He fell for the college meme

>he fell for the college meme

Attached: pfsc.png (735x560, 324K)

I paid off my debt with my sign-on bonus received after my first month.

Jesus the american education system is so cucked, I actually feel sorry for you wankers

>debt
I never had a debt in my entire life and I own an apartment, car and finished university

>implying every place in the world has e meme college system

Attached: 5f0.jpg (423x566, 30K)

>t. Seething retard with no education
Good luck getting a job over a guy with a degree, even if it is for the most basic shit

Poor people don't pay for college in America. Are you retarded?

Yes, getting a proper degree stops poverty, that's the whole point

I mean I did even if it was hard and required for me to know some connections.

This is what collegefags actually believe

>muh free college
>I only have to pay 60% of my income in taxes for the rest if my life

Government gives me 200 euro a week, pays all my tuition and supplement's my rent for education here in Ireland

>he was too stupid to get good grades in high school
>he did not get flooded with full ride scholarships to universities

Attached: CvS_r8KWEAEYSzo.jpg (900x1200, 118K)

So you're telling me that for past 200years if not more your family didn't amass enough wealth so you can comfortably study and move out when you get a job? What the fuck were they doing then. I mean seriously, what the fuck was your family doing for the past few hundred years.

You have to get a real degree in the hard sciences or mathematics (business is also viable if you have connections). Everything else is a waste of money.

>this is what third world amerilards actually believe

hehe, H.S grad + some college + certs. landed comfy job with state government. Not IT but hey can't get everything. Thanks to regs can "retire" in 15 yrs w/full pension + 401k + medical. Be age 50. Thanks to certain other little "hacks" in those same regs I may be able to retire a bit sooner yet still get a full pension w/same benefits as I mentioned above. Only debt is house. Be able to just kick back for 20+ yrs and enjoy life with no worries.

my college costs 460 EUR per month so its fine

A college graduate who lands a job at FAANG can retire at 30.

It's the case for me, maybe you're just a brainlet

>yes goyim
>get $200k into debt by age 22 so that you can "escape" poverty

Attached: 1526261647856.png (1346x1044, 1.71M)

The US has around that much taxation when you follow money through from gross pay to actually purchasing something.

That sounds horrifying. College costs 140€ per semester over here

Maybe, but how much debt and how much stress and bullshit does that FAANG dude has/puts up with on a daily basis? Me, I have no stress no bullshit, no paperwork, no having to kiss any upper manger ass and no debt other than my house.

oh and I can't get fired at all unless I fuck up or the state government goes tits up broke.

There's a reason why those companies are consistently ranked at the top in employee satisfaction surveys.

>tfw my family went from baron wealthy elite fucks hundreds of years ago to dirt poor white trash today
>tfw my family was wealthy enough to have their own crest and seal
I have no clue how this happened.

ill get my degree from UEL but im studying in a different country so thats why I pay extra
and probably i could find a different one for cheaper but im on the final year so....

Ok but I didnt pay for my college education

Attached: 1527105067792.jpg (480x360, 18K)

I've never been in US, but were I live I was able to work and pay my own college. Now I'm an engineer without a debt.
Isn't it cheaper for you to travel to other countries, learn the language and study?

>americlaps
>speaking a second language

Can't you make a crest in paint?

Go drink some bleach and shoot yourself in the mouth, you fucking shit smear.

My parents paid for college

Attached: 73b846b69489f464ea76a742ad97ec77.jpg (927x1570, 164K)

Both grandparents on my wifes side came from established families with money. One of them even has a crest and seal and is related to a family that has a meager wiki page.

Somehow one generation fucked it all up on both sides and everything that had taken several generations to build up is mostly gone except for some bonds, savings, and a little bit of stock. It was enough to help my wife escape any debt for college and will help give our child better than 0 head start in life, but a far cry from what it would have been.

Attached: 532543435r4531453.jpg (500x562, 93K)

clap more

Sure... but first you must learn a new language, travel to a country with subsidized college education and get a degree without a debt.

>career advice from John Campbell
You should become a freelance cartoonist and then aggressively refuse to sell your work because that would be supporting capitalism.

Attached: sadpictures_burning.png (685x81, 16K)

>work for decades to pay off debt

>he didn't buy a $20 ACT prep book and read it for an hour every day for a few months
>he didn't score in the 99th percentile
>he didn't get scholarships
>his university didn't cut him a $3k check every semester for the money left over after the scholarships paid for everything
>he didn't get free food, free rent, and $6k/year to learn, play electronics, party, and smoke weed for 4 years

Why would you not do this? Were you too busy jerking off to anime to read a book? Were you too stupid to pass a multiple choice test designed for people who haven't even graduated from high school?

