Why haven't you disabled Intel ME backdoor yet?

EXPLAIN YOURSELVES RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1538722993159.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L8jqGOgCy5M
youtu.be/lR0nh-TdpVg
youtu.be/rYE9UgmVrfU
youtube.com/watch?v=08WO7u3WqLI&t=195s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but how do i do this

Attached: 1544662457859.jpg (480x454, 33K)

nothing to hide, nothing to fear

Attached: 1537244572781.jpg (398x500, 23K)

I don't use intel.

>disable
yeah sure

Enjoy your all of your details being sent to israel

>crappy Jow Forums roleplaying

Attached: ea9e130fd86e9e23394611f337bceea4--sad-anime-girl-manga-girl.jpg (700x988, 78K)

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Attached: UniversalTruths.jpg (756x275, 41K)

lmao just buy amd

LARP

I already did.

Attached: 19-113-284-04.jpg (1280x960, 99K)

Open up your computer and rip it out, nothing else you need to know. ;)

>i5 is soldered onto board

Attached: groans_of_increasing_discomfort.gif (291x244, 1.88M)

I have an AMD CPU.

>runs below the OS
>has full access to tcp/ip
huh?

youtube.com/watch?v=L8jqGOgCy5M

>he actually trusts them when they say it's soldered
user....

ME has it's own processing chip

That bit only really applies to the intel LAN and wifi cards.

It has a separate processor that can view the memory

What damn truth?
The truth that you can only make people scared of the Intel ME by mouthing off about what the ME can do rather than hard evidence that PCs have been in any way broken into just by the ME”s existence

Explanation, never heard about it

Attached: 1540877505591.png (617x793, 94K)

So where's the equivalent of AMD hardware backdoors? Cuz Intel has been cucked for years.

Am I save with AMD

You know why jews have big noses?
It's because the air is free

there are most definitely AMD backdoors, but intel is gay so fuck them
also I'm never selling my core 2 duo lmao

Regardless of what hacks have occurred and can occur, IME should not exist on consumer hardware. I can understand making a platform that includes it, but distributing yet another liability and vulnerability to the masses is a big mistake.
AMD has PSP in the newer models (past Bulldozer I think). It doesn't have networking, so it surely isn't as bad, but we know even less about it.

Anything I can do?

What's the reason for the ME to exist and have this functionality if it does not serve a purpose to be used against the owners authority?

Exactly. It is inherently nefarious and the fact that a company spend millions developing it shows nefarious intentions.

I'm not sure if ryzen is COMPED, but I know FX didn't have any of this ME stuff

Based.

buy chinese cpu

>but I know

Attached: 1525375892151.jpg (640x607, 94K)

>trust me guys I was a janitor at intel

If you are all so concerned about the intel management engine then why are you running computers in EFI or UEFI mode? That poses more of a risk to your security since whatever the intel ME can do, so can access via EFI. In fact if anyone wanted access to your computer remotely, it would make more sense to access it via the UEFI interface rather than the intel ME, as it would be easier and requires no expensive proprietary software

I don't because my system doesn't support it. We are concerned about EFI and whatnot, but there is a whole lot to be concerned today. One could write a series of books on what shouldn't exist and what should be improved on in the computing sector only. That doesn't mean we should give up on everything because we hit upon something we cannot solve.

>disabled Intel ME backdoor
lol implying

I think televisions have always been able to spy on you. Even the old black & white sets with the goofy aerials. This is nothing new.

True, but since there is nothing you can do about it and since the ME was in fact designed to work with vPro then there is less to worry about than UEFI, since UEFI is universal and exists whatever manufacturer creates the chipset. Intel ME only works on intel chipsets

>odins eye
lol this was an ok meme

Perhaps, but how would the process the data?

Attached: 1512029493088.jpg (516x519, 18K)

It is a fact that the electrons bombarding the old CRT's could be used to actually create a moving image of the room in which the television was located. The manipulation of the electrons and the way they interacted with the surrounding objects was quite scary when used in surveillance

because that's the least of the basket case that is intel's cpu

youtu.be/lR0nh-TdpVg
youtu.be/rYE9UgmVrfU

and all the dozens of security vulnerabilities

>It is a fact that the electrons bombarding the old CRT's could be used to actually create a moving image of the room in which the television was located
[citation needed]

Because I'm afraid of ruining my 1231v3 :(

Have it disabled on my trannyboot x200's though.

