)

>starting to feel clunky and old
This opinion means your perception of 10 being fast and smooth is almost certainly a placebo.
Opinion: Windows 10 looks and feels like shit. No setting is where I'd expect it to be. Its visual design is bland and unappealing, and the difference between "apps" and regular programs is just as bad as it was in 8, except for the "apps" being contained in windows instead of taking a full screen.
Fact: I never had a computer behave slower than my laptop running Windows 10, and that's counting my older laptop running either Vista or 7.

For all my uni stuff I just use arch or my mac. I don't trust windows at all. Only thing it's good for is games.

He may have a shit IT department full of pajeets thinking win10 home was a good idea.

Win 8.1 end of Extended Support on January 10, 2023.

At least you got 4 years, 10 days on that one.
I upgraded to 10 ages ago, it's a fine OS.
7 is starting to feel like XP now, time to move on.

XP was great for it`s time but is even worse than 7 in terms of clunkiness and look.

Fine then bitch. Here's the real state of the employees world.
Google uses Mac and Linux. Apple same shit. Amazon uses almost all custom Linux shit outside of a few office drones using mac (id fucking know since I worked there you twat). Your servers are almost all on Linux and so are many of your research PC's.
Current job? A major Auto manufacturer...they sure as fuck don't use Windows (robots and automated conveyance units sure as fuck don't use Windows...and the office bitches use macs or locked down custom Linux).

Fuck even retailers don't use that shit anymore, half those bastards literally use iPads with card reader attachments. So what sorry ass, under 40k a year bitch job do you have that actually uses win 10?
Education tends to favor Macs and Chromebooks so you sure as fucking don't work in that field either.
Sorry but that's not the way the world works you unemployed faggot. The only fucking place windows get used is consumer PC's.

Mah nigger. I fell for the meme.
>be me
>have shitty old laptop (core2duo)
>win10 barely runs
>stick with 7
>boo and hiss WINBLOWS 10 SLOW BLOATED SHIT like all the other Jow Forumsents
>fast forward a couple of years
>get new skylake laptop
>smooth and fast
>think "oh boy if it's like this on 10, imagine how awesome 7 is gonna be!"
>go through the bullshit of forcing 7 onto it
>successfully chase down all the drivers
>wufuc, the whole box and dice
>get it up and running
>wtf
>no expected improvement
>actually feels slower (may have just been the disappointment)
>get sick of it after a few days
>hit the recovery partition in defeat

Then enjoy your year of 7, I won`t stop you.
In fact I have one computer here with 7.
Other computer is 10, same with two laptops.

Can you show me a Linux development IDEs for KUKA, ABB or FANUC robots programming please. Then you can start showing me IDEs for programming Allen-Bradley or Siemens controllers for Linux.

Maybe you should update your computer, Mr linux time wasting shill.

Luna theme is far superior to that resource wasting bullshit in windows Vista/7. And 10 flat out blows.
XP for life.

Attached: windows-xp-desktop-luna-theme.png (1024x767, 665K)

>Luna theme
Have SOME self-respect and use Royale Noir.

If you use desktop to just look then maybe you are right. But if you do anything its just shit. Not comfortable at all without search in start menu

I bet your the type of guy that complains about everything in life.
So much negativity.

nigger

He's obviously an basement-dwelling NEET, he hasn't got a lot to be positive about.

Then get a better computer, get with the times.
If it's so bad why is it on nearly every desktop I see?

Windows 10 is eternally the best, 7 is on its death bed.

Attached: 1525991657392.jpg (650x975, 151K)

>Only reason to use Windows is to run shitty Windows exclusive software
>Asks if the version that is less supported is the better one

>Windows 10 is eternally the best,
Funny way of spelling 2000. Peak Windows. *sip*
>7 is on its death bed.
Hard to argue with.

Nobody uses that shit

Attached: 1546224404069.jpg (1920x1080, 182K)

>resource wasting
So you are the type of guy that buys some modern sports car and never switches it into sports mode or turns on the aircon (mur resources).
It's nearly 2019 not 2000.

lol

Hey, must admit 2000 was a damn fine OS in it`s day. Forgot about that one.

user. You have to let it go.

Nah, he's the guy who takes his clunker out on the autobahn and hisses at people who can do 200km/h, while his steering wheel starts to vibrate uncontrollably at 90. It's called "sour grapes", and it's behind all sorts of poor/dumb/useless/disabled people's rationalisations.

Attached: 1545226588315.png (466x242, 97K)

I`d upgrade that to 4 gig of ram maybe 8 even, otherwise not bad.

Probably owns a 2 cylinder Trabant.
I don't get this resources bullshit, what's the point of manufacturing more cores, more ram, faster graphics or any other new innovations. It's there to be used.

You guyz are skill'd.

Attached: 1542170696424.jpg (600x417, 23K)

>Just makes the most sense to me.
>most sense
Worse performance, no DX12 support.

