Will pic related make comeback in 2019 now that Google will shut down Hangouts because it is being used by people of...

Will pic related make comeback in 2019 now that Google will shut down Hangouts because it is being used by people of right?

Attached: skype.png (128x128, 23K)

Just use IRC instead

wtf is that why they're shutting it down? i thought it was just routine google killing one of their many projects they don't care about.

Discord slayed Skype the same way Skype slayed MSN

>because it is being used by people of right?
That's the most stupid reason I've ever heard. Sadly, it's very common these days.

Its never gone anywhere, in a form of "skype for business"

Discord has nowhere near as good multi-user calls or even video chat.

Discord slayed Skype for casual users and groups of friends. You really think people in professional environments will use the 'le epic for gamers by gamers' software?

I sure do love IRC video conferences.

You really think people in professional environments use fucking SKYPE lmao

kek, if you are greasy gamer, no one professional uses Discord

It didn't help that skype decided to shit the bed and pretend it's a phone app.

yes, Skype for business is a thing. Get a job.

Skype for Business is just rebranded Lync, it's not the same as "consumer" Skype, they only share the name.

S L A C K
L
A
C
K

Also Skype for Business is being replaced with Microsoft Teams which is like Slack or Discord.

not really that popular outside of software development/tech.

In order to get a job I had to make a Skype account for the interview
I dont know what NEET planet you live in, but nearly all companies still use Skype, for worse
I'd love to communicate over a private IRC network, but there's literally no execs that have ever seen IRC in their entire lives

friendly reminder that matrix/riot exists

Skype for business is unironically great, integrates nicely with MS outlook.

>buys a Thinkpad
>claims to be professional as a way to cope with buyers remorse

I sold mine and only lost $50 out of the ordeal it isn't too late for you either

Last job I had made me traumatized. I can't hear the skype call tune without freaking out a little.
I should probably sue my boss but whatever

Attached: 1546104276096.gif (348x248, 878K)

Is voice being shutdown as well? calls work through hangouts..
I don't have cell service, oh well.

matrix is 30 times better than all other chats.

IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE AND THE OPEN SOURCE ALTERNATIVE HAS MORE FEATURES AND WORKS BETTER
what about it? mattermost is much nicer

But I use riot :^)

>like Slack or Discord.
you mean like riot? since those 2 copied it?

Skype for Business is being killed by Microsoft in favour of Ms Teams though, besides, more companies just use Slack instead

>Jow Forums
>noone mentions tox

Attached: ToxLogo.png (105x128, 2K)

>Discord
Fuck off /v/

This. It's somewhat got sharp edges (like you can't use Antox and uTox/qTox at the same time), but it's the only messenger I know I can really trust.

That's a different thing, desu. Having a professional-grade laptop allows you to make intense usage of it, like carry it on a bag while on a crowded subway without the fear you'll open your backpack and find it absolutely ruined to pieces. All that, and still doesn't cost or weigh as much as a Toughbook.

OTOH Discord is entirely made focused on gamers. Most wagecuckies frown upon the word "gamer", so there's no chance Discord will ever get a grip with this particular group.

>using a platform full of trannies and /v/edditors that whores out your data when there are perfectly suitable replacements that don't have these issues

Attached: 1519330507257.png (629x504, 36K)

Telegram master race walking through

Attached: IMG_20180225_173812_733.jpg (1280x520, 157K)

I use this for business communications.

Attached: unnamed.png (512x250, 22K)

>discord
rofl I can smell the underage. embarssing

What about Jitsi?

imo discord is good if it wasnt for the fact that the shit is basically spyware

Kek, I use telegram but is it actually that based?

Attached: Screenshot_20181221-232418_Firefox.jpg (1080x1920, 688K)

Anyone?

(((Professionals))) all use whatever corporate shit gets shoved down their throats by their employer. Jabber/Lync/Skype for business bullshit.

Either that or you're a freelancer and then you use whatever your client uses but in most cases your clients are fucking stupid and asking them to use what you use is impossible.

Happy new year, Japanese friend.