>Macs are expensive

If Macs are so expensive it should be easy for you to build a machine with similar specs to this at a lower price.
Go ahead Jow Forums, prove Macs are expensive.

Attached: 1519016325900.png (616x1520, 333K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J-wHQEiDKr4
notebookcheck.net/Apple-iMac-Retina-5K-27-inch-M390-Late-2015-Retina-Review.155325.0.html
amazon.com/CG277-BK-ColorEdge-Professional-Graphics-Monitor/dp/B00IT5XKX2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546273826&sr=8-2&keywords=eizo
pcpartpicker.com/list/dsXtdX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=J-wHQEiDKr4
iToddlers BTFO

>1TB Fusion drive
Why did they renamed WD Greens like that?

Same reason they call LCDs "Liquid Retina"
Normies like trendy names.

Doesn't have the ability to output through thunderbolt, so it can't use a 5k screen. Very competitive price for the hardware and form factor though.

Maybe because the fusion drive has 256GB or 128GB of SSD storage in it instead of a 64MB cache?

> i5
> $1,799
oh my fucking sides. truly embarrassing.

Build a better computer for less.

Yeah, because you totally can't find a 4K monitor with good specs and a subpar microATX PC with that budget.

>yeah bro just downgrade the main selling point of the computer you don't need that extra resolution bro
LMAO Jow Forums is this retarded. Imagine if someone tried arguing you didn't need a good GPU, "just turn the graphics down bro"

Impossiburu

Tried to keep the main parts from similar companies with Intel/Samsung/AMD/LG. Wasn't hard to beat at all. I also considered dual or triple monitors but nobody really gives a shit about having that many pixels. Left a little bit over so you could get Windows from ebay or urcdkeys.

Attached: Untitled.png (1136x1361, 85K)

>4k monitor
The only reason people buy 5k iMacs are because of the screen.

Attached: 1532151354155.png (603x622, 195K)

The screen is DOGSHIT, look at the response times. Rather have a 4K good screen than a shitty 5K screen any day of the week.

You can't build a comparable computer with a comparable screen. The screens themselves are nearly $1500.

Attached: Screenshot(42).png (1123x650, 62K)

New user that's still a 4k monitor. I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

>30 ms
jesus christ, people are unironically paying money for THAT?

notebookcheck.net/Apple-iMac-Retina-5K-27-inch-M390-Late-2015-Retina-Review.155325.0.html

The iMac display is 5K with a P3 color gamut.
Those ASUS displays don't even come close.

>muh colors
>muh resolution
How to spot an iToddler. They can't think about anything other than how "pretty" their computer looks

is this a joke?
>quad core
>shit memory
>fusion drive
>shit gpu
>$1800

If you want 5k you don't have much of a choice.
I guess you could go 8k, but I don't think that has much better response times.

You literally cannot build a comparable computer with a comparable display for less.

It's not a GAYMAN computer. It's for doing actual work.
Color accuracy > response time.

imagine paying 1.5k for a fucking display.

>Color accuracy > response time.
Too bad it has shit accuracy thanks to image retention

Enjoy your overpriced picture frame. I wouldn't even watch a 24 fps movie on this garbage.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-31-11-27-47(1).jpg (662x189, 38K)

$1.5k isn't that much for a high end display. Professional monitors that have less resolution go for far more. Just look at EIZO or NEC display prices.
amazon.com/CG277-BK-ColorEdge-Professional-Graphics-Monitor/dp/B00IT5XKX2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1546273826&sr=8-2&keywords=eizo
The 5k iMac is like an entry level form of these, just with a higher resolution.

seething

>MUH MOVIES MUH VIDEOGAYMES
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

Attached: 1526026012942.gif (270x200, 277K)

there is literally no reason to get Mac for desktop

Wait, aren't iMacs the computers that don't have HDR support? Why would people buy them for their screens?

Attached: 1510873898356.jpg (320x454, 74K)

How are you going to get any work done if your screen is a constant smearing of pixels? Isn't having a crystal clear display to do video editing or 3d modeling like really fucking important?

It's not even a 10-bit panel, is it?

I have a macbook pro and a gaymen pc and i kind of wish i owned an imac too. If you add up the sum of its parts the base imac isnt a bad deal.

>complains about 30ms response time
>winux don't even have solid 30fps UI animation framerate, let alone 60fps like OS X.
heh kid

Given i put together a machine with comparable specs for $800, that leaves $1000 for the display. Seems feasible to me.
Fuck off, shill.

5k iMac is the exception. Otherwise yes you're right it's better to just build a Hackintosh.

