/hpg/ - Headphone General

Lezheiser edition.

>Requesting purchase advice
https ://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Do not respond to Nikita ("009 sound worse than mid-fi").

>Previous thread

Attached: 60191462_p0.jpg (868x1228, 561K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441
onlinetonegenerator.com/hearingtest.html
audiocheck.net/testtones_highdefinitionaudio.php
audiocheck.net/audiotests_aliasing.php
sites.google.com/view/quipa/store-directory
youtu.be/PoI9aaCdvVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HD600 > any stax.

I wish I could be a cute anime girl with a headphone gf.

Attached: 1498342771235.png (895x601, 204K)

i got samsung iconx's for christmas. if all i do is listen to lofi hip hop and play hearthstone, will i be missing out?

>DT880
Treble: The headphone.

lofi hip hop just sounds worse on better headphones

AKG K702 and put together some annoying Mini XLR to 3.5mm converter and moda boom mic, or Beyer Custom Game with DT77/880 earpads, or maybe Custom Studio with moda boom mic? I need something for my loud Chinese cartoon girl music, I don't care much for bass or lows. Please send help. Or any other headphones that have a free 3.5mm port.

Attached: 1543521420331.png (336x376, 32K)

$4000 SR-009 was rated lower in blind tests than a $200 K701
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=17441

LOL, Stax headphones are literally audiophool garbage

you're missing out on better music

Custom One Pro Plus (or whatever version is cheaper) + V-Moda Boompro.
Pick the DT770 pads, the DT880 and DT990 pads seal less and make the bass on the COP non-existent.

Is the 770 the comfiest?

onlinetonegenerator.com/hearingtest.html

Stop hearing anything past 14kHz

How fucked am I?

Are there any better methods of testing?

Using some shitty 598s plugged into a scarlett solo gen 2

>I posted a picture so it must be true
Hd600 is objectively good. It's neutral, yet not totally boring. It has bass that's not punchy but sufficient and is not a treblecannon, while having beautiful mids. And paired with a good tube amp (like the darkvoice) it's been the end-game for many people in the respective music categories that they shine in.

Maybe hate a little less on headphones the white-man headphone and just stick to your chinkshit treble ear raping niggerbass headphones.

>It has bass
it does not
>chinkshit
made in germany

Attached: mud.png (296x171, 6K)

So I downloaded a 1Hz to 96kHz sweep file and in foobar I can hear up to 11-12 seconds in, and apparently 13 seconds is 20kHz, so maybe my hearing isn't that bad after all? It's so very faint at the end though.

What do I put under these if I'm just gonna use them as desk speakers

Attached: 01-elac-debut-2-0-6-2.jpg (830x467, 34K)

Link to the file? I'd like to check my hearing as well. Altough i can imagine it also depends on your headphone, so it's biased nontheless.

audiocheck.net/testtones_highdefinitionaudio.php

Hi guys, I've read the wiki but looking to see if there are any new thoughts.

I'm after a pair of earbuds, preferably not in-ear though as I gave that a go with m6 pro's and found them uncomfortable - and the little silicon sealy bits actually kept coming out every time I took the headphones off which was annoying af.

Budget probably around $100

Wait - so how does this work? It slowly fades away at 12 seconds in, and then it comes back? What am i supposed to make out of this?

>Can't hear past around 16300
Time to kill myself I guess.

>and then it comes back? What am i supposed to make out of this?

audiocheck.net/audiotests_aliasing.php

Tldr: should be completely silent. Are you using foobar? if it's not silent then you are suffering from "aliasing"

>It slowly fades away at 12 seconds in, and then it comes back?
Check the for graph for whatever headphones you're using. Otherwise maybe your ear is fucked for an x to x+n range but then it's fine after that? Is that even possible?

Isoacoustics stands

Oh wait, that's supposed to be 20khz. It's fine to stop hearing but maybe something's fucked with your setup.

Would some of that soundproofing foam be fine? Cause that's what my father uses for his ghetto ass setup.

Guess my audio system is faulty so i can't do the test properly. Maybe if i switch headphones and amp, one sec.

at exactly 12.5 seconds it starts to do that thing where it does this "aliasing" thing. But i can just about hear everything on it. I think i did something on my headphone one time too where i had to click yes or no when i heard a sound, and it actually came out as pretty fucking good. But must admit the sounds were very faint sometimes.

phone* instead of headphone*

Please send help!

Attached: 1543521580488.png (274x301, 16K)

me!

Using the moda mic with the AKGs seems like an unnecessary hassle. Either get a standalone mic and the AKGs or get the Beyers.

Whats the lowest profile desk mic possible?

They're both sissyphones so either works. Make sure to take pics with a dress and your headphones after.

Lowest profile as in "shittiest" or lowest profile as in smallest? In any case, people here have recommended the Samson Meteor and shit like that. Just look for reviews and shit.
>tfw have both
>tfw not a sissy
Feels good man

Is it true most headphones are wasted without an amp and just using onboard audio? Im an audiolet still.

Nah, a lot of headphones are fine without amps. You only really need an amp to drive high impedance stuff.

The set I wanted is only 16 ohms if thats what you meant. Some guy in the reviews said it needed an amp or it would sound like shit but maybe hes just got special ears.

>Budget: $200
>Location: USA
>Source: PC and iPhone
>Type of headphone: full sized
>Open or closed: closed
>Comfort level: I want to be able to wear them for hours and not hurt my head.
>Sound signature: Whichever makes the music sound good
>Past headphones: I’ve only ever had Apple ear buds and Astro A40s. I play games and listen to music with the A40s

low impedance output amp would work best to reduce background noise for 16 ohms or less, if its really neccecary, but just for that to get an amp? nuts.

