No 3.5mm

No 3.5mm
No buy

Attached: coco-retro-phone-anti-radiation-35mm-headset-for-smartphone-2338-800x800.jpg (800x800, 49K)

based

apple faggots btfo

Just use an adapter or Bluetooth.

This is why I didnt buy the op6t

Bluetooth is shit, and I'm not spending money on a dongle for something that can easily be included in a $1000 phone. Fuck flagships.

>Bluetooth is shit
Nope. Your Bluetooth headphone is shit.

What exactly is wrong with Bluetooth?

Attached: retro-bluetooth-handset-2.jpg (800x800, 40K)

bluetooth isnt bit-perfect and also a waste of battery

What is this bit-perfect autism you speak of?

Just bought one off eBay for 9 bucks

Attached: brainlet.jpg (900x900, 83K)

based and wirepilled

Attached: 1507898839378.jpg (896x960, 125K)

This is why I deleted Google from my life.

aptX and AAC are good enough.

>paying over $1000.00 usd for "good enough"

I didn't pay $300 for my headphones just to use a fucking dongle.

I bought a phone with a dongle and it doesn't bother me. Fuck 3.5mm, it's useless and irrelevant

it just works

Is true.

You can still use Bluetooth headset if there is a headphone jack, so it wouldn't affect you but your shilling against not only a single jack but also all the features(like radio) and accessories which would then become obsolete. You're either coping because your phone doesn't have a headphone jack or you're corporate-cock sucking faggots. I think you're insecure about your decisions and coping.

Attached: An Awesome Gallery of Smiling Cats.jpg (620x465, 59K)

How the fuck do you faggots listen to music in your car?

Security, privacy, power consumption

Attached: 4L_SKEnpYzb.png (1006x813, 73K)

>anti-radiation headset
>light is closer to ionizing radiation than radiowaves
Why is pseudoscience so common?

Attached: Fig_Lys.jpg (962x337, 41K)

>radiowaves
electrolise (You)r DNA

Oh fuck off you little twit.

Attached: IMG_7708.jpg (2016x1512, 770K)

Would 100% buy a thicc bricc with 1/4" jack

only npcs use memes

It provides inferior data transfer rates, it's subject to environmental interferences, it drains battery, and so on.

Bluetooth is only useful for devices on which you don't need great latency or sound quality. It's a trade-off between quality and ergonomic convenience.

And, as usual, Apple prioritises design over technological quality. :)

Attached: Sketch.png (718x1113, 619K)

Bluetooth 5.0 has a transfer speed of 2mb/s
Whatever comes next (bluetooth 6/5.1/whatever they'll call it) will have enough bandwidth for lossless audio files.
So sound quality will be pretty good in the near future, latency will still be a problem but only a retard would consider bluetooth in a scenario where latency is of importance.

Shit audio quality, unusably high latency.

30€ 3.5mm earbuds outperform any and every single bluetooth headset, and they don't need recharging.

Bluetooth is pure shit.

The audio quality largely depends on the DAC used inside the headphones and latency is a non-problem when you only use it to listen to music/audio books.

an adapter is less than a dollar. Fuck your stupid connector

Attached: Untitled.png (1219x742, 161K)

You realise that there is a DAC inside that adaptor, yes?
I hope you realise that said DAC is going to be pure shit at this price.

with the inbuilt radio?
its far more convinient using the knob to navigate the sd card than using the phone and killing myself in the process

boomers cant into magnitude

that's a passive adapter

its not you retard
the dac is irrelevant
they waste their budged on bluetooth and roll with shit drivers

>you nedd bit perfect audio in a compressed audio stream i.e. phone call
wow the absolute state of audiotards ladies and gentlemen

So it only works with those phones without Audio Jack that actually have a DAC built in just for USB-C?
I heard that only a few phones even have a DAC that works in this scenario.

yes

>most batteries are already garbage
>"hurr just use bluetooth!"

no, just put the fucking jack in, or your phone is not getting bought, it's as simple as that

Attached: no varg 2.jpg (480x360, 14K)

He he it would be hilarious see anyone with a hands free like this in Starbucks

Guess what, it won't work on most phones, and you can't tell just by looking at the phone, you have to look it up online.

Just use Bluetooth. This is the biggest non issue ever

I bought one of those and it's absolute shit.

The speaker and microphone are so terrible it's basically unusable.
Also the cord is way too short.

The removal of 3.5mm was done purely to force iPhone users to get proprietary adapters.

It is because post-Jobs Apple is out of ideas. They are trying to milk on the massive iGadget mindshare until the masses move elsewhere.

>I heard that only a few phones even have a DAC that works in this scenario.

True, but at least it's a standard most manufacturers have adopted now - but not Apple of course.
So most new non-Apple devices should support it.

true

normies don't care about headphone jacks, so enough people are buying phones without one

So in my case it oddly became a non issue because I use heavy duty cases. Using the headphone jack was a pain in the ass so switching to the lightning port for the headphone adapter worked out nicely. I sometimes use a USB DAC too so it was ultimately a natural progression.

Ironically iPhones have actually became THICKER since they initially eliminated the headphone jack, defeating the original point. Of course apple is a dongle company now. Devices just enable the cash flow.

Attached: headphone_dongle_0.jpg (1200x800, 34K)

That and to push the AirPods.
And also because Apple had just purchased Beets by Dr Pepper and wanted to be able to make iPhone only models of shitty overpriced fashion accessories masquerading as headphones.

Apple had legitimate, if assholish, reasons to remove the headphone jack. Everyone else? Not so much.

>just use inferior technologies

It's looking pretty clear that the S10 will be the last flagship Android with a headphone jack. As far as I know Samsung was/is the last to buck to the trend and rumor has it the S11 will finally drop it.

What happens then? Stop upgrading? Keep buying NOS S10s until the stock runs dry?

Attached: untalkative_bunny.jpg (534x399, 186K)

What? Do you have some headset that uses light to communicate with your phone?

>latency
Anyone else notice an audio lag when using Bluetooth watching a movie?

>only a retard would consider bluetooth in a scenario where latency is of importance
And what are people who care about latency supposed to do now that retard companies are removing the headphone jack?