HDR support on computers is garbage regardless of what OS you use. Even if you manage to get the screen and computer to use HDR, software like MPC has to be nigger-rigged to output HDR.

You aren't going to video edit on an iMac 5k lmao look at the hardware running it. Image editing is fantastic on it however, as is everything else you'd do on a computer such as shitposting on Jow Forums.
It's 8-bit with 10-bit FRC.

Not a problem on windows 10. Also isn't OS X targeted specifically toward homosexuals?

The cheapest you'll find a 5k screen is probably $1300. You also need to factor in you'll be forced to buy a motherboard and GPU that can output using thunderbolt 3, which is the only way 5k monitors currently interface.

>3.4GHz 4/8 i7
>$1700
>8GB RAM
Literally $600 Ryzen 5 garbage poverty box will blow that shit the fuck out.

>It's 8-bit with 10-bit FRC.

Attached: 1465101708732.jpg (800x800, 319K)

Good luck getting a truly 10-bit panel for under $2000.

pcpartpicker.com/list/dsXtdX
>doubled cores and threads
>doubled memory
>double vram
>ssd instead of hybrid
>better display
>still fucking cheaper
apple is a complete joke.

GET BTFO ITODDLER

Attached: medium01_.jpg (1100x730, 71K)

Damn what shitty specs

Oh wait it's not even an i7, it's a 4/4 i5. Omega lol.

>better display
>sRGB and lower resolution
LMAO is a GTX 1050 also better than a GTX 1080?

Attached: 1539294280550.png (391x378, 175K)

>2400mhz ram
>570

Why would I even TRY to build such a shit rig?

You can't build a comparable computer with a comparable screen for less. Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1524784410500.jpg (740x975, 550K)

apple's displays are garbage. your average 4k ips display is better than any of their displays. either way that build absolutely BTFOs the imac and you still have $500 left for any display you want.

>8 gigs i5 3.8 4 cores no ht shiity gpu shitty HDD
>Doing any real work
Pick one. Being a code artisan or writing code of conduct isn't work

Why the fuck would you want a desktop computer with laptop parts shoved into the monitor, with no cooling and no upgradability. Normalfags are truly fucking retarded.

>Nearly 2,000 dollars for an i5
>8 GB memory

Attached: bored yikes.png (444x434, 171K)

Apple's displays are the one part of them that is not garbage. Please post an informed opinion next time.

There are worse like the gaymac with blazing Xeon 18 cores behind a screen that throttles on idle

see

This

>apple's displays are garbage.
Apple doesn't make their own displays.

>your average 4k ips display is better than any of their displays
lmao meanwhile you link a literal sRGB display in a time where media is going rec2020 and P3.
4k is not comparable to 5k. Imagine if you tried arguing 1080p was superior to 1440p LOL

>30ms response time
>not even 10-bit display
>not garbage
k

It's not expensive, it just have the money spent on the wrong parts and you can't fix it.
It's like buying a 286 computer and sticking a small gold brick inside.
The computer will worth $1800 and won't be overpriced by what it have in, but it will be a 286.

>30ms+ response time
>not garbage
kys

I recently scored a free old iMac from like 10 years ago. Not the best specs but good to play around with as a second machine with linux and stuff. Just wait til an apple user tosses their pretty damn good machine because they are wasteful as hell.

>Apple doesn't make their own displays.
the displays apple uses, retard. you aren't witty.
>4k is not comparable to 5k.
you're right, 4k is far superior, the two shouldn't be compared.

Because you essentially get a free computer attached to your 5k screen. If you wanted to hook other things up to your screen that may be an issue, but I have a TV for that.

>Everyone cares about motion quality
>Desktop computers aren't displaying static content 99% of the time
>It's important that I have CRT motion quality on my Linus Tech Tips youtube videos

Attached: 1545035496330.gif (633x758, 13K)

Is Apple's 30ms response time actually bad or are they just reporting a realistic number?

It's well known that response times quoted by manufacturers are complete bullshit and mean nothing in real world performance.

You've been proven wrong multiple times this thread. You're just never going to admit it because you'll nitpick a single advantage and disregard the incredible number of disadvantages the iMac has. If somebody found a 20k screen you'd say oh but the P3 is only 98% instead of 98.5% like the iMac. Or if somebody used a 4k screen with 100% P3 gamut you'd say oh but it's not 5k, or the screen size wasn't your favorite, or some other bullshit.

You won't admit the defeat that everybody sees because anything that's not 1:1 with an iMac will fail some arbitrary test you come up with on the spot.

>with a comparable screen
We all see what you and your employer are doing and it isn't clever. You strapped an expensive screen nobody actually needs or wants to an underpowered computer because said screen is much cheaper for Apple than it is for consumers so you can state nobody can price match it.

