NeoVim, is it just bloat or are there actual reasons to use it?

NeoVim, is it just bloat or are there actual reasons to use it?

Attached: [email protected] (360x104, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/martanne/vis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>nu-vim

yes

neovim removed bloat from vim and added useful features vim Bram then reimplemented in non-compatible way

neovim is based and redpilled and Bram is crybaby

Based

What exactly can you do on nvim that you can't on vim?

neovim is bloated old vim with some hipster window dressing

literally no reason to use it

vis is the future of vim

wtf is vis, literally cant find it

github.com/martanne/vis

No.
The only reason was async plugin loading. Vim has this since version 8, too. So there is literally no reason to use it anymore. It's the same thing, just different color

Attached: moot.jpg (1920x1080, 174K)

nvim is faster fuck you plebs

How many decimal numbers do I need to test this?

it feels faster senpai, it's objectively less bloated. Even Bram himself says Neovim is true vim and only people still on terminals from the 80s should use vim.

5jI//
>big lag in vim
>instant in neovim
I use this method to comment out multiple lines

Besides the point, but wouldn't the commentary plugin make your life nicer?

Less bloated than vim.
Bill Joy's vi > neovim > vim

I already feel comfortable and sufficient doing it this way, you can combine it with any of the motions as normal for example to comment out a paragraph
vip#
also could insert whatever I like in the beginning of a line

neovim is the reason there is async loading in vim.
im staying with neovim.

Which shows again that competition and a lot of redundant software is a good thing.

I'm considering proposing a Code of Conduct for Neovim. Neovim devs seem cucked enough to accept it and it would destroy enough good will to effectively sink the project. Then we can concentrate our efforts on actual Vim instead of dividing them with this Lua based monstrosity.

lmao that list of non goals

Vim has a weird bug on one of my machines where it doesn't render all of the file, so I use neovim on that one.

i don't use it because i try to make my setup as portable as possible

I've opened quite a few bugs and PRs on both neovim and vim's github repos. The bugs and PRs on vim's repos are still open while neovim's aren't so I use Neovim.

Runs quicker than vim on my machine (with my configs) also has true async plugins so I'd say its worth

>Bram himself says Neovim is true vim
source?

Attached: devilish pepe, naughty, evil.jpg (470x595, 81K)

based

Seems less efficient to me, but as long as you're satisfied.

use vim-commentary. this is just painful

>vis is the future of vim
>use lua
yeah right

Attached: 1478455820419.jpg (299x293, 9K)

Lua scripting? Other than that I'm not sure.

The problem with neovim is it tries to fix something that is not broken... you can use whatever float your boat but I remember how at the start of the neovim project its devs were spamming day and night "MADE WITH RUST AND PYTHON 30% LESS CODE MADE WITH RUST AND PYTHON" and now they seem to have wiped out the rust and python part for some reason... Everytime I check this text editor it always sounds like hipster shit to me.

Attached: file.jpg (600x1364, 280K)