How does Jow Forums name their files?

How does Jow Forums name their files?
>some document.txt
>some_document.txt
>some-document.txt
>some.document.txt
>someDocument.txt
Personally this decision annoys the fuck out of me. There's so many conventions to choose from, but there must be a best one though. I used to use the underscore which seemed the most logical but then switched to dashes cause names are easier to read that way. But it looked ugly, and since I'm not using the superior convention anyway (underscores), I started using the layman's way, spaces. Also easy to read and looks acceptable too. But it's not underscores and it's triggering to look and navigate.

Attached: image.jpg (640x277, 45K)

>somedocument.dat
or
>some_document_with_a_really_long_name.dat

SOMEDOC.TXT

some-doc.txt, easier to type dash than underscore

./
../
bin/
program.exe
lib/
src/
BigClass.java
thing.c
thing2.cpp
script.py
include/
thing.h
thing2.hpp
test/
doc/
ThingSpecification.pdf
data/
game.rom
game2.iso
README
Makefile

I never really have a good generic plan cause I find that there’s usually already a set standard:
>Movies/TV/Music
always uses spaces
>Programming
depends on the language
- python must use underscore or camel case but I prefer underscore cause it’s how I name variables
- Java/C/++/# nearly always use camel case
- Ocaml/Elixir/Erlang I use underscore for files
>General documents
I guess this is what varies the most but I guess I use spaces most often

based 8.3 compatible

This doesn’t really show much since all of those files are 1 word except BigClass.java and ThingSpecification.pdf

I always use underscores.

For academic articles I use _ as space between subjects, - for space between words. Example, 2006_fire-mello_siRNA-paper_nature

>some_document-withLong.name.txt

>SOMEDO~1.TXT

Most times I userDocument but for parsing it would be better/easier to use underscores. user_document looks too ugly to me

I try to avoid >>some document.txt and U hardly use >>some.document.txt but to be honest I am guilty of all the listed ones.

I uase these the most:
>>some_document.txt
>>some-document.txt
>>someDocument.txt

Smdc.txt

Fuck my phonepost spelling ...

WHo GIVES A FUCK HOLY SHIT, JUST FUCKING NAME IT WHATEVER, PEOPLE CAN READ.

documentcategory_date_document-title_authorname-authorsurname-authorid_version-versionspecification.fileextention

Camelback is harder to read, also fuck java

some_document.txt

No clue why I do it that way, I just always have.

Testing:
foo.txt, bar.txt
Everything else:
file_date.txt

a.c

I usually name them what they are DESU.

Only exception is if the name is long, I'll use all Caps Abreviations.

For example, where I keep my pictures there's a folder called "TBS" so that I know it's To Be Sorted. The only one I can't remember is during some software tinkering I made a folder called "WONFFFPC"
To this day I can't recall why it's named that, but it's got like six archives full of old .net Frameworks and other shit..

d.txt