I stress this every young person I encounter when the topic of college comes up. A 3.5 GPA is pretty fucking easy to get without having to bust your ass and it opens a lot more doors. combine a 3.5 high school GPA, some mediocre sports, and a decent ACT score, go to an inexpensive university, and you'll come out of school with minimal debt

>yeah bro just get in the 99th percentile! It's so easy any retard can do it!
>oh and make sure you're not white!

A lifetime of middle management awaits!

>posting a preachy comic by a guy who had a mental breakdown over capitalism

>own
>apartment
I don't think you understand what "rent" means.

No I own it you dumbo, I dont pay a rent lol. I never paid any rent either I think its just as dumb as having debt.

>tfw already senior software engineer without wasting money and years of my life at an establishment of wank
>All of the code I wrote in professional environments during my first year far exceeds anything that has come out of a college graduates first years
feels good man

How much does a "senior" software engineer make in flyoverland?

I work self employed and charge a daily rate of 650.

Generally I work full-time in office for my clients

as someone who fell for the meme, how did you go about learning in your field, and climbing your way up?

I graduated H.S with a B average (3.2 GPA). I didn't bust my ass or do anything but the bare minimum required to graduate. The only thing I did was take as many computer related classes my whole 4 yrs as I could. I graduated in 2002. Back before they changed shit. I feel sorry for kids now. All the bullshit they make them do that has jack shit to do with how the world in general works. The highest type of math I took was Algebra I. Now I think it's Trig or Calc that you gotta take plus Algebra II in order to get out. The funny thing is that I've forgotten it all (math equations that is) and that I've never had to use anything other than the basics thus far in life.

Please stop spreading false news on a Chinese tapestry board. This is moronic delusion that maybe only applies to less than 0.1% of people.

Google alone has 40,000 programmer. By your logic literally everyone in the country is a programmer.

And I can bet you nearly none of them can retire at the age of 30.

You're probably just some smug cunt who made money off an unprecedented 12 year bull run and are just too stupid to see how lucky you were to live in it.

Fuck off and stop spreading your fake news.

I saved 180k for retirement in 2018. Stay mad.

>yeah bro just get in the 99th percentile! It's so easy any retard can do it!
>Were you too stupid to pass a multiple choice test designed for people who haven't even graduated from high school?

I see you chose the "I'm too stupid" option. Nice!

>make sure you're not white!
Statistics show being White is an advantage compared to the average ACT taker. It must suck to be White and not be able to outscore the blacks, browns, 56% faces, junior high kids taking it for shits and giggles, stupid high school kids, and people too busy jerking off to anime to read a book. On the other hand all that learning stuff and tinkering with electronics wouldn't have been very rewarding for you so maybe you dodged a bullet.

Attached: actbyrace.png (1093x606, 108K)

Yes goy, you subhuman animals shouldn't learn. Just consume and excrete.

Ok and? That's just nominal numbers and tells me nothing about your market performance or how badly you'll lose it when the bear market finally swings through.

Are those prep books really worth it? I got 34 composite with no studying, and I want to bring it up to a 36. I struggle most in English/grammar.

You don't even understand basic retirement theory. Embarrassing.

natural cycles, its like tectonic plates

hard times make hard people. hard people make good times. good times make weak people. weak people make hard times

Ok kid. I hope you're prepared to explain that resume gap you'll have when you need employment down in the future.

Hell that's assuming you aren't wiped out when the historical bull market dies horribly.

>$200k in debt
Must be hard to be a fucking retard. I'm on my last year of uni and exactly $0 in debt.

Not everyone is as privileged as you? Have you ever considered such a possibility you fucking retard? Hell I didn't have debt graduating either but I had some help for the first two years and two more years after of a high paying summer full time and 25 hour part time internship.

Again, you show your ignorance by thinking short term market swings have any effect on long term retirement. It only took 5 years to recover from 1929. Enjoy working until 60 though. Hopefully your pension won't collapse by then.

Cope

I bet you're that massive retard who posted his cute little vangaurd profile making 40% like he was some kind of genius. Fuck off kid.

I am fucked too OP

200k in debt is retard tier unless you immediately join the top 1% of society after graduation.

I'ved stated numerous times that I don't care about short term market swings. You really have no idea what you are talking about. Hopefully your pension works out kid.

Neither do you. Anyone who claims to be able to retire at 30 is a deluded cunt.

Also you clearly do care about short term market trends if you claim to be targeting working professionally for maybe a decade.

>NOOOOO IT'S NOT FAIR! YOU HAVE TO WAGESLAVE FOR YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!
You really are embarrassing yourself.

