Welcome to /iemg/ - The In-Ear Monitor General

>Budget
>Location
>Source
>Type of IEM (over ear, hanging)
>Comfort level
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

It's 2019, why don't you own several IEMs?

Attached: 20180822_163940.jpg (1600x1200, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-VL2QwN9gHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jyRwhSXgSr0
youtu.be/JAdahnpez_Y?t=620
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7szpqm/199_minidsp_ears_vs_judes_gras_a_quick_comparison/dt9pm7d/
imgur.com/2gvAefX
youtu.be/jyRwhSXgSr0?t=2112
blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=gre_nada&logNo=221407815438
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1545874541226.jpg (623x916, 86K)

Oh and featured IEM: TRN v80

don't you ever get tired of pretending that whatever new chifi is the absolute best sound quality you can get? i mean it happens nearly every month where you all realize that whatever you were hyping up just isn't that amazing the second something new rolls around, doesn't it get old after a while? the endgame giants are giants because they really are that good in the end

Attached: 1372390166934.jpg (1280x720, 431K)

I got Revonext QT 2 over Tinaudio T2 because audiobudget said something about modding it and people with sensitive hearing might disliking it. I probably wouldn't even hear the difference between them since I'm plebian when it comes to audio, but I feel at unease now.

It's not like we are blowing thousands of dollars. Most of us here spend no more than $30

>Budget
$500
>Location
Australia
>Source
Bluetooth, I want wireless
Don't care
>Comfort level
Hurt me Daddy
>Sound signature
Bass
>Past IEMs
KZ SZ5, xiaomi pistons

custom with mmcx.

>It's 2019, why don't you own several IEMs?
im in love with mh755 right now.
it's very comfy and compact, compared to my typical over ear chinks.
now i want mdr mdrex15ap

Never saw iem threads till like a month ago
Is this a new technology or something

>ordered comply ear tips to my apartment
>amazon already delivered it
>delivery guy left it at my front door without taking my signature
>sent a picture of my front door as proof
>still at my parents' house for christmas for another week
RIP comply ear tips. Do you think amazon will send me another pair for free?

> just ordered ve monk plus

is itt a good iem Jow Forums?

good for its kind, bad for an iem.

that's not an IEM

>Budget
$50-$100
>Location
Philippines
>Source
iphone (it would be nice if I can change the cable to a lightning one but not really necessary)
>Type of headphone
iem
>Comfort level
average
>Sound signature
neutral
>Past IEMs
some apple stuff

Attached: 1518720222251.png (258x194, 31K)

>Budget
$100
>Location
US
>Source
Headphone port on laptop
Doesn't matter
>Comfort level
Doesn't matter
>Sound signature
Balanced maybe? What would be best for EDM, classical, Youtube videos and gaming?
>Past IEMs
-$1 earbuds from Walmart
Surprisingly OK. More than acceptable.
-$1 earbuds from Aliexpress
Extremely bad. Like listening to a song through a can.

-Sony MDRxb50ap in ear earphones. $30
These Sony earphones are pretty good. The bass is crazy good. Miles better than the $1 walmart ones. But the problem is I feel the Sony ones are only noticeably more clear than the $1 ones. Nothing that blew me away, and I wonder if I can get something else for a little more money that would impress me better?
Is it just because its an extreme bass heavy sound signature and that just doesn't suit my listening habits?
I'm thinking about returning these and trying something else that is a little more expensive.

mh755 with recable.
or etymotic.
>edm
mh755 should be perfect, but se215 is good too.

How do you deal with the loudness of friction in your ear?

>mom
get her a tfz
>cheap
kz hd9
>friction
i suppose it's cable microphonic,
wrap the cable over your ear.

>mh755 with recable
how to

Trn v80 or yinyoo v2 gen3? Neutralfag here

use a knife to split the mh755 housing
resolder the new cable.
put it back together
profit.

mh755 didn't use any glue on its housing, so it's perfectly fine.
i've seen many people putting mmcx and two pin on it, but i think that's risky becaus it's changing the housing cavity and seal.

>Neutralfag
mh755

I think what he's saying is that it adds up

What's the cheapest hanging, non-overear IEM on Aliexpress that doesn't sound like shit? My mom needs earphones and she breaks them all the time so I'm getting her like 10 of them so she can go through all of them and not worry about ordering more.