It's simple, fast, does all you need to do, and is very safe to use.

Windows 10 any day. Uses less RAM than 7, also much smoother, faster startup faster shutdown, auto-finds drivers as well.

Attached: memoryuse.png (1680x1010, 54K)

Holy crap, those were the days.
To think my father bought a commodore 64 for six hundred bucks in the eighties.

Yes

>six hundred bucks
He must've been saving up for months for that, holy moly

gentoo

Much of it is from all the optimisations MS did for 8.x, so they could get it running on tablets - but it still scales up well. Plus the lulz of idiots yelling "10 BLOATED" when it's using 12 of their 16GB for disk cache. Seriously, what else is it supposed to use it for?

Attached: 1533068656249.gif (353x448, 1.47M)

Let's get serious now fella.
Tandy Radio Shack TRS-80 model I computer.

595 dollars to be exact.
He made good money in those days.

Bruh that's some deep tier business you're getting into, absolutely based

i'm guessing it's a vm user

Win10.
I don't know why people assume Win7 is less spyware than 10.

That's still quite a bit to fork out, but I suppose the cost of living was lower and the economy was better back then too, so it was probably akin to buying a huge fancy TV or something these days

Did somebody say TRaSh-80?
etc.

It's well-known Win10 spies less than most people think. What's obscure is that Win7 spies more than most people think.

Attached: 1439710047999.jpg (474x352, 29K)

I`d have to dig it out of the old man's garage.
Probably give me radiation burns turning it on.

It still makes me wonder how the hell did that hoax spread like wildfire. It was also mind-boggling that even people working in tech believed it and spread it, even though there was literally zero evidence other than a few claims on conspiracy websites. It was kind of Vista 2. Everybody and their mother claimed that it didn't work at all, all while there were using XP that was 5-times worse on release.

Attached: 1546221020226.jpg (1920x1080, 161K)

>implying most games use dx12
Shame on you son

>What is forced gpedit rules
Shame on you

All his tech friends came over to look at this wonderous marvel. My father even bought the 128 version when that came out. Looks like upgrading was a thing even back then.

Windows 10 WITH gpedit doesn't have those problems

Since they finally figured out that Google and Facebook have been selling their asses to marketers for years, privacy is now a hot-button issue, even for stupid normies.

8.1, unironically.

Attached: 1546221554436.jpg (1920x1080, 186K)

>WITH gpedit
Don't even need that. The vast majority of gpedit changes are registry entries - that (again, the vast majority) are effective on home versions.

me

I do like me some 16gb

>tf upgraded three versions of wangblows 10 from 1709 to 1803 to 1809 and still no forced changes and no preinstalled apps
user I..........

Didn't get a graphic card for Christmas?

TIL I'm the trailblazer apparently.

Attached: Untitled.png (966x637, 28K)

i have some registry changes reverted back to default every time i install any windows update

>using settings menu instead of control panel
how to spot retards

No user, you don't.

>using control panel instead of systeminfo.exe

Attached: 1544491413839.jpg (780x433, 223K)

remove folders from 'this pc' using registry edit and do an update, they'll be back after a restart.

I think Microsoft has better things to do than spy on masturbaters in their darkened basements.

So, how many cores do you have?

>not using wmic

Attached: 008_1485199213142.png (224x309, 115K)

I suggest windows 10 because it has a Linux emulator

I think W7 is coming to EOL, maybe I’m thinking of vista, probably vista, but I really suggest downloading a clean copy of Microsoft Windows 10, and just continue without a key. It won’t lock you out but there’ll be a message superimposed on your screen at all times, including videos and games.

Really suggest you buy your software, since I stopped being a warez hound my computing experience has seriously improved

Those bastards, they removed the old control panel from the right click menu in the latest feature updates. Microsoft keeps changing it`s location. But I forgive you Microsoft, you are so comfy and lovable.

>not calculating the sha256 hash value of ntosknmp.exe it with a hex editor, pen and paper, and comparing it against pre-memorised hashes of every version of that file in existence, and then

Attached: 1527700571910.jpg (500x500, 38K)

>tf you disabled onedrive in gpedit
>tf you disabled start menu ads in gpedit
>one drive never came back after even after version upgrade
>not 1 ad change at start menu
>not even any change by Windows update
user ..........

>namefag
>reddit spacing
>suggests buying software
you need to step up your game, pajeet. this is the most obvious paid post i've ever seen on Jow Forums.

You should just keep a flash drive with par2 checksums in a remote location so if it repairs you can analyze it through gdb if you can get it to support hex, I know that sounds too stupid for Jow Forums, but I still have a lot of reading to do on hex, debugging and cracking

>and then
What?

Oh look, another newfag that doesn't actually know what Reddit spacing is, therefore making his post utterly irrelevant.

Attached: 18115922.jpg (400x400, 10K)