Vs

vs

Attached: europoor sword.jpg (728x1076, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanbatō
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GLORIOUS NIPPON STEEL

Attached: nippon steel.jpg (728x1076, 98K)

daily reminder that the only thing the katana was good for was cutting down poor unarmed unarmored unshielded and captured pesants and farmers

Attached: giorno.jpg (750x601, 128K)

That's anti-Japan bullshit. The Samurai had OP long katanas that they used horseback to kill everyone.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanbatō

Small bepis burger opinion = Discarded

Attached: Smugggggggggg.jpg (247x204, 7K)

you samurai wannabe
they'd use naginatas and glaves like 99% of the time on horseback
you're going into my cringe compilation

Attached: yep you're going in the cringe compilation.jpg (640x432, 62K)

no sword is meant for armored opponents you retard, you use either a spear, impact weapon, or grappling dagger for that

longswords could be used against armored foes if it had to. much more versitle, heavier (making it useful to bludgeon) and had a pointed tip (stabbing in the chinks of the armor).
the katana has less weight, no pommel or crossguard or an effective stabbing point.
though you're right, maces, lances, poleaxes and glaves were more used than swords for this purpose.

Attached: 4cfb03c5db84ca55e4bea3c206e5ecea--medieval-swords-medieval-fantasy.jpg (236x351, 26K)

Lol look at all the seething anti-Japan spergs. Why do you Nazi losers think that the Japanese soldiers didn't use shields? Use your brains. It's because they'd only be on the way when facing against a trained katana user.

Attached: Smugggg.jpg (300x168, 8K)

what is rasengan and kamehame?
holy shit this board's iq

yeah I feel like using the pommel would be a massive disadvantage in any situation, it would have to be a very well timed strike to do anything but expose yourself
though thrusting I suppose would work well enough, assuming you can land a clean, square thrust onto what would likely either be chainmail or gambeson

>katana weebs
>sword cucks
>axe reachlets
I think you all suck

Attached: lue.jpg (400x335, 16K)

Hammers are clunky and heavy. Also you could easily break your wrist if you hit armor the wrong way. Very unpractical

Attached: Smuggg.jpg (223x227, 6K)

use a polehammer, that problem is solved and you have a much more capable weapon

Very retarded post

thats why you use lucerne and not meme hammers

gun>sword

Attached: 1336384466583.jpg (299x288, 23K)

stick a piece of explosive to blow up the armor

What the fuck is this selfserving jap shit?

Attached: 3f40421d3fcda54a23f063a6cdb59f8f.jpg (236x314, 22K)

you grab the sword by the blade (you have chain or leather gloves) and you use the cross guard and pommel to bludgeon the enemies. it was surprisingly effective
pure cringe is what it is

are we getting played with all the smug reaction images?

Attached: esidsi anger.jpg (680x794, 227K)

but the pommel is the only way to end someone rightly

I’m not a weeb but from my understanding katanas were two-handed weapons and rarely used. Mainly used for ceremonial purposes and status based on their quality. The shorter swords(forget the name, tanto or some shit) were used on a more day-to-day basis i.e. cutting down peasants. They’d only whip out the katana for a duel or if the other swords were broken

Attached: 754B669A-BE6C-4406-9A97-5DC2C0710D78.jpg (300x352, 43K)

generally from my limited understanding that was it but fucking weebs treat it like an ancient lightsaber or some shit

Attached: IMG_1646.jpg (503x354, 66K)

Yes but regardless of it's effectiveness you are still closing distance that your opponent probably wouldn't need to as most men well off enough to afford a full harness would probably be using a sword only as a sidearm, most likely opting instead for a polearm as their primary weapon

correct but I believe the treaty that meme is in reference to advises unscrewing the pommel and hurling it at the disabled opponents skull or brainstem

Tru. The way they were smelted is more complex than euro swords which is probably why. Longswords still have more durability so it doesn’t even matter

Attached: 676B4A89-B5D7-4BDE-B761-6049ABCF7456.jpg (599x424, 81K)

people lose their primary weapons you know. usually it would be man at arms and knights that would train how to use their sword to be maximum effect so they wouldn't be helpless if their mace, lucerne or poleaxe broke/was lost
i literally know nothing about the metaulurgy or exactly how they were smelted so i cant contest whether the technique was more advance or not but it was more thorough. Not because they wanted to be tho, its because the iron quality of japan was such shit but rare they had to spend lots of time on their good swords.

oh yeah good point

The older swords were of a decent quality up until the industrial revolution. Sword makers fell out of style because the time to create a sword was inefficient and the shogun were outlawed and most older katanas were hidden or destroyed. Even before industry japanese swords weren’t as durable as european makes, the curve is too difficult to perfect and most swords weren’t very good

Attached: 732B5364-FF05-4BD0-9D7A-AFD0EF574FAD.jpg (289x288, 69K)

I'm not surprised some viking poster is making fun of superior Japanese weapons. The Norse were after all just seaniggers who made living by murdering, plundering and raping and lived in European version of mudhuts, lol

Attached: smug face.jpg (500x500, 54K)

Source? I have no horse in this race but am genuinely curious

shut up gay

ive heard something like this. WW2 katanas were cheap and shitty cerimonial pieces but idk if that means they lost the art of swordmaking or they just didnt bother giving every officer a good blade