Again, I don't want to get her the ones that wrap around her ears. I want the normal ones she can insert directly into her ear and hang from there. Like pic related.

Those are a no-go for my mom. She just wants IEMs that hang normally, not the musician-style over ears.

Attached: a9boz0ioit7cdmcwzdmy.jpg (620x620, 20K)

t110,ath clr100, mdr ex15lp/ap

I've heard good things about the monk ones

I hate the J cabling shit

youtube.com/watch?v=-VL2QwN9gHQ

THE HYPE IS REAL.

Throw away all your 200$ sets of iems and get THESE

THEEEEESE

50$
Balkan
Wires
Dont care
Dont care
Phillips meme ones for 10$

hewp

>I've heard good things about the monk ones
she would hate those. she wants ones that actually go inside her ears.

and the panasonic ergofit

Go on aliexpress and look up "cable protectors"
it takes 3 of them to wrap a pair of headphones totally. Only cost like 80 cents for 3

They are long pieces of coiled plastic that you wrap around cords.
I've turned $1 headphones that only lasted my 1-2 months into 6-12 month headphones.
The coils stiffen up the cord and protect the wire most importantly at the headphone jack.

Also, get a soldering iron and replacement headphone jacks and fix them.
Almost always they get fucked up where the wire meets the jack.

It's noise of friction in the cable transferring to my ear, try lightly touching part of the cable close to your ear you'll see.

>t110,ath clr100, mdr ex15lp/ap
none of those seem that cheap. i was hoping for more of a bargain, and I don't think those sonys are worth 17 dollars.

Are the V80 good? I watched many reviews some said they were good and others like clavinetjunkie said they were bad. i tend to trust his reviews more as many of the iems i bought that are said to be good, were actually shit in the end and when I found him i was relieved, as i wasn't the only one who thought like that. Or should i just buy the bgvp dm6 and be done with it?

>THE HYPE IS REAL.
don't forget there are bunch of fakes.

Moondrop Crescent

nah, not mh755s. they are too odd to be counterfeited. mh755s are perfection embodied.

no, some ebay seller sell them without proper SN.
maybe there is company in china that still producing mh755, like shp9500(philips stated it discontinued, but it is still available at ali)
check this so it's $30 now? last week i got two of it for $8

What are some nice, sturdy, comfy and cheap (less than 50 euro) IEMs to buy my mom for when she goes jogging.?

>Are the V80 good? I watched many reviews some said they were good and others like clavinetjunkie said they were bad.
Clavinetjunkie says the KZ ATE are the best KZ he's heard but he's never heard the ZS3 which are universally praised by many people in the IEM world as the best cheap IEM KZ has ever offered.

I'm good.

Attached: shurese846dragonflyred.jpg (2016x1512, 1.28M)

Moondrop Crescent

Clavinetjunkie said in his AS10 review that he's about to post his Crescent review and he can't decide if the mh755s sound better than it or not.

Retards think iems are good for listening to their shitty Chinese mp3 players.

yep. Mh755 are end game.

mh755 is objectively better than almost anything.
sad there is no crescent measurement data to compare.

>Mh755 are end game.
It's probably going to be replaced by the Moondrop Crescent

>sad there is no crescent measurement data to compare.
Clavinetjunkie is about to post his review on Youtube

I was talking about the trn v80 but now that you mentioned KZ, i got the ZSN for shits and giggles it only cost me 13 bucks so i thought whatever when i bought them. How do they compare to the ZS3?

Yeah probably, Clavinejunkie is spot on and by far the best reviewer out there right now. It's so sad no one appreciates him.

youtube.com/watch?v=jyRwhSXgSr0

He sounds like he's about to commit suicide on new years because Zeos is stealing his thunder and he doesn't get the appreciation he demands/deserves. He's trying his absolute best and he's the Tyll of iems and this generation but brain dead idiots who don't understand measurements and don't appreciate proper sound demos are the large majority in this community. I'm glad he's going to review the Moondrop Crescent and herald them as the new king because they absolutely deserve that spot.

