Seriously, why should I download Linux to fucking program when windows works just fine

Seriously, why should I download Linux to fucking program when windows works just fine.
I downloaded Linux mint because I'm a beginner and my PC made so much noise running that shit. And it got really hot.

Why is Linux so forced?

Attached: P7281159-e1438142739245-1200x633.jpg (1200x633, 145K)

>he fell for the loonix meme

Development on Windows is horrific. You'd know if you have ever done. On Linux, every single development tool you need is there out of the box or a few clicks away from being installed instantly by an easy to use package manager with secure, centralized software repositories.

>I downloaded Linux mint because I'm a beginner and my PC made so much noise running that shit. And it got really hot.
Buy hardware that isn't shit, or change your thermal paste and get a new fan.

>Why is Linux so forced?
No one is forcing you to use it.

Attached: 1540362106225.jpg (255x198, 6K)

>download bloatware
>complain about fan noise
top zozzle

Did you actually install it, or did you just use the live-CD?
>why should I download Linux
So you can use an OS that respects you as a human being and gives you control over your hardware and software.

Because Microsoft is like that girl who does everything in their power to convey that they hate you, but you keep giving them your money and time and affection.

Seriously tho, part of the fun in Linux is trying out different distros to see which you like best. I only encountered one distro that made my computer overheat, and when I gave it another try a month or so later, it worked fine. Just try Ubuntu for awhile and go back to Windows if you don't like it.

you're the one forcing it, we don't want you

>Development on Windows is horrific. You'd know if you have ever done. On Linux, every single development tool you need is there out of the box or a few clicks away from being installed instantly by an easy to use package manager with secure, centralized software repositories.
not to mention it is a lot easier to make tools for yourself. a lot of the time, it's more convenient to have your own tool or the certain thing that you want doesn't exist in another tool, so you have to make your own.

Linux has dog turd CPU/GPU frequency control. It wastes battery like crazy.
Just watch some videos and read some articles on Linux as a desktop OS. Don't use it unless you keep telling yourself "boy, wish I had Linux right about now"

lol

Attached: DeepinScreenshot_select-area_20181231175330.png (600x435, 48K)

install tlp
btw I use Arch

Nice fake graph, give me the hardware specs and software settings.
Windows runs at o
0.7GHz when I choose the right profile, whereas Linux decides reading pdf's requires 2.8GHz

>Windows is better because i can turn down the CPU
>I don't know how to turn down CPU in linux

that's all you had to say

>Nice fake graph
Yes, i faked that just for you, sweetheart :)

It's a Dell XPS 13 and it's literally OOTB settings, you can fucking google linux battery comparisons and it's one of the first links

Plus Linux doesn't scream at you if you run an application without a certificate.

Attached: oof.jpg (1200x1730, 481K)

>don't know how to turn down CPU in linux
No popular distro has power profiles. No, nobody's bricking his device with shitty command line arguments.

>My PC made so much noise running that shit.
Probably a laptop. Probably have the wrong GPU drivers.

Attached: abookbyop.jpg (217x208, 7K)

Based

you don't know a bit about security or networking. I would use none of your programs

>the wrong GPU drivers
The absolute state of linux

It's fine, irrelevant people like you don't pay for software

Install TLP, thermald and a suitable fan control.
Linux is about freedom. If you don't care about that you can stick to botnet windows

actually I care not too much fucks about freedumbs, I give no fucks if I can plagiate someone else code. I want to see the code and be free to compile it myself, nothing else.
I'm on linux for performance. Windows just runs like ass on everything.

Yeah, forgot the performance aspect.
On my gaming rig windows runs just as crisp as linux on my thinkpad.
On the other hand I don't even want to try windows on my thinkpad.

I have a laptop with an i4710HQ and a GTX860m and still it's a fucking pain in the ass to use windows. I guess is mostly due to the HDD which is 5400rpm, suposeddly there are 8GB of SSD cache but I don't know about that. Regardless, any Linux distribution works flawlessly

They use Linux to fill a gap missing in their lives.
-
Acting hysterical when anything but positive attention is paid to Linux and therefore them.
Linux must be the center of attention or receive enough so they don't feel like linux is being ignored.
- Constant put downs and negativity towards windows because it did end well.
- Wide swings in attitude and tone when they're defending and promoting.
- Even what windows did in the past is always brought up in arguments, its never forgotten.

Linux has kernel governors that anyone can use one command.

>t. bill gates

>literal fuckton of distros to suit anyones special snowflake needs plus custom settings

>windows becoming irrelevant little by little as it's fucked in the ass by Applel and subsumed by google

I what world you live in? I see more and more prebuilt shit coming without O.Ses by the day, ubuntu which is a shit linux system is gaining on the shekels.

Microsoft used to be king and Windows was it's non-unix bending spear. The king is now a cock-sucking jester and the spear is a giant spear-dildo. MS era is over. Last good windows was XP.