Organizing pictures

What method do you use to organize the pictures on your computer, Jow Forums? Theres got to be a better way than sorting through them individually.

Attached: kbyd10bc62521.jpg (612x612, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h_9ATQFgu9o
github.com/hydrusnetwork/hydrus
youtube.com/watch?v=0zzqOvJiSzE
voidtools.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Penis tie with awkward face girl beer party pictures

And then a file for everything else

I usually just throw them on my desktop and sometimes uploading them to the google spycloud so that they can be confused.

Folders. pics that have similar subjects are put into similar folders

i just divide it into
pepe_apu, wojak, webm, gif, text, reactions, else
and make different directories for different boards

Attached: 1522206765548.jpg (507x540, 90K)

Want to start a repo and build an open source tool that will make this shit easier? I've been wanting to do that for a long time. I'll contribute if you're down dawg.
I want to make the most efficient possible utility for this task. Not all the extra B/S that media organization software usually shits on you.

Like... WinRAR smooth, but strictly for organizing.

Let's say...

Keep this task realistic...

A maximum of 12 distinct scripts. (Less if less can be managed reasonably.)

Tackle these task:
Classifying and grouping of like images
(This task is the most likely to have time intensive sub-categories, but that's ok, we'll just take shit we need from existing repos and projects that have useful snippets.)
Folder creation and/or selection if a relevant folder exists
Move/Copy (This might end up being tag/flag heavy, so I feel it should get dedicated attention.)
Duplicates and what to do with them
Tagging
Naming
Generation of a configuration file that can be backed up, manually edited, and/or re-used if necessary.

Make an oop program, files (images) have Tags or Themes. each tag has a folder, each image appears in multiple folders for each tag it has (Link or reference, not actual file). Real file stored in hidden directory or w/e

Yeah, that's 7 distinct tasks. Not too hard for a group of dumbasses from Jow Forums to manage.

1 of which is mostly going to be a bunch of crap ripped right out of imagemagick

Anyone else want in on something like this?

I fail to see the advantage of OOP for a file system organizational task that a 40 year old dev could shit out in PERL, in like 5 seconds.

This is way faster in system script and then one extra script to mow down ass on your tags and generate an HTML file that does everything you want.

How about a relational database to store annotations and attributes for the files? How the files are stored in the file system could be based entirely on performance, backup/restore convenience, sharing convenience, security, etc.

Attached: postgresql-logo.png (370x278, 47K)

Yeah sure , everyone will wany a fuckiny postgres server for media organizing.
Do it in sqlite

I put every event/shoot in its own folder, one for each day if it's a multi-day event.

I keep my raw files on photos/$CAMERAMODEL/Roll $NUMBER $PLACEOREVENT/ and then I export my good edited photos to photos/exports/$CATEGORY/{jpg,tiff,raw}/
And then delete my snapshits from photos/$CAMERAMODEL/* when run out of space

>everyone
Settle down, pussy. Some folks are already rockin' a DBMS and some data organization projects are beyond SQLite.

Don't use a relational database at all, fagts.

Are you all using Windows XP* ?

Use the god damn, built-in, file property tag values to populate... Maybe, I don't know... Fucking tags?

*Edit: Windows 95

Even so, even if storing tags in a fucking text only file, then having it be interpreted by a browser, WILL BE MAGNITUDES LESS, system overhead, for differential tag updates. Not to mention the fact, that unless your database is using compression algorithms that are from a quantum computational system in the fucking future. It will still PROBABLY consume less space.

I'm not trying to build a god damn data center or cloud solution system for this, holy fuck salt, Batman.
I want FAST, not gay.

You cromagnon savage.

Attached: savage.jpg (310x163, 12K)

I scrape the internet for the dankets images, and use a CNN to classify them. I then hand pick from the crop to shit post all over this bitch ass place.

>I want FAST, not gay.
LOL, epic fail. youtu.be/h_9ATQFgu9o

Liaten here cocksucker i have nearly 800k images that i use for my daily shitposting.
If you can use a text file for them , con fucking grats but my piece of shit system sqlite is more than enough for this
At least for noe

>Classifying files with CNN
>with CNN
>CNN

All of the files nor the software will have any disk storage or cache space allocated to them, unless you turn off your fireWALL.

Attached: CNNvDtrump.jpg (600x319, 45K)

>All of the files nor the software will have any disk storage or cache space allocated to them, unless you turn off your fireWALL.

WTF?

Is there a good tag system like a local booru?

>sqlite
Did you write a GUI file manger with database access?

Attached: logoLarge.gif (354x520, 10K)

You have valid points, I'm acknowledging your talent for this, but your use case is an anecdotal solution.
Hear me out then, on a different game plan:

I'm suggesting a browser as an interpreter for the text file.

My system
> Script runs, adds tags, places item in relevant system folder.
>text file has tags added+the file path
>Open generated html file
>Holy shit, everything works, because it will be updated with like 20 lines of code, max, beforehand.

>Use cases with file count over ____ amount ?
>Your solution can be an option flag during install.
>If converted to your solution later, updating a sqlite database from the aforementioned text file will be easy as fuck, but the text file itself is a Smart Car, and you're suggesting a solution that's an air craft carrier in size.

Both solutions are valid, so I posit the default be the less space intensive solution.
Your solution SHOULD absolutely be part of this, because after a certain point, super categories means more directory tree branches.
So yeah, you have a point, sqlite would handle sub-categorization BETTER, but only after it becomes a burden to the OS/file system.

In full disclosure, this plan:
Adjusts adequately for both viewpoints.

Both are valid, by use case, because the average amount of photos any person has saved is DEFINITELY WAY less than 800,000.
However, folder branching for sub categorization would be a larger processing burden in those cases.

So either we design it to work with both, or we're not optimizing the largest amount of possibilities.

I use sub board letters for prime topic and then have subfolders in them. Been so long here it's natural organisation.

Good idea actually, I already do that for camera photos and ebooks anyways. Sometimes item with multiple topics takes too much time to find.

Attached: Capture.png (363x481, 15K)

kek
dick tie

Neck yourself

wrote my own tagging program that stores tags and paths

This is the method that works for me.
I download images and then shove them all into one folder

that guys name is steve smith

-_

Legend: Joke -, You_

Any way to get dolphin to organize files by download date?
Seems to do a shit job.

Attached: 8BA60E4F-44D5-4100-81C4-DB8147C30F5F.png (521x517, 226K)

github.com/hydrusnetwork/hydrus

600 MILLION People tuned into the Moon Landing in 1969

We are 15 Minutes Away From Visiting The Farthest object we have EVER observed with a probe.
youtube.com/watch?v=0zzqOvJiSzE
Get the fuck in here, you unpatriotic faggots.

Attached: wtfEarth.png (1019x674, 110K)

What the fuck are tags?

w-what?

alphabetically by meme

Mostly Hydrus. The small part i use a folder-subfolder structure

What if a single picture shares the same category as 2 separate folders? What folder do you sort it in then?

Give the pictures good names and then search it up in everything
voidtools.com/

Attached: e8f3VSYQUq.png (710x1588, 237K)