So yes, you win the award for "cheapest underpowered computer with included 5K display". It's just not an award anybody except Apple gives a flying fuck about.

>The LG 34WK95U-W is a good 5k IPS LED monitor with good picture quality. It can get very bright in SDR and it can also display HDR content decently
How can iShit ever recover?

>the displays apple uses, retard. you aren't witty.
The displays Apple uses are objectively high quality in most cases. They aren't top end, but they aren't the garbage you linked either.

>you're right, 4k is far superior, the two shouldn't be compared.
oof

>free
The absolute state of this faggot's retardation.

>Even if you manage to get the screen and computer to use HDR, software like MPC has to be nigger-rigged to output HDR.
If we're talking about MPC then 4k monitors are objectively superior since 5k is so niche.

Seriously, what are you arguing for?

>Go ahead
Fuck off, why should I waste time on your pet brandname shit, fap to it yourself

Attached: smile asshole.jpg (1000x988, 352K)

>We all see what you and your employer are doing and it isn't clever.
Yes, anyone who talks positive about a Mac MUST be an Apple shill. Just like anyone who calls out racism is a liberal SJW Jewish CIA nigger amirite?

>You strapped an expensive screen nobody actually needs
You don't "actually" need your gaming GPU. Just turn the graphics down. It's that simple idiot.

>or wants to an underpowered computer because said screen is much cheaper for Apple than it is for consumers so you can state nobody can price match it.
That's bad for the consumer how? You realize most people, even on Jow Forums, could work fine on a laptop from the early 2010s? Hell, there are threads full of people doing that on Jow Forums right now.

>So yes, you win the award for "cheapest underpowered computer with included 5K display". It's just not an award anybody except Apple gives a flying fuck about.
Someone admits it. Neat.

Attached: 1539319625515.png (800x1057, 388K)

>The absolute state of this faggot's retardation.
How much does a 5k standalone monitor cost user?
Now how much does an iMac cost?

>If we are talking about MPC then 1080p monitor are objective superior since 1440p is so niche.
Why do people think this argument is okay?
"Just downgrade the screen you don't need all those pixels".

>Seriously, what are you arguing for?
To make people on Jow Forums realize how fucking retarded they are.

you could spend $1000 on one of the best displays on the market and still have enough money to build something that absolutely crushes the imac. can't believe people are taking the bait in this thread.

27‑inch iMac with Retina 5K display.

3.5GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz
8GB 2400MHz DDR4
1TB Fusion Drive
Radeon Pro 575 with 4GB video memory
Magic Mouse 2
Magic Keyboard - US English

£1,949

----------

3.6Ghz six-core Intel i5-8600K (£250)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM (£23)
Gigabyte - B360M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£69)
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory (£53)
Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£35)
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB w/ core clock @ 1.303Ghz (£150)
Deepcool - TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case (£41)
Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£71)
Corsair - K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (£54)
Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse (£52)
LG 27MD5KA-B.AEK 27 cm Monitor LED (£1,138)

£1,936

Cheaper and you get a more powerful CPU and GPU to boot.

>Someone admits it. Neat.
So why do you want that award? If you're watching videos, creating content, or playing games a 4k HDR screen is better.
The only advantage to a 5k screen is pixels but if that's what you want you can easily get multiple 4k screens and get that along with the previously mentioned advantages of a 4k screen.

>1tb storage
holy fug that's so much!

I'll rephrase it for your simple mind:
The number of people who want a weak CPU, so-so RAM, unremarkable storage, a weak GPU and a state-of-the-art 5K display in the same machine is small. The number who want all of this + running MacOS and it being an un-upgradeable all-in-one is even smaller.
Your victory might as well be "Best Value Computer with Attached Can Opener" for all the relevance it has to actual consumers.

>Why do people think this argument is okay?
Your argument isn't comparable. Netflix, Comcast, Hulu, and Amazon all support 4k. YouTube supports 5k but literally nobody uploads with it. 99% of the time you're going to be watching 4k content on your 5k display and it's going to use billinear scaling and look like blurry shit just because you want to flaunt to strangers on the internet that you have more pixels.
>To make people on Jow Forums realize how fucking retarded they are.
You're making no fucking argument you retard.
>MORE PIXELS
>but you can do that with multiple monitors
>BUT APPLE

What do the 30 ms response time and 30 FPS have to do with each other?

He put a better screen. So he did more than "comparable"

this
OP is a pedantic retard who thinks that just because nobody makes 5k displays (because everyone wants 4k), it justifies charging $1k+ for a decent display

Easy. I just gave it slightly better parts.

