Why are sennheiser headphones so much better than the other ones?

why are sennheiser headphones so much better than the other ones?

Attached: sennheiser.jpg (376x250, 8K)

*snap*

GSP-300 reporting in.

*fills your ears with mud*

Only Sennheiserâ„¢ headphones can provide a truly realistic snapping sound.

Attached: 1540552061860.png (480x320, 137K)

my HD555s from 2010 haven't snapped yet

Attached: 1485213115062.png (1280x724, 390K)

>normies only now sennheiser as non-tuning hip hop headphones

Used my 280 Pros for 8 years without that shit happening and now have had my 598s for 6 years without any issues except my dumbass tearing the cable, which is replaceable.

They're not "better" but they all sound reasonably good for the price no mater which Sennheiser headphones you get.

That being said a little research and you can find smaller brands that make better headphones for the same price.

So as far as mainstream brands go, they're very good and a safe bet if you don't have much choice

>you can find much more fragile headphones for a much higher price with less customer support

>Sennheiser
>mainstream

>you can find much more fragile headphones
impossibu

At what price point? Focal and ZMF kill that bullshit.

No. There is nothing worse in audio than boutique brands.
No, your chinkshit does not sound better.

my old hd595s are fine.

this guy is right
boutique brands are actually worse deals and value than the mainstream in the audiophile world

Attached: 1515985915783.png (882x758, 239K)

a u d i o — t e c h n i c a
A K G
b e y e r d y n a m i c

former akg employee here
they got rid of their whole r&d department when they got sold
some headphones are still fine, but for most it's just the name and they put it on figurative garbage
as much as it saddens me to write this, don't buy akg

Blocks your path

Attached: RXV04536-1620x1080.jpg (1620x1080, 221K)

>tfw my HD202 stopped working on one side
Is there any way to fix this?

Attached: apu_crying.png (326x261, 37K)

I primarily used some HD518s for about 4 years, until I started actually going outside and needed something with a short cable and 3.5mm jack. Got some Koss Portapros and they're only just barely worse than the 518s at half the price. Sennheiser's good but they're not everything

same thing happened to koss, do you have a guess on where most of the r&d people went?

excuse me?

Attached: Headphone-Zone-DT-1990-PRO-13_2000x.jpg?v=1536663001.jpg (1160x1160, 116K)

the whole sentiment was quite bad back then.
I know some banded together and formed Austrian Audio,
but a lot moved on to different sectors

You're excused.

Attached: sennheiser-orpheus.jpg (1500x1000, 212K)

idk i have their game ones and they're incredible

i dont get where the fragile meme comes from either, they've surivved many things

they even look muddy

B O S E
o
s
e

ey b0ss

No highs no lows must be Bose!

they use to be heavily shilled in the headphone threads same with the purple audio technicas then suddenly no postyed about them for a long time that and the fact you had to mod a certain model to get slightly better sound.

I know a lot of people left during the Harman transition, and it looks like even more just a few years ago. When did you leave?

Grados are better

*falls apart*

they're not

sennheiser is babbies first decent headset designed for faggots to jerk over

I have a pair of 558s that I've had for like 4 years. Was thinking about grabbing the 6xx or 58x from mass drop. Which is better?

Germans really know how to meme their shit. Senns are the Mont blanc of headphones.

for me, it's Shure

*Beyerdynamic

>buying obscure, chinanigger brands
>sounds like shit
>breaks
lol yeah you aren't fooling anyone, Chang.
fuck off

>Buy expensive germanheisers
>Sounds OK with the right set up
>Breaks
>Turns out it was chinkshit quality
Lol German engineering errtime.

because OP works for sennheiser

they do it for free

Attached: 1537655163626.png (293x270, 41K)

fucking this

GOAT earphones coming through
I went through 10+ different brands in my life, until I found Sennheiser CX 3. Never going back

Attached: Sennheiser-CX-3-1[1].jpg (620x350, 33K)

they replace that for free and if not their repair parts are cheap.

ah idk about that. theres some really good boutique gear out there

>2019
>non plug-in cable

Attached: 1528172968330.jpg (2544x4000, 865K)

they arnt any thing special the brand only got popular in the 200s because they offered a good 150$ model that was very popular price to performance.

beyerdynamic that make hyper x cloud is literally higher quality than most of their even 500$ models.

they are not a high end brand they just where the only brand in the 200s putting a good set of speakers in a cheap plastic frame. HD600 etc is all shit value for money.

if you want to know what that old model was its now discontinued but its what the giantbomb cast use they have them in black but they where mostly sold in silver they flooded the market and stopped selling them eventually because they stopped them and other brands being able to jew people.