What headphone is it? Honestly a lot of headphones won't get a difference with an amp. Just test it out first and if you don't get enough volume consider an amp.

i used 32ohm shit and even tried iem on 10ohm output amp and there wasn't any audible distorsion or whatever

Beyer Custom Game One for gaymer purposes

....What? Lol this headphone doesn't even need anywhere near amp territory. Whoever said you need an amp is probably trying to get you to waste money on snake oil.

Well im probably too much of an earlet if its true anyway. I've been fooled by gaming stuff for awhile and im just trying to slowly move my way up. I got burned by a retarded decision and probably still not sure what im after.

>Used an old Corsair Vengeance 1500 for like 4-5 years now and its falling apart
>Buy a dumb Astro A50 (returning it soon) because the ears felt comfy and I wanted a new headset
>It somehow sounds like SHIT compared to the Vengeance no matter what I change in the app, charging bay doesnt work half the time and is too tight for my big boy ears
>Plug back in the old vengeance and it sounds kino in comparison, everything is clear and crisp and loud

I dunno what im going to do. I have been researching for days now. Retailers dont let you try out shit besides a handful of big name brand gamer stuff like Razer/Steelseries I wanna avoid, but how am I supposed to know what to look for?

dt770

>Retailers dont let you try out shit besides a handful of big name brand gamer stuff like Razer/Steelseries I wanna avoid, but how am I supposed to know what to look for?

I mean some places have hifi stores and if you can find one near you might be able to test some.
Is a list of hifi stores.
sites.google.com/view/quipa/store-directory

You can also try asking here with the form like this user used.

I did and I got some good answers and narrowed it down, but ultimately people (understandably) dont like wireless, mics, etc. I think im just gonna commit to 2-3 of them and return what doesnt work.

>buy stax
>humidity changes
>die from electrocution

based op with the nikitaposting

I wouldn't bash attached mics to your headphone desu they are small and compact and do what you need them to do. Wireless is kinda meh to me.

What did you end picking as your other 2 options?

>tfw enjoying music on my 1990

Attached: 1420344884673.png (600x600, 419K)

How does one combat this if you live in a humid area?

see OP: >Do not respond to Nikita

I live in an area with a constant 85%+ humidity, would Stax do the trick or it's better to save up and get pic related?

Attached: about time.jpg (613x106, 37K)

It's just Nikita lying, I've used stax in 100%+ humidity weather and its fine.

Well a reviewer on youtube said it does that and he owns stax headphones

t. Nikita

what listen to you on your foneheads anonalona
youtu.be/PoI9aaCdvVE

Best type of headphones for this genre?
I feel like open would be best, but my closed headphones sound better. Maybe it's because my open headphones are SHP9500s a.k.a. shit.
my.mixtape.moe/vsaaow.wav

Besides the Custom Game the AKG K702 if I wanna deal with using an adapter AND the moda mic. Alternatively keep saving up for the MMX 300 or the ATH-ADG1 when they go on sale. I've discovered I need BIG comfy earpads and what you folks call 'bright' or at least neutral sound.

bullshit, I fell for the stax meme and got electrocuted on the first day which left me with permanent brain damage

I hope you kissed someone for NYE

>electrocuted
>8mA current

Does DT1990 need amplification?

>250ohm
of course it does

I don't want to buy an amp tho :(

too bad faggot, do it

>Around ear
>They dont fit around ears

Do most people just have baby ears or am I a freak?

kk

btw is there a good tube meme that isn't like 400 dollars?

what was the site that shows a list of headphones based on price, if they were open or closed, sound signature, etc., and then listed pros and cons?

scampicker

I just like to enjoy music. I understand that the 250ohms would require an amp. What’s the difference between the 80ohm and the 250ohm dt770’s?

a very meager difference in frequency response. 80 ohms is generally considered the best of the three

Do you own a pair of them?

I did for a time. I can dig up a photo for you if you want

here

Attached: MVIMG_20180830_104843.jpg (4032x3024, 3.33M)

Did you use them casually? Why don’t you have them anymore? Would you still recommend them if any of the variables in my original post were different, still the same price range of course?

I did not want a closed back headphone anymore after owning open backs. DT770 is probably the best closed back below a thousand bucks.

i literally can't find this anywhere, i'm a bit of a newfag when it comes to /hpg/ but i remember it was an actual site

>>Plug back in the old vengeance and it sounds kino in comparison, everything is clear and crisp and loud
I actually had an old Corsair headset before I got into the audio memery and it was surprisingly good.

I was being facetious. it's called canpicker

you can click on the stuff but don't buy through the amazon link, it's an affiliate/referral service (hence scampicker)

>MMX 300
Were those Beyers? Cause if they are I've had them before and they were neat. Those are basically the DT770 but with a mic.
Nope.

They are.

I have DT 990's with an o2 amp get on my treble level.

Attached: dt990.jpg (3264x2448, 1.33M)

Why does Amazon do this shit?

Attached: Whymazon.png (700x377, 27K)

cuz u mum gay

Would you buy headphones on Ebay without a box labeled new, but the person had 30k sells and 100% rating?

eww, I always knew that stax is a shitty meme

When will the russian bot realize no one reads his posts lol

he's a fucking хoхoл, ukr*ine is rightful russian soil

stax incels on suicide watch lmao

Could be a return

>using inefficient headphones.
>wasting energy.
are you retarded?

I waste as much energy as humanely possible to speed up entropy.

based and blackpilled

Does anyone know of any IEM's that are confortable to wear daily? I tried m6 pro's as recommended on here but they were shit

is this chink shit special (fx audio dac-x6) a redpilled way to get a volume knob on my desk?
>willingly getting fucked in the ears

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1000x762, 57K)