How long until adobe port their shitty bloated suite to ubuntu?

How long until adobe port their shitty bloated suite to ubuntu?

That's literally 90% of the reason people don't move to linux.

Attached: 1521564031169.png (402x398, 126K)

>That's literally 90% of the reason people don't move to linux.
No, not at all. The reason is that most people don't like installing operating systems. That's all. Linux didn't become the number one mobile platform based on quality, it was because the vast majority of phones adopted it and have it installed on their phones by default.

DESU that's the reason I still use windows. My pc cannot handle dual boot and I need Photoshop and illustrator.

Oh, so "people" just referred to you and your use case?

when you ask people why they don't install linux, they will literally use the adobe suite as excuse 90% of the times.

You aren't asking "90% of people" on Jow Forums. You're asking gamers looking for an excuse to use Windows without being laughed at because they play with toys. The real 90% of people who do not, by and large, use Jow Forums, use Windows because it came installed on their computer.

you're still missing the point.

when I explain Ubuntu to people, they always ask if photoshop runs on it.

And they make up 90% of people? Because a very low percentage of people use Adobe's products in the overall market of Windows and MacOS users.

most normalfags always cite some adobe product as their main reason to not switch to ubuntu.

I don't think that is true and I have seen no evidence for such a claim.

ask people why they don't switch to ubuntu then.

Adobe is mandatory for almost anything multimedia, graphic design, illustration, youtubers, illustrators, game artists, publishers, etc.

>ask people why they don't switch to ubuntu then.
I wouldn't use that as the example, since it is awful. But I ask people why they don't switch to GNU and the majority are unaware it even exists.

I literally mention after I explained then what is linux.

they always will ask if adobe suite runs, or FL studio, or Microsoft Office, or minecraft, always.

Well, maybe you only speak to little kids, since they're the only ones who care about youtube and video games. Most people just use a web browser and an email client. Maybe they even use their web browser for email. I have a lot more to do with people over 50, and they probably wouldn't even know that Photoshop is a specific program.

old people can't even use PC and they only use smarphones now.

That is not true.

old people don't care about PC.

They always ask about smartphones now.

Not in my experience.

you're just moving the goalpost.

Adobe suite is like 90% of the reasons people don't drop windows.

>you're just moving the goalpost.
How so? Do you know what that means?
>Adobe suite is like 90% of the reasons people don't drop windows.
I have not seen a shred of evidence to support this claim and Adobe's user figures seem to contradict it.

Ask people IRL.

beyond adobe, FL studio and AAA games, what other reason people has to use windows (at least for normies)?

ITT: two autists repeating the same 2 points in different words

>anything multimedia, graphic design, illustration, youtubers, illustrators, game artists, publishers
This is not 90% of people

Attached: 363903B1-78A7-41C5-B412-99D1C65BFD8F.jpg (228x215, 11K)

>Ask people IRL.
I have.
>beyond adobe, FL studio and AAA games, what other reason people has to use windows (at least for normies)?
Because they don't know an alternative, won't or can't install a new operating system, or want to stay with what is familiar.

How long until adobe port their shitty bloated suite to:
>Windows version < 10 Creators update (version 1703 or later)
theres more at play here than appealing to 'minority' market segments user

Attached: 1024px-Adobe_CEO_Shantanu_Narayen[1].jpg (1024x768, 127K)

why can't someone just leak the code and make open source adobe software

>open source
I would prefer free.

open source is free
code is open
it is free
CODE IS IN THE OPEN

free as in freedom motherfucker

Not really, people used to say the same about video games and Steam.
Yet even though there's now thousands of games you can play on Linux the market share is still minuscule.
Adobe is just another excuse for people who don't want to use Linux, when Adobe eventually ports their software they'll find some other reason why they can't move to Linux even though they "really want to".

why do they do this

Attached: 1538106450983.png (728x527, 116K)

stallman, lose weight bloatfag

>adobe
Runs fine in wine.
>FL studio
Runs perfectly in wine
>AAA game
A lot run perfectly with proton.

No, open source is only one aspect of free software.

Actually Excel is way more popular than that shitty editor. The older versions works fine in wine/proton, so seems like you should check somewhere else the reason why Linux don't have more desktop users.

The newest version of photoshop has a silver rating and runs fine. You don't need an old version.

absolutely fucking never. if they were to consider another platform it'd either be android or web, and that's assuming people actually started to give a shit about chromebooks

open source doesn't mean free (beer or libre)
it is possible for something to be open source and non-free at the same time

This is the same Adobe that, as of killing Business Catalyst in 2018, stood by the position that Chrome is never used in businesses.

After 2010, office became garbage.

told
though this is probably the rational of someone working at adobe too

Because they are fickle and do not want to step out of their comfort zones. Not to mention the average joe schmoe could care less about having to make their desktops look aesthetically pleasing, I mean let's face it guys. Out of the box, a lot of desktops aren't really appealing in the Linux world. It took me months of going through shitty community made themes for KDE5 to finally find one I like.

Actually adobe have released software for linux and it was proprietary (and shit since it's adobe).

Yes, they have a lot of software available for Android, I've seen.

I mean the flash and the abandoned pdf reader.

They are being nice by dealing with your autism while you go on a little rant that makes you sound off.

looks like i got told instead happy new year

MacOS has adobe shit and it’s unix

This isn't about Unix.

Wrong. This has been shot to pieces so many times, I'm not going to bother further.

Attached: 1426390486933.gif (280x210, 1.41M)

/thread

Attached: 1439710047999.jpg (474x352, 29K)