*brokendriverdynamic

in the 90s Sennheiser was considered a cheap terrible nock off brand like sanyo

Sennheiser is literally the most meme brand there is their quality reputation is based on nothing but idiots shilling them. because they owned 150$ models of them when they was a wee lad at 14 and have nostalgia

>beyerdynamic that make hyper x cloud
Sauce? Last I checked these were takstars, and not Beyer(left side driver doesn't work)dynamic.

>buying Bang & Olufsen
>ever

They are the same chinese garbage like all of the others. Quality drivers do not mean a fucking thing if they are surrounded by cheap chinese garbage that makes them unwearable due to wear and tear in a matter of two years, give or take a few months.

>not their repair parts are cheap
couple years back they would take $24 for the cable and foam parts are still stupid expensive

Bose protecc
Bose atacc
Highs Bose does lacc

i have a snap fetish and their automatic snapping feature is otherwordly

Attached: download.jpg (480x320, 14K)

Qpad CEO did a joint press conference in 2009 and beyerdynamic head guy was there and said they where supplying the design and parts fairly sure the plastic machines in Germany spurt out the parts and they are flown to China in bags and assembled under all the brand names would explain why hyper x says assembled in China not made in China

>NEUTRAL SOUND BAD
>this meme was made by Sennheiser Gang

Attached: B2795A28-DEEC-472A-BF0C-28CF9584E8CB.jpg (636x773, 32K)

>not buying audio technica
enjoy ur overpriced hipster garbage

F

Attached: 1533742670532.jpg (600x693, 56K)

Are open backed Sennhiesers better than their close backed headphones?

My only experience with Sennheiser was when I tried the PC 350s
I really didn't like how they sounded since the trebles were dull and the soundstage was small.

Attached: 51MDENeH0rL.jpg (475x500, 40K)

Seems like they did a lot to mislead the public that they (qpad, and hyperxclouds) were all takstars rebrands.

if you have a noisy PC or live in a big city don't get open.

people who say open makes better 3d sound are wrong it wont help in games and stuff its just when you lissen to classical music it will sound "free" or some shit.

if you are a sweaty teenager thou open is prob better just for heat. but studio techs use closed for instance.

closed blocks out about 25db.

this

I made the mistake of getting HD558s on Black Friday sale 2017. Open backs pissed my gf off and I could hear everything.

Recently returned HD 4.50s too because the ANC was garbage and they squeezed my head

Wtf?

Attached: wtf.png (732x425, 209K)

They are all beyers rebrands IMO nun came first beyers prob just sold some cheapish OEM design to heaps of brands after the financial crysis in 2008 to keep their plastic machines running beacusr not many people where buying 800$ headphones then

They are literally takstar rebrands. Beyer has nothing to do with any of it.

>keeps headphones in a climate controlled display case in a vacuum sealed room under lock and key

Attached: imdgsgsdsdg.jpg (290x174, 7K)

One would hope that headphones in unopened packagr wouldn't snap.

because you fell for marketing

>not using superior bose hardware
poorfag

>That being said a little research and you can find smaller brands that make better headphones for the same price.
What brands?

Poorfag brands that he is using. He also never owned sennheiser headphnes but knows better anyway.
This is how poorfags with their $50 headphones cope on this board.

This, i honestly think 280pros might be the best mid tier headphones ever made. I just dont understand why anybody with 80-120 bux to spend on headphones wouldnt get a pair of 280s, unless they specifically needed different features like wireless phones or in ear buds or something.

They are like the sm57 / sm58 of headphones.

Snapheissers. German memegeneering at it's finest.

i should add that AT M50S are legit as farrrk too.

I've used 280s for years for multi person tracking in my studio with zero problems. I also think they have a nice flat sound and dont reproduce anything that isnt there, people say they are lacking bass, but i think they have fucked ears.

My only issue with them is i wish they had a 1/4 plug in the cans themselves and they sold replacement cables that you can replace without soldering, but its not a biggie as i can solder.

Best budget studio gear since the shure sm57/58 mic.

They're not better than all alternatives, they're decent headphones with a lot of options.

My hd600 which i got in 2006 with the black drivers hasn't snapped, the only things i had to replace are the ear&headpads plus the cable. Mine are from before they started using a different plastic to combat the snapping issue. Just don't treat your headphones like shit.

Pretty much this. They're shit-tier.

Do you have transparent background on? Is that even your point?

i have them and i had to turn the highs down on my phone eq if i wanted to listen to music because they're way too harsh otherwise

do not buy these

The saturation component of the image has been used as an alpha mask. Why?

But, user...
Audio technica is overpriced garbage...

Attached: KU1_9990.jpg (2000x1333, 958K)

They sound very clean and balanced to me

Bose sound response at either end is poor, hence no highs no lows. They constantly cut out or get distorted