Is it okay to have SSD's just "floating"? I have no other spots to put them...

Is it okay to have SSD's just "floating"? I have no other spots to put them, so I just have stuck them wherever I can find a decent spot. It's an old case (P182) so I have no proper spots to mount them.

Attached: IMG_20181231_165739.jpg (1200x900, 130K)

yea user it's fine as long as you don't move your case around when it's on so you don't risk them coming undone when the machine's running and majorly fuck shit up

You could just use tape, they don't care

Alright yea, it seems kind of sketchy but I never move it around, especially when it's running. Seems fine so far. Thanks.

Yea true, if I ever get more concerned, that might be an option. Not exactly sure where I'd even tape them down, but yea.

just use some twist ties and run them through the screw holes and tie them to the case

Attached: 1539847940911.jpg (543x758, 602K)

Japan is a good time.

Its like wearing those shoes with the individual toes. Yeah it works and if you don't care about appearances you can do it, but it really is sloppy looking and people will look down on you for it.

I don't have a window on the case, so no one will ever see.

Fuck no. If you float SSD's, the electrons will just stay at the lowest part of your chip due to gravity. This reduces your storage and increases read speed, because you need to pull electrons from that gravity well. You get faster write speed tho, because you can just push an electron and it will tip off instantly

No. Just no. There is no "quantum" anything, this isn't poorly understood near magic effects of some mythical theoretical particle. This is simply electrons being so small they can move through any material at the path of least resistance, because nothing can exert 100% perfect electrical control over them. It is current leakage. It is nothing but current leakage. It is current leakage in short channel devices, and it happens at literally every feature size, it is not exclusive to small FinFET devices like upcoming 5nm EUV FinFETs. Even planar devices have extremely high degrees of leakage through their channels, directly under the gates, electrons still leak out. Yet despite this the transistors still function.

Quantum tunneling is a meme regurgitated by people who know nothing about the field of FETs.

This gets me every fucking time. Imagine the face of that PhD EE, getting BTFOd by bunch of retards at Jow Forums

But quantum tunneling sounds cool.

>You could just use tape, they don't care
Velcro is a better option. Be sure to get the high temperature kind.

It's fine.

Zip-Tie them to the sides. SSD's don't mind being sideways.

Shouldn't hurt, I have mine hanging from the top and it's fine.

Wouldn't recommend it with an HDD for obvious reasons.

neither do hdds

I like setting them loose and free, dangling around...

That's why shit like pic exists. If you're cheap like I am, then 3d print some.

Attached: ssd_bracket.jpg (425x676, 109K)

where can i read this manga?

Tbh, that tape they put down on floors during conferences to keep cables down is perfect for that shit

This is what I settled on, individual racks plugged from the back, but still loose

Think maybe I'll 3d print some shit for it soon tho

Attached: 20181227_111330.jpg (3512x2009, 1.49M)

Fuck that it looks cool

Attached: tumblr_ny51fz6h501scdmnro1_1280.jpg (1280x960, 201K)

shittiest cable management i've ever seen

Old case, non-modular PSU. Not OP, but I've been there. It's pretty limited in what you can do.

Should be fine - I duct taped mine to something sturdy inside my case and fine.

>caring about cable management
>form over function
Disgusting. Also no, it does not change airflow.

You can have both. It's like faggots who think you can't have incredible good looks without being a simple brainlet
ideally you want both.

i have two floating around behind my right side panel,

only spinning rust need to be flat/vertical

desu that's the only spot it's bad, the case is huge and pretty clean all over except there and oh God the back, but yeah I wish there was more i could do with these cables

Still better than this.

Attached: IMG_20180609_042644.jpg (4608x3456, 3.44M)