Bassier. The ZS3 is considered KZ's most accurate, most neutral IEM that still has some bass to it.

it's hard to say that there is too much bias for subjective impression.
but i can count on them as an confirmation for measurements, like how crinacle give his impression for mh755, while speakerphone had measured it year ago.

Clavinejunkie makes the best measurements so you should wait until he measures both iems. I think you'll be surprised by my results. The Crescents measure very favorably against top of the line iems and without a doubt destroy the MH755s and MH1.

>I got Revonext QT 2 over Tinaudio T2 because audiobudget said something about modding it and people with sensitive hearing might disliking it.
Lmao my lad you fucked up big time. If you do have sensitive hearing the QT2 WILL rape your ears. The T2 is a little sibilant but its nothing next to the RN.
Oh and even if you are a pleb these two are polar opposites when it comes to sonic signature so you'll definitely feel the difference.
If you can handle the treble the QT2 has god tier bass and decent mids so its still a good choice for bassheads.

Clavinejunkie has set the standard for iem reviews with proper measurements, recordings, and spot on impressions. He's also not a paid shill like Crinacle or Zeos are. Even Bad Guy Good Audio has ties with Campfire Audio and BGVP these days so he's not as reliable.

Yinyoo V2 is designed for both styles of wear.

Attached: Yinyoo-V2-High-End-USA-Import-Dual-Diaphragm-1DD-Dynamic-Driver-In-Ear-Earphone-HIFI-DJ.jpg_640x640. (640x640, 124K)

thanks user, i was think clavinejunkie is just like another zeos, i take back my word.
gonna watch him.

Just so people know, this is where Clavinetjunkie state's he's heard the Moondrop Crescent and that he can't decide if it beats the Sony MH1 or not.

youtu.be/JAdahnpez_Y?t=620

When that review gets posted, expect the Crescent price to go up.

clavinetjunlkie is very treble sensitive person that hates most bright IEM's and HPs. The V80 are a bit sibilant but its sound quality is great nonetheless. Build quality and instrument separation is very good too.

Me too, i've been looking for a Zeos alternative because his sound demos are awful and he doesn't even measure iems. Clavinejunkie sounds right up my alley.

>tyll of iems
Stop.

Bear in mind though, clavinejunkie measurement rig is miniDSP EARS , and as stated in the manual:
>"Please note that EARS is not an industry-standard measurement head..."
so the measurement can't be directly compared to and replace actual industry-standard rig of rtings, oratory1990, crinacle, speakerphone, etc.
>Just do the compensation then for those different rig.
one of the reason is different acoustic impedance, more to read:
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7szpqm/199_minidsp_ears_vs_judes_gras_a_quick_comparison/dt9pm7d/
imgur.com/2gvAefX

>makes the best measurements
>doesnt even use a coupler
stop shilling

>0 - $1000+
>USA
>Neutral, highly value soundstage, imaging, detail

Clavinejunkie makes it perfectly clear where his preferences lie. I'm glad we have someone in the community that is as transparent. I believe crinacle has hidden many measurements for companies even though he's ranked them highly. Clavinejunkie publishes ALL his measurements.

I dont care about headfi niggers anyway.
You cant be objective when you are sponsored by more than 5 audio companies

Yinyoo V2 gen 2 is pretty neutral. I prefer it to the Tin T2. I haven’t heard the gen 3’s yet but they’re supposed to be pretty v-shaped compared to the T2’s. Yinyoo is sending me a free pair to review.

There’s also the hifiman RE-400 which are detail monsters.

he does looks like tyll.

>Zeos alternative because his sound demos are awful and he doesn't even measure iems
i think Zeos is "hype everything" kind of man, doesn't has actualy standpoint.
>Clavinejunkie publishes ALL his measurements.
there's no point. and that his rig is just affordable as iems itself.
while industry-standard measurement system can cost thousands of dollars.

He uses EARS because the canal is close to what we find in real life whereas couplers are very sterile and doesn't represent our anatomy. Oratory and Crinacle disclose this by saying they are following industry standards which isn't necessarily how our ears function due to resonances and how our canals are shaped.

>isn't necessarily how our ears function due to resonances and how our canals are shaped
but, there is acoustic impedance user.

His measurement rig might not be up to snuff but he is trying his very best and does it all for free. Clavinejunkie puts in so much effort tunning his rig in such a way that it is very dependable. Even guys like Crinacle can't afford the proper couplers and rely on counterfeits. Clavinejunkie's measurement have proven to be dependable.