You still can't disprove what I said moron. Wow you invested big boy money in basically the top performing NASDAQ companies for basically the last decade. Whoa you're so smart and not just some lucky cunt born at the right time and can now retire with your big boy short term luck steak.

That doesn't mean it's not some realistic goal for nearly 99.9% of americans, let alone even 10%

agreed with that lad. Wagies are fucking pathetic. Everytime you tell them you don't have to work they sperg out and start calling you names.

Again, you completely missed the mark. Short term market performance has nothing to do with your ability to retire.

It does when you claim to be able to do it at the age of fucking 30 you literal lying retard.

I'm a wagie in the ghetto, I make 12 USD hourly and only barely hit 40hrs a week, then intentionally keep you under 40 hours because they dont want to pay overtime. Tell me how to escape this.

Not at all. You could invest completely in bonds and still be able to reach that point.

be not black

You just have to have enough in assets to earn, on average, more than you would spend in a year. It's not that complicated.

Basically a good mix of intelligence and luck. There really aren't easy solutions and the people claiming it are deluded or just intentionally putting you down with their stupid smug retarded attitude.

It's probably not worth it to bother trying to improve on a 34. 34 is already 99th percentile. Improving a 34 is not so much mastering the material, but learning to not making any mistakes after doing repetitive tasks for 4 hours while handling time management under pressure.

That said the grammar part is where I saw the most improvement from that book. I suck at grammar, but I used the book's strategies to make a flow chart that I could work. Where the underline relative to the structure of the text was the first step. I used a Princeton Review book, but that was a while ago.

Attached: 1544110456748.jpg (720x700, 71K)

I did this but ended up as an art major.

I'll be going back to blue collar life soon but it was a fun 4 years.

Save 50% of your income and you can retire in 20 years.
Save 66% of your income and you can retire in 10 years.

I
I>
I

>owning an apartment
You know that's not the same as owning a home, don't you?

agreed, homes are cheaper and you have to live in some shithole. You're not gonna find "homes" in the middle of the city.

this lol. the meme is irrelevant in actual 1st world countries.

Underage get out

I'm going to be earning roughly $45 hourly with just my associates from community college which cost me about $500 in total to attend after taking into account scholarships
Wasn't a meme for me

Fair enough. The reason I want to aim higher is to get a free ride scholarship to a good school, but I'm white, which diminishes my chances.

>Underage get out
No u

I make, jack shit, a year compared to others. However the cost of living is low. My drive to work is laughable, only 8 miles round trip. I'm a city dweller so to go out and get stuff is no big hassle. My house is decent and I drive a decent car (paid off). Neighborhood is nice and you can tell the people actually give a shit about there property.

But the important thing is that I save money. I don't blow it on shit or have so many bills that I stay broke. Oh did I mention that I'm married and that my wife makes decent money and that her car is paid off. She, like me, makes shit compared to others but between the both of us, we do pretty good. So while other people are bitching about oh my job sucks or my ass is deep in debt or what have you, we're just kicking back enjoying. I've worked hard for what I've got and even with no college degree I think I've done damn good.

You have to have a graduate degree to work my job at my place of employment. Uneducated people literally have zero chance to work the position even with decades of experience.

Also, assuming you're , how did you go about getting your scholarships? Did you send your ACT to the colleges you were looking to attend, or did you just apply for those ones where you write an essay?

Roommate has a complete free ride because of minority status, and I know a lot of people who have almost if not entire free rides from Pell Gramts. If your college is expensive enough that you can't fund it through those means, it's probably prestigious enough that you can find scholarship or other funding along the way.

Also if you are majoring in something marketable (I'm assuming some CS/EE since you're on Jow Forums), you can pretty easily nab a software internship and make enough money to pay back the next semester or two

Who /unemployed and unhirable/ again for 2019!!!

Everything is a meme!

A lot of these jobs vastly overstate the qualifications for them. IT is one example:

Basic pc tech (desktop support/low end support):
HR Types say -> College degree + 5 yrs ep. Reality -> Comptia A+ & common sense (can you read/write and think)

Low end Network tech (entry level)
HR Types -> Degree in Network Admin + 2 yrs of tech support
Reality -> Comptia Network+/A+ & common sense (can you read/write and think)

But since HR Types don't want to be overran with people and to make there own jobs as easy as possible they jack up the requirements

Yellow guy to black guy, your chance has dried up but you can give what strength you have left to your child so that he can escape your situation.

If you feel like you have enough youth left, take up simple, legal side hustles to supplement your income and try to make something happen with the additional income.