The 570 pro is slightly better than a 1050ti btw.

So it goes like this, based on consumer pricing:

$100 ram
$80 gpu
$150 cpu that probably thermal throttles

$1,400 screen

$1730 . You're only saving about 30 bucks by buying that mac.

Attached: g please stop this.png (1031x1277, 113K)

>8gb ram
>32gb ssd

Spoken like someone who has never used a high response time monitor

The absolute state of iToddlers

Also note the screen has less than half the response time of the iMac screen (12/14 ms).

Is the difference between 4k and 5k even visible at these sizes?

Well well, it seems I was wrong, at least in the UK. Neat.

>If you're watching videos, creating content, or playing games a 4k HDR screen is better.
No it's not. Why would you even argue something so fucking stupid?
The only place a 5k screen is actually worse is motion quality, but that really only matters for video games, and to a lesser extent anime.

>The only advantage to a 5k screen is pixels but if that's what you want you can easily get multiple 4k screens and get that along with the previously mentioned advantages of a 4k screen.
I don't want multiple screens. If I had things my way I'd be using a 46" 8k display.

>Your argument isn't comparable. Netflix, Comcast, Hulu, and Amazon all support 4k.
Yes because the ONLY use of all those pixels is just full screening videos. You would NEVER use a desktop on that display amirite? Who cares about screen real estate, fucking dumb Macfags. 640x480 16 colors are all you need.

>You're making no fucking argument you retard.
I don't have to. Anyone who tries to piece together a computer with a 5k screen will have to either admit an iMac is cheaper (for now) or bullshit about how 4k is superior. Guess what most people in this thread chose to do?

That's how the market works. If you want 5k you must pay.

I have a CRT, 144hz ULMB monitor, and TV with backlight strobing. I know what the difference looks like. It is hardly ever an issue in the real world, even at 30ms black to white.

Attached: 1535256196018.gif (544x384, 451K)

>motion quality
Are you unironically retarded?

Is the difference between 1080p and 1440p visible at these sizes?
The answer is the same for both questions.

What do you meant me to say? "Temporal resolution"?

nobody wants 5k, retard. it's overpriced, non-standardized garbage. once again, your average 4k ips display is better, has more uses, and is 3x cheaper.

What? Windows works fine with refresh rates. All the animations are smooth, even during updates.
Macs used to update the cursor animation at a locked rate slightly below 120 Hz (not sure if they still do)

pic related will only look smooth on good monitors
>No it's not. Why would you even argue something so fucking stupid?
Lmao, is this kid serious? A 1080p video looks better on a 1080p monitor and looks blurrier on 1440p monitor. Do you not know how scaling works?

Attached: output.webm (635x420, 306K)

>That's how the market works. If you want 5k you must pay.
problem is nobody wants 5k, which is why nobody cares enough to make them

>i hope i can trick Jow Forums into building me cheap pc

I thought 1tb versions had only 32gb?

Oh, and the LG 27MD5KB-B is the exact display in that Mac 5k by the way.

It is 1299 on apples site itself. 380x is probably better than the 570 pro. This doesnt include the inflated cost to repair/replace anything when that mac 5k breaks as well. Overheats, etc etc

Attached: g stop.png (1041x1240, 104K)

that samshit is a placeholder for:

LG 27MD5KB-B

>slightly better parts
Nigger that pc is going to be about twice as fast as the Mac

>nobody wants 5k, retard
If that were true 5k monitors wouldn't be in production. It's a bit like saying "no one wants a Titan XP".

>once again, your average 4k ips display is better
Doubtful considering the average 4k IPS display isn't display P3

>has more uses
That is a given, thanks to Apple removing the ability to use it as a stand alone monitor.

>and is 3x cheaper.
And you are giving up 5k, the main selling point of the computer.

>Lmao, is this kid serious? A 1080p video looks better on a 1080p monitor and looks blurrier on 1440p monitor. Do you not know how scaling works?
Are you actually going to argue that you think 1080p monitors are better simply because most media is centered around that resolution? LOL. Why even use 4k then? Even with nearest neighbor integer scaling your videos will look like shit compared to watching them on an actual 1080p display.
How far are you willing to go with this nonsense argument of yours?

It's more accurate to say "not enough people want 5k".

Interesting compromise on the monitor, I must admit. It's less resolution than 5120x2880, but not by much. Certainly better than 4k.

Attached: 1524501246186.jpg (1181x1748, 380K)

It means that even if you have a gaymen monitor with 2ms response time, it means fuckall when the OS UI animations at windows/Linux run at 20-30fps and even then drop frames.
Your daily tasks will look choppier/stuttery regardless of your screen’s response.