Manjaro 18.0.2!

Hi I'm Frank. I got a ThinkPad T480s a week ago, and was anxious to throw Linux on it. I hop on distrowatch, and holy crap Manjaro is killing everything! Filled with wonderment, I download it and burn it onto the ThinkPad. Just wow. What an awesome desktop distro. With Plasma KDE, it's so aesthetic I almost want to masturbate everytime I compute with it. Lightweight, beautiful, and responsive. Just like every woman I've ever wanted. Even got the LAMP stack up and running on it pretty easily.

Why aren't you using Manjaro Jow Forums?

Attached: manjaro.png (1920x1080, 687K)

because i use debian unstable(TM)
>up to date,yet stable enough to be usable
>large user base
>huge repo
>sweet .deb compatability
>no systemd flavor is available if you have autism
>just works

Shit bait

Cause OpenSuse just werks

I have used Arch for 10 years. AFAIK Manjaro is like Arch but without security updates. I see no reason to use it.

>arch
>security
its not even remotely funny

Staying with upstream is closest to secure what you can get with Linux desktop if you don't want to go through the container route.

>Why aren't you using Manjaro Jow Forums?

Tried it about 2 or three years ago. It looked amazing but that is about all it did. You only have to look at it to break it. If all you want to do is impress people with how cool it looks it is great but you will spend more time trying to fix it than actually doing anything else with it

And if you ask from me the "security" containers provide is kinda close to zero.

why has Manjaro been so heavily shilled these last few days what happened with it?

people go to distrowatch and they believe the shit they read there. They believe it is the most used distro because it is at number one but they fail to realise that it is only the most searched for distro

I think this is kinda close to the truth.

The DistroWatch Page Hit Ranking statistics are a light-hearted way of measuring the popularity of Linux distributions and other free operating systems among the visitors of this website. They correlate neither to usage nor to quality and should not be used to measure the market share of distributions. They simply show the number of times a distribution page on DistroWatch.com was accessed each day, nothing more.

Not KDE neon but good enough

As if anything in the modern era is hackable. As long as you update your O/S, don't install malware, and stay off public access points, it's almost impossible to hack anything today except for intentionally weak systems metasploitable.

People are always hacked by their own stupidity, such as having the password 'password'.

Manjaro sets the home page of firefox to it's homepage and you have to about:config to change it. I'm using it atm, but it seems like a pretty blatant attempt to game the distrowatch rankings.

>he actually believes nothing is hackable now

Attached: 1538960288715.png (1200x1080, 1.02M)

It kernel panics worse than arch ever does. I'll stick to Opensuse.

>he thinks systems with millions of lines of trusted code written in C are unhackable

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 77K)

I don't use it because you're gay

Manjaro Openbox break all the time, the i3 version works okay but too much shit. Decided to install arch with all the shit i need, took me a while to figure out to make everything work as I needed but it was a great experience.
Just be sure to have access to the wiki if something ever breaks, also do not install Japanese fonts, they memed my system lol.

Anyways happy new year.

Because it boots for a fucking minute if im not mashing buttons due to lack of rng enthropy.

niggas, I could put this Manjaro box in the DMZ, give you nerds the public IP, and you wouldn't be able to do shit except maybe fuzz the fuck out of it and cause a process to crash.

Not OP but maybe you should give it another shot nowadays. I used it as main OS on my shitposting laptop for three or four months now and I can't really think of anything that needed fixing so far.

Mine it's better

Attached: Screenshot_20190101_122906.png (2560x1440, 2.49M)

Literally no reason to use Lunix over BSD.

I'm not a raging homosexual, that's why.

t. hetero tranny

Dew it. Would be kinda funny to see.

that's a big terminal

because i can just do pacman -Suy