The Intel ME is there on all CPU lines as a way to remote manage PCs as not all businesses are going to be using Xeons or spend a fuckton for motherboards with management ICs
It’s shitty that the Intel ME exists in its form and it would be really nice if intel was at least transparent about it but I personally am not going to let what is almost FUD dictate my computing. There is a hell of a difference between what can potentially happen vs what has actually happened and in these threads there is nothing but discussion about what can happen and that is only if speculation about spying is actually right

The issue persists among all manufacturers of x86 CPUs.

This just sounds like excusing the man.

>Businesses need high end functionality for their equipment
>Don't want to pay for it
>Make cheaper commercial products with hardware backdoors so business can remote access without authentication their own computers
>"""Civilians""" have no need for this functionality whatsoever but we'll put it there anyways
>Businesses keep my server CPU's
Entire Intel population now has a way to have their computers remotely accessed at any time without their permission.
>There's no evidence of nefarious uses so it musn't be true

You're a fucking kekmeister aren't you? This is some truly stupid faith you have in people who literally think of you as fucking dirt that makes them wealthy.

>runs below the OS
>can access webcam and microphone
Fake and gay

it's true, Google was furious when they found out themselves

It is because of this exact thinking that we have these shitty threads. Data mining, backdoors, you name it. People don't care, so anyone can put a huge probe in their anus without being noticed. But hey, at least you didn't pull the 'nothing to hide' card.

You’re gonna have to explain to me how that’s possible because I don’t understand

Seperate processor that can access everything indiscriminately

ME is basically another chip on your motherboard that contains a CPU that runs the backdooar all the time, and it has access to everything on your motherboard

But how could it access the webcam? Does it also have access to all the (OS specific) drivers required to use it?

They create software that allows it to use OS formatted memory, and it just uses the drivers of the host OS. It's MINIX

Well, if it can read and write to the data of the operating system's driver, then it could inject commands. I don't know if all hardware does this, but video cards have a "command ring" which is a circularly linked list of commands in shared memory between the card and the cpu. If the ME could determine where the command ring is, then it could certainly add commands to it without the main CPU.

I don't have it but have ASF disabled

>Entire Intel population now has a way to have their computers remotely accessed at any time without their permission.
This is the type of FUD I’m talking about. There must be some real magical shit in this intel me that allows the NSA/mossed/etc to just spy on anyone they please, it’s doubly impressive that they have been doing this for 10 years trough this elusive ME system without discovery

>>There’s no evidence of nefarious uses so it musn't be true

>You're a fucking kekmeister aren't you? This is some truly stupid faith you have in people who literally think of you as fucking dirt that makes them wealthy.
There is a lot of shit that we put stupid faith into, it’s damn near everything we do. Why is computing so different?

>But how could it access the webcam? Does it also have access to all the (OS specific) drivers required to use it?
which part of it has access to everything don't you understand?

This sounds retarded. Jow Forums don't fall for this so easily. I hate Israel and the Jews as much as the next guy, but this makes no sense.

Have you read the actual snowden leaks?

As far as I can tell, this sort of thing originates from server ILO tech. Because servers tend to be located in remote data centres, they tended to have a small management computer which could remotely reboot or reinstall the os.

Originally this was done with a separate network interface, but they figured out it'd be cheaper to have it a built-in chip that could access the existing network interface.

Anyway, the ME can demonstrably access the network interface, reset switch and mock up of a disk drive. That's the point.

No, I just know Minix can't "access your webcam"

What about shared hosting? cloud hosting? Intel doesn't care about data on virtual machines? how does Intel ME enters a virtual machine? how does Intel ME enters my BSD Jail?

>I just know Minix can't "access your webcam"
why not?
it's not like it takes a lot of resources to have a usb stack and generic drivers which work with most basic webcams
just as an example, you can use webcams in openwrt on devices with fuck all storage space (not minix, but that's beside the point)

AMD have their equivalent

youre glowing in the dark, faggot

k, send me your credit card and bank details user.

my thinkpad was slated to have a ME blob remover, but some tranny took over the project and it's never coming out.

At least put in some effort before just calling someone a cia nigger because you have no argument

Because computers have highly sensitive information regarding almost every single detail of your entire life. Having your phone on you, and having it be accessed by somebody else is essentially allowing another person to play God.

To have every detail of your private life, all or your buying power and purchasing history all be accessible by somebody else, everything you say out loud heard by somebody else, everything your webcam sees is seen by somebody else, everything you say type or two all used to make complex profiles on you and your family for the intent of: what? I'm well aware it's not a physical person that has access to this data, or rather they do have access to the data but don't access it because lack of manpower. But once they set their servers to flag whatever arbitrary words phrases or actions and you become a target, there could be serious consequences.

