AdGuard DNS: A Privacy-Oriented DNS Server

Yes Cloudflare and Google is a bit faster but they don't care for your privacy nor they block ads and tracking like AdGuard DNS ;)

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18788410
adguard.com/en/blog/adguard-dns-announcement/

Attached: adguard-dns.png (780x408, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/AdguardTeam
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm already using it on my router so that it blocks ads for my tv too.

I already use a Pi-Hole, nice to see this being implemented at a DNS server level though.

Thanks for the heads up OP
Yeah speed wise is not in the Cloudflare/Google level but the privacy ads and tracking blocking are more intresting features to me than merely speeds.

That's what a dedicated firewall is for you fucking mook.

I hope all of you realize that the Internet will be dead without ads

Or we'll actually pay for things with money like, you know, most of human history

>(((Russians)))
>caring about your privacy

God I hope so

Lol, thanks for the info captain corporate. Except you're wrong, it would once again be a place of hobbyists and true free speech, like it was before you cancerous normies joined.

>>fell for the paying for things meme

Fuck off. The Internet doesn't care about capitalism. It was funded by the state, developed by the state, and is implemented in such a way that no state actually has control over it.

amerimutts...

>sponsored post

Good. Fuck. Good!
I really hope it will be like said

Don't be silly, saw it on Hacker News and thought to share it here. not everything is shilling, sponsored, astroturfing or whatever

>Fag buys internet services
Obviously FOSS everything would be great, but anyone who thinks that's realistic is just as retarded as botnet bootlickers

So we'll return a pre 2007 internet? Sign me up!

I'd rather use pinhole with 1.1.1.1 upstream and get lower latency and fine tuning of blocklists and whitelists.

>I hope all of you realize that the Internet will be dead without ads
Good. Nothing good came of web 2.0.

Attached: 71.png (740x1927, 127K)

I'm seriously considering using an ad blocking DNS, what sites break if I use this?

github.com/AdguardTeam
Feel free to confirm any of that.

adguard dns doesn't break anything. maybe some websites with anti adblock scripts but they have like 1000 hits per day.

Speed the day. My dream for the web is to see Google, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Discord, and all the rest of that garbage become literally finished and bankrupt.

Capitalism would work a very great deal better than it does if we rounded up all the advertising, marketing, and PR people, put them on a rocket, and shot them into the sun. (The same is true of democracy)

Adguard is the most trustworthy adblocker.

However, it does break a few sites, often local ones. I don't know if I'd use it at a DNS level.

Or literally a used Raspberry Pi 2 and a solid PiHole configuration will do the same thing. And it'll be a local DNS server that YOU are in complete control of

>ping 176.103.130.130

>100ms ping

Nope

I use Adguard on Safari (OSX and iOS), is there any advantage to DNS-level blocking?

>literally giving your DNS query history to Pootin
inetnum: 176.103.128.0 - 176.103.159.255 netname: RU-MNETWORKS-20111214 country: RU org: ORG-MNL15-RIPE admin-c: AND2713-RIPE tech-c: AND2713-RIPE status: ASSIGNED PI mnt-by: RIPE-NCC-END-MNT mnt-by: MNGTNET-MNT mnt-routes: MNGTNET-MNT mnt-domains: MNGTNET-MNT created: 2015-06-09T14:55:12Z last-modified: 2016-04-14T10:44:59Z source: RIPE

Nope. Only good on systems that don't have adblock or if network wide adblocking is your thing

Oh shit plz no hack cyka blyat

PiHole it's slow as shit
A good cheap router with openwrt will be much better

openwrt router may not have enough space for ssl library and can only block few thousand domains before suffering performance hit, also some of pihole was rewritten in C so it isn't slow as before

Why do you fags shill adguard? Do you know that it blocks *moe and other little temp file sharing websites?

I gave it a shot after seeing this thread due to interest, it might be a bit slow but we'll see. I just tried a few .moe hosts, they all worked. Can you gimme an example?
>other little temp file sharing websites
Mind sharing these, too?