ITT: arrogant, stubborn shitheads

authors of golang

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>t. rustoddler

Why would you create another programming language that isn't purely functional at this point? What's the point in Go?

mistaking strong opinions with being arrogant and or stubborn.
being offended yikes

Reminder that Go programmers are on average better than you.

Attached: 1544285104968.png (1470x656, 61K)

What does this graph show more exact?

I don't know user, I'm just making shit up

People lying? on the INTERNET?

>Failing this hard at greentext
Lurk more faggot.

>golang author
>bald
Go really gives you cancer, doesn't it?

>arrogant, stubborn shitheads

literally anyone in the FOSS world

functional is a meme

>that free thing isn't the exact free thing I wanted
>must be because of what assholes the people making me that free thing are
Nah, fuck off parasite.

For a meme, it's pretty damn fast, fun to develop in, and keeps my code very well structured.

install nim.

Attached: Nim-logo.png (1187x900, 42K)

>nim
>Compiles to C, C++ or JavaScript
um what
also, are there any serious projects written in nim?

The creators are some of the only users. Makes sense.

Yeah, I'm not too familiar with the JS and C++ toolchains, the C one seems to be the most commonly used.
there's a few pretty cool projects. Apparently its redis support is awesome, and there's this pretty neat async library now, so it makes a solid language for web middleware kind of stuff.
Nim has a fairly small community at the moment, but it compares with Go in a lot of ways (package management style, use cases, performance, etc). The two massive differences between Nim and Go are syntax and the way they use their type systems.

I don't know if this counts as "serious," but I rewrote a good ~5000ish lines of python scripts in Nim for work. Most of it is stuff for automating builds, document generation, tests, linting, stuff like that. We saw at least a 10x speed improvement over the Python stuff, and we also don't have problems related to people having different versions of Python, missing packages, etc. like we used to. Nim is a very ergonomic and kind of free-flowing language (at least for me), so it was really easy to rewrite all that stuff and the benefits were huge.

Attached: 1543271184655.jpg (750x750, 59K)

They are upset because Dart has now finally found its niche while its language, that focuses on incomprehensible container operations and lack of type safety isn't used by anyone.

> Not knowing who Ken Thompson is and how important he is in the history of Unix.

Jow Forums will forever be the shittiest collection of computer users on the planet. I think even Reddit has you tards beat at this point.

Ken Thompson is not in that picture, retard.
That's Pike and perhaps... Cox?

It's qt Russ Cox

The funny thing is that Rob Pike keeps acting high and mighty saying that Go is for Googlers who can't understand a "brilliant language", yet never says what it is.
For the record, I have never used Go in my life.

>ken
Kill yourself.

Yeah, like I said, Jow Forums is a collection of idiots. Why do you think I'm here?

this is the worst thread on the board right now

>Doesn't show C
Lol

You're here to save face after getting caught mistaking Rob Pike for Ken Thompson and at the same time telling everyone they are retards.

Save face on anonymous message board... k.

>Get paid more to use memes because normies are retarded fad-chasers and HR is absolutely stocked with normies.
I'm not surprised. Society is fucked by our general inability to identify bullshitters.