>have proven to be dependable.
show me example.

What's your sub list /iemg/?

mine is: (Good reviewers i've come to trust and love.)
ClavineJunkie at the very top
Badguygoodaudio
Super*review
Techmanz

unsubed list: (Terrible reviews that no one should watch)
Zeos
DMS
Joshua Valour
Rtings
Jamesreviewroom

>don't you ever get tired of pretending that whatever new chifi is the absolute best sound quality you can get?
Is anyone this stupid? I always thought that people cream their pants for the newest chink memes not because they are the best but because they are a good bang for the buck.

well, i read raw measurements.
harman target sticks well to my brain.

>Techmanz
Literal Jew

My last earbuds that I had and later found from my pocket was Sony MDR-XB50AP. I'll hang myself if I rused myself.

How do you figure out which in ear monitors are good?

I guess I'm asking someone to teach a man to fish and not just give him one

>MDR-XB50AP.
it'll sound better for the most part. dont worry

Right now i have the Sennheiser CX 3.00 in use.
How good are the KZ ZSN and the KZ ZS6 compared to these?

I am wondering, because my Sennheisers start going bad on their cable.
The rubber coating is like depleting itself (leaving a greasy black matter). This happens both left and right, directly where the cable joins the in-ears.
So i have to replace them very soon and i am getting tired on Sennheiser and AKG, because ALL of their models i went through failed for such planned obsolescence shit and i am getting pissed now.

Attached: Sennheiser CX 3.00.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

well it's hard to say because some deal breakers are personal preference. there are some quick tech specs you can read to get a general idea (i.e. impedance, sensitivity and frequency range) but only listening to the IEMs will tell you. I try to listen to the details of the instrumentation, like can I identify what each instrument is doing at any given time? I try to see if I can pick out the bass track or any subtle ambience, things like that

personal preferences are things like the soundstage and the EQ curve. soundstage being the perceived distance and direction of the music (i.e does it sound like you're on stage or somewhere in the crowd). some IEMs also are darker than others or more neutral, ones made for professional musicians are usually darker because it's harder to hear those frequencies on stage.

You buy every single one made under every single manufacturing restraint and test all of them against the same standard.

waiting for these lil bitches to come
how i do

Attached: st0073853.jpg (1000x1000, 195K)

>how i do
youtu.be/jyRwhSXgSr0?t=2112

Enough said...

I got a ear infection from another persons earbud once.

Wouldn’t you get raped by import taxes if you order some CIEM from the US to Australia?

>I got a ear infection from another persons earbud once.
there are certain things no sane person would do.

>mh755
Seems a bit bassy, even to Harman.
The Korean sites have data on the Moondrop, but I find them a little hard to navigate.
blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=gre_nada&logNo=221407815438

>minidsp ears
How do you even get a result that shitty?
You can build a coupler with a plastic tube and some spare dummy ears and get a better result, never mind the middle ear impedance simulation. The basic tube resonance is wrong, it looks like the ear canals are too short.

yeah that's why you don't share, your ears have a carefully cultivated bacteria ecosystem specific to you and sharing earbuds introduces an imbalance that let's bacteria multiply unchecked

Are tin t2s still the goto meme in the 50 usd range?

What does darker mean?

How do I compare the frequency range of a headphone to the Harman chart?

More emphasis on bass and lower mids I think. Think Sennheiser HD650s.

>crin is a shill now because he gave the dm6 a b+
lmao

Just bought these. How did I do guys?

Attached: 249062079-544366845.jpg (800x800, 178K)

enjoy hearing a high pitched buzz for the rest of your life

those earphones are unhygienic and just fucking retarded

Attached: tinnitus_by_dr_dre.jpg (1022x982, 67K)

Daily reminder that these are the most underrated IEMs

Attached: acoustunehs1551cu_19.jpg (736x491, 120K)

got surpassed by the yinyoo V2 a few weeks ago when the 3rd version came out.

its good

What are those like, and what's the price? They look p good

I like these. £20. Excellent sound isolation and bass. Wood. Colourful. What's not to like?

Attached: SymphonizedNRG3.jpg (342x450, 15K)