Final year of Windows 7 extended support

>final year of Windows 7 extended support

Attached: 2556566.png (647x500, 251K)

The death of windows 7 is the worst thing Microsoft has ever done.

I will be using Winblows 7 in 2030 fuck da police

aka year of the Linux desktop

how mad will you guys be when the last update ms pushes for 7 will force upgrade it to 10 while deleting the rollback saves?

the whole "EOL" thing is a gimmick. So what that support ends? It doesn't mean the OS will just quit working the day after. Long as you keep your antivirus software up to date, keep unused router ports/firewall ports closed, and do not run as "administrator" for your daily shit you should be fine for a long long time. If you do something retarded and click some weird link in a e-mail then you deserve whatever happens.

It puts companies in a bind. Microsoft won't support any software on an OS that isn't supported.

So? I'm talking about home use. Most of the software I use is "obsolete" yet I still use it. Reason is cause it just works and suits my needs.I still use DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor for occasional dvd projects. Both of those programs date to 2004. But they still work, even on new DVD's. Hell anymore ripping a dvd is even easier, the companies just don't seem to care anymore. Used to be I had to use Slysoft to crack some copy protection shit first, then use one of the other two programs. but i digress. point is, who cares how old it is, long as it works use it.

They won't do that. If they do I'll go ahead and get a disc off ebay. Fuck Windows 10. Literal spyware.

Attached: 1545579508917.png (636x778, 34K)

>Build $4000 PC in 2018, install Windows 10 that I actually fucking payed for
>Lags when I like youtube comments
>mediocre laptop from with windows 7, zero lag when I like youtube comments

Get ready Jow Forums, if you haven't switched yet.

Another oldie I use is Office 2007. Why? Cause the look matches windows 7 and really how "new" do you need to type some document in word or create some excel sheet or handle your e-mail/calendar dates. Still use Photoshop CS2 cause again it just works.

They did it once, already, user.

Your choices are gonna be W10, Macfaggotry, or Linux pretty soon.

>>Lags when I like youtube comments
u sure you're not using edge on youtube?

Windows 10 has just been a bad time.

Even privacy concerns aside, holy crap, it's borderline nonfunctional... -_-

It doesn't truly become 'EOL' until browser developers stop supporting it

>Implying I ever updated my Windows 7 installation

This.
You'd be amazed at the favors modern browser support does to an OS.
As an example, PowerPC Macs with OS X Tiger and Leopard are still being used by tons of people thanks to a single guy (Cameron Kaiser) who develops TenFourFox, a modern browser for those OSs. If there was no modern browser for those OSs, people would stop using them and all the software that's still being maintained (modern GNU coreutils and updated gcc via macports for example) would just disappear.
The same thing happened to XP, it didn't start dying until Firefox and Chrome stopped supporting it.

Okay, I disabled everything but smooth edges in performance options, that fixed it, but I'm still shocked that I can't max out my settings and still have zero lag. I wonder what other crap might be slowing down my performance.

At least we get a version of Edge for the last year.

I don't use windows anymore but there were no performance differences on 7-10 on my 2012 i7 laptop

is there a version of this image with a dab instead?

Cut the bs, you use PS2 since it is essentially free to use.

With the exception of software freedom desu