I want to work for the police/military. What technology-related jobs can I get in the force?

I want to work for the police/military. What technology-related jobs can I get in the force?
I'm a dual US-UK citizen, so either are available to me.

Attached: swot.jpg (1600x902, 523K)

Depends what branch. The cyber force is blowing up and greatly in need of soldiers/sailors/airmen/whatever if that's your gig, but the training is very very strenuous and difficult if you don't already have experience. If you manage to make it through though and decide to get out, you'll have amazing schooling you can put on your résumé to be able to get your foot in the door to many many other places.

>but the training is very very strenuous and difficult
What sort of training? Sounds very interesting.

Basically the first school you'll go to will be for Cyber Analysis. It's more or less a year and a half of college courses compressed into 6 months and with all the BS cut out. You'll learn basic programming, basic networking, Windows, UNIX/Linux, then get into more advanced modules covering those same topics before rolling into actually doing hacking and digital forensics.

Interesting. Right now I'm doing my bcs on computer security. Will I still need to do all that training after I graduate? Also, how would I go about getting into that training?

Yes the training is required in order to be assigned an actual job in the military. I'm not sure how it works for the UK military since I can only speak about the US military. Getting into it is just a matter of signing up at your nearest recruiting station. This is to actually *get in* the military for this training. To do it as a civilian or contractor I have no idea and I highly doubt you'd have any luck, since this field definitely requires a top secret clearance. The government will square you away with the process of getting one should you be able to secure a slot for the job.

>i'm a dual citizen
stopped reading there

Why?

I presume it's the fact you probably can't get TS/SCI classification as a dual citizen.

You'll have to ask about this. UK is a member of FVEYE so you might be able to still do it. I would ask a recruiter of you're serious about it.

>wanting to become a golem to serve Israel's interests

Attached: 1543040772102.png (461x565, 278K)

>OI MATE HE HASN'T RENEWED HIS SHITPOSTING LICENCE

Attached: _102783953_capture.jpg (660x371, 47K)

I has never actually considered this, since the two are allied. Guess I'll just have to pick a side.

>i want to be an underpaid pig cause i have a baby dick

kys, dicklet

>UK security clearance
>have to declare that you're a girl(male) on Jow Forums
>have to declare that you've got banned/warned/posts deleted by the jannies
>have to declare that you've browsed Jow Forums

Attached: developed vetting.png (1139x797, 47K)

kek

I want to work in the military because it sounds like a good oportunity to learn a wide range of practical skills. Seems like a good adventure.

I'm quite moderate with my internet usage, and the most extreme thing I've ever done was get banned for phone posting on 4G, then switching to WiFi.
If that is really as bad as the server gets, I have got nothing to worry about.

Attached: Kaiba Kek.jpg (468x326, 81K)

>telling the truth on that section
it's like you want to get arrested

The purpose of those types of questions is not to incriminate you but to find out if you have anything that could be used against you in blackmail. Being granted a clearance means you can be trusted with secrets and information that may be detrimental to national security. Something as simple as missing a car payment can be a red flag and continued financial issues can cost you your clearance entirely.

so, don't tell the truth
they aren't going to check if you posted on Jow Forums 3 years ago, i don't even think that's possible

I don't think posting on Jow Forums is even that big of a deal. Even if you wanted to be honest, just say you were posting ironically :^)

>I don't think posting on Jow Forums is even that big of a deal
you underestimate normalfags
going on Jow Forums to begin with was still a big deal up until like 2012

The FBI, CIA, NSA, and all those other organizations have much bigger fish to fry. I highly doubt they'd give a shit about an anonymous image board.

>The FBI, CIA, NSA, and all those other organizations
run by boomers
boomers are retarded

Digital forensics, Penetration testing, firewall security shit?

Why would you want to join the cia niggers ですね

To kill more faggots like Terry and prevent more autists from learning the truth of programming.

Why would you wanna serve the military-industrial complex, you fucktard?

>he doesn't want to pew pew in arub xD

UK is awful mate, better to become a contractor.
The Army is still in the 80s, the navy needs private companies, well the RAF is getting subsumed into the navy.
GCHQ, maybe, but they are just an extension of the NSA.
As your a yank, you might as well just join them and save me the tax.

Schlomo pls

If you can get a TS clearance you can become a CT in the Navy. If you want something more mundane you can be an IT

t.a CTT

That's not on the US-SF86 right? I don't remember them asking me those questions.

I'll set up a steam account with a girl avatar and claim I'm a girl hoping to get free skins and stuff from virgins, would they frown upon that?

kill yourself.