Used on a third of web servers

>Used on a third of web servers
>Smoothly transitions Windows users to GNU/Linux
>Just Werks
>Easily Debotnetted
What would you faggots need to approve of this distro?
A legal privacy statement and no systemd?

Attached: ubuntu.jpg (1600x1200, 124K)

Yes. Now you've got the answer, fuck off

apt remove xtrans-dev

it has an african nigger name, and Jow Forums told to hate niggers

told me*

>use package manager
>install software
>It's 3 years old, out of date and filled with bugs

Fuck Ubuntu

Unity sucked, whatever they switched to sucks more. And their snaps, why? What's the point of snaps?

Sandboxing, cross compatibility and more up to date software

I'm trying to install it on a latitude RIGHT NOW and it refuses to recognize the wifi adapter, either built in or the cheapo chinese USB adapter I have.

Install KDE Neon. It's based on Ubuntu and it just werkz. Also, I run OpenBSD on 2 different Dell Latitudes and they both work fine.

how the fuck do I install it? I'm trying to figure out how to install the iso onto a USB with a linux machine, I thought you said it werks?

should I install 18.10 or 18.04 on my laptop?

>What would you faggots need to approve of this distro?
purge ubuntu-desktop

>A legal privacy statement and no systemd?
Exactly this.

>I am so thick that I cannot install a different desktop environment and use that with ubuntu

LIAR !

Attached: serveimage.jpg (704x396, 35K)

>xtrans-dev
?

Won't install, runs into some bios problem when trying to boot off install usb.

>>Easily Debotnetted
I shouldn't have to de-botnet a Linux distro at all, it should respect my privacy by default. In other words Canonical shouldn't know anything about my usage of Ubuntu or even that I ever installed it unless I go out of my way to tell them that I did. If you want to do OPT-IN data collection, sure, be my guest, but opt-out is never, ever acceptable.

Debian does not have this problem, btw. The only data collection is the popcon package-usage survey, and, importantly, it defaults to "off" in the installer. The Debian project only has any information at all about what you do with their distro if you actively choose to tell them, unlike with Canonical, who tried to cut a deal with Amazon to spy on you.

I hate that they're trying to push everyone onto snaps/flatpaks because they don't want to maintain their repos anymore (not that they do a good job of that currently)

Because Mint is better and has all those same perks anyway

Does Cononical actually make money?

that's the only purpose of snaps and flatpaks, actually. Distro maintainers don't want to bother with their jobs, and app developers want to use some broken-ass four-year-old library code and don't want to have to deal with the competent distros upgrading that shared library and thereby making them fix their shit.

its the latest in a long line of attempts to reimplement the worst things about windows on linux.

apt-get purge CoC

because Linux is not a serious desktop OS, but something to play with/rice
Ubuntu just werks, which defeats the purpose for NEETs to use Linux in the first place.

what's the deal with loonyx and inability to just install software?

Gnome 3 dies and they go back to opt-in instead opt-out, also the amazon thing.
Snaps was the one half-baked thing that is "right", having the same shit across multiple platforms at least brings some of this fucking fragmentation back together.

>t. nigger

Do you want a dead OS in 6 months?

Ditch Gnome on vanilla Ubuntu and replace it with something like Mate or XFCE.

wat. you got it all wrong. 18.04 is going to last 10 years, while 18.10 will only be supported until July 2019. an "install and forget" solution would be 18.04.

>systemd
>Easily Debotnetted
Glow in the dark detected.

They're not getting paid to maintain the software.

So... Basically turn it into xubuntu....

18.10 for better battery life because of the more recent kernel. It's a must if you have a laptop with Nvidia Optimus because 18.04 breaks switching video card.

What are these competent distros and whats their marketshare in enterprise/business environment?

I already approve, personally. I don't speak for Jow Forums, but I'm running Ubuntu as the only OS on my macbook air, and secondary OS on my gaymen laptop and it runs very well. I also like that they've added the option during installation to only install the desktop environment, Firefox and dependencies and nothing else. Being given the option to choose what gets installed on my system is pretty much the only reason I'd consider a different distro, as I give zero fucks if the packages on my system are old so long as they're stable.

> 18.10
Newer drivers/software support/less stable(still ok)
You'll need to update to 19.04 when it comes out.
> 18.04
Older drivers/older software/more stable
You could keep it till 22.04 or just 20.04