You sit idly by while saying "I have nothing to hide" yet you don't understand the point you're making and the decision you make for the rest of us. You DO have things to hide. Your secrets and your fetishes. Your banking info. Your personal viewpoints.

If everything is known about you, you don't have control. It's called a vulnerability. And it's hard programmed into your computer. And you don't see anything wrong with this?

Libreboot? You know you can use deblobed versions of coreboot, user. Besides, I thought the fag steps down from libreboot and other people are in charge now.

use AMD FX or older or Core2 or older
Alternately, use a RISC CPU

coreboot doesn't satisfy my autism

The Core 2 chips are awesome, but the FX will perform like a dual quad core xeon workstation from that era and use less power.

so what if i run a POWER machine and emulate an x86 cpu, and run windows inside a vm on linux. will i be safe while also not drawing suspicion?

coreboot is 1000x better than efi while being 99% as good as libreboot

god damn i fucking hate autists

yea i used core2 up until a few months ago and am on fx now on my desktop. my file server, media server, and laptop are all core2 still tho

Nice, my laptop is still a Latitude E6400 2.66 C2D, and my desktop used to be a Q6600.

>x200 with trannyboot and ME removed

Attached: alpha.jpg (222x216, 7K)

You still have failed to provide any evidence that the ME system is actually collecting any that info listed above
If you want to make a general discussion about data collection fine but that would be a very short discussion because we know data is being collected anywhere there is no denying that since we can actively see it happening but to sit there and say toss all of your hardware because something can do this and I said so isn't good enough.
It's real easy to tell someone to toss there smartphones because of data collection or privacy issues because we have documented cases but with shit like the PSP or ME there isn't any cases yet and you can't make a case with insinuations

They inject code into your OS. They can do whatever they want after that.

I imagine the hardest part would be getting the ME network access, to receive the payload. Unless they subtly compromise every system so no payload is required. And that does seem less likely.

Because I'm not fucking retarded to use Intel.

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

Post your address please

>I'm not fucking retarded to use Intel.

Attached: IXYwFj6.png (434x434, 162K)

wrong
AMDs AGESA allows for complete disabilitation

[citation needed]

read about PSP, tard

Good one. Good to see you have no evidence to support your claim.

Based AMD.

I don't think the option in uEFI for disabling PSP is actually disabling it "completely", since it's needed for the x86 cores to start up (since they use the ARM core for firmware malware checking and whatnot). But it's non-networked and if you do disable it via the uEFI option, CTS Labs did say it's shut down after the x86 cores start up.

Proof? All benchmarks I can find show Piledriver beating Core 2 Quad.

If you look at 3:35, his 8 core LGA 771 Xeon mac pro 2,8 gets 597, my stock FX8350 scores 650 at stock clocks, even if he had the top end 3.2GHz 8 core mac pro, I score 725 on cinebench with a mild 4.5GHz OC.

youtube.com/watch?v=08WO7u3WqLI&t=195s

Attached: 4.5GHz 1866 bench.png (418x720, 50K)

and that's a 8 core Xeon and not a C2D or even C2Q
worse than intel shills are poor intel shills stuck with old hardware

What's funny is people will still call an FX CPU a housefire when the high end LGA 771 quad cores had a 150w TDP and were $1000 each

>MUH BLOATED INSTRUCTION SET
Yeah sure kiddo. Let's see you do float or vector calculations with a bunch of freaking mov instrcutions. Protip: all those instructions exist for a reason. It's not like Intel was sitting around on their thumbs going "gee what random instruction should we implement into our chips today". I don't think any of you fags even fucking realize how much slower your computers would be if the large variety of instructions were never implemented.

Indian Shakti RISC-V processor won't have any backdoors
India superpower by 2020

Attached: risc-v-logo-x-120.jpg (120x107, 3K)

But there is some bloat. For example, Intel introduced an instruction for speeding up video encoding, only to have the majority of codec vendors decide not to use it because it didn't fit in with their preferred algorithm. They have to keep supporting it as part of the legacy, even if it's practically unused.

The problem with you kids is that you don't realize

a) They already have all that. You have given that info multiple times to them in various ways willingly (even if you managed to hack away from some of those backdoors)

b) If they target you, you are fucked. No "I hacked my m/b" is going to save you.

>Shakti RISC-V

Attached: 1511924631613.jpg (576x396, 112K)