"Everything Is Fake": Ex-Reddit CEO Confirms Internet Traffic Metrics Are Bullshit

zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-27/everything-fake-ex-reddit-ceo-confirms-internet-traffic-metrics-are-bullshit

Attached: pao1.jpg (599x396, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/ekp/status/1078095527420383233
twitter.com/Chronotope/status/1078003966863200256
zerohedge.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wot?

This woman looks weird for a male. Not even real feminine.
Does he have a feminine cock atleast?

>water is wet

If true there is an argument for shareholders to sue many tech companies for misrepresentation of facts.

Yes, Google,Facebook,Pinterest,reddit and more allow pirate,erotics,polemic and more content just for say we had a lot user.

Been saying this for a while. Fb, ig, twitter, reddit etc are goig to be sued by investors for all the fake/troll/bot accounts they allow. They have to be misleading investors

>"It's all true: Everything is fake," tweeted Pao, adding "Also mobile user counts are fake. No one has figured out how to count logged-out mobile users, as I learned at reddit. Every time someone switches cell towers, it looks like another user and inflates company user metrics."
what are cookies?

only fact shareholders care about is the net worth of their shares

Nope, just an ugly roastie

>zerohedge

>site is blocked under my "fake news" DNS blocklist

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
HMM I WONDER IF IT'S REAL

Tell that to a Yahoo shareholder post M$ buyout refusal.

FB are more or less constantly being sued by advertisers for lying through their teeth - but they are probably no worse in that respect than most any other purveyors of snake oil space. Being sued by investors would be a higher hurdle altogether, not least as literally everyone lies, the whole house of cards would go if that class action was to succeed. But basically they can all go get fucked, an industry whose entire ethos is annoying ppl can hardly afford to have advertisers digging too deep into who they are actually annoying for their cash, exactly. Trusting professional liars to report stats correctly? good luck with that.

what a low quality post

I don't know. What are cookies?

pardon my dear friend, but whom are you quoting?

regardless of whether or how easy it could have been 'fixed' - the actual issue was/is, it was/is in no-ones interest to do so, a fact which Pao seems somehow not to grasp
>Hay Boss! I can make our siteview count shrink by 80%!

>he's so angry because he visited the site and thought it was real

Not really, no. Your bait incredibly weak.

It's real. All of the content is sourced and has links to proper and relatively trustworthy sites. That said, this is literally what zerohedge does. They have legit content mixed with fake news and outrage bait. Ironically enough it's owned by some Ukrainian/Russian dudes so it's essentially a stereotype.
That said, you're still retarded lemming for relying on external services to determine what's fake news and what's not.

Just go twitter account ex CEO reddit

HELLO, I AM THE TECH LEAD

damn you are angry

>can't count logged out mobile users as they switch to tower
wrong, it's easy as fuck to do.

>twitter.com/ekp/status/1078095527420383233
>twitter.com/Chronotope/status/1078003966863200256
It's sourced you fucking brainlet.

and?
she's an idiot who can't into technology, what makes it not fake?

>my "fake news" DNS blocklist
yeah that's bs - i tried suck a list and block a whole lot of quite not 'fake news' websites

Literally every comment says the same shit
a simple fucking cookie debunks all of the garbage she said. You brainlets.

Dude... this is sad. How can you live like that?

none of those big sites rely on cookies You brainlet

ik right? it's sad how stupid you redditors are.

what are you even talking about redditor?

>he thinks sessions don't use cookies
nu-Jow Forums everyone

>Every time someone switches cell towers, it looks like another user
Wow shes clearly got no idea, besides who cares its reddit....that whole platform is bots vs retards who cant think for themselves.

>69155381
low tier bait not even gonna give you a you

You were saying that it's fake news. Well the ex CEO of R*ddit did say it. The site is reporting on what she said.
G_d you're such a brainlet.

>he can't even use commas
nu-Jow Forums

>he can't even use commas
no effort for bait homie

>regardless of whether or how easy it could have been 'fixed' - the actual issue was/is, it was/is in no-ones interest to do so, a fact which Pao seems somehow not to grasp

The only way to get websites to "behave" are probably more class-action lawsuits from advertisers. It's pretty much fraud.

>ex-CEO tanks company that fired her as a PR stunt

Karma's a bitch, huh?

Before anyone points this out, I'll be the soon-to-be-called-stupid-one.
Cookies are no great way of identifiying users that are not logged in. That means, session cookies are on the clientside and can't be trusted 100%. There are enough people out there that block cookies or delete them with scripts periodically (after like 5 minutes automatically) that will make the visitor-counter go up. Since you can not even log the full ip address (thanks EU) it became even harder to write good visitorcounters, actually impossible because there is no way to detect if someone was here already 20 minutes ago. Most sites (and I am talking for a middlesized one that some people here may know) recount any (ip x.x.x.0+browser)-Hashcombo every hour and do not have 100% accurate counters anymore. If anyone has an idea on how to implement a good anti-spam system that is not recaptcha and does not rely on the full ip + browser user agent, please let me know.

i hope she made enough money to never be employed again, talking shit on twitter doesn't make you an attractive candidate

lol, she was an affirmative action hire for one of the biggest, no, THE BIGGEST propaganda site on the internet, and she's acting like fake internet stats is something new?

lmao.

I can't even begin to imagine all the manufactured pro-globalist propaganda shit that's forced to the front page of reddit daily.

There is literally nothing wrong with globalism

isnt this the same bitch that wants to massacre virgins?

She's a fraudster, do not believe a word she says.

Internet ads may be bullshit but her words mean nothing.

..eh?

Her husband is a bankrupt ex-hedge fund guy who lost a lot of money for his investors.
He filed a racial discrimination suit to try and make some money, but failed.
Then he advised his wife to do the same, which also failed.

They're neck deep in shit, and promoting diversity is the only thing they can do to stay afloat in their own cesspit.

Among other things, Ellen Pao advocates for the firing (and refusing to hire) any men who are virgins.
They're just really, really evil people. Caricatures you'd expect to see in a movie, but they actually exist in real life.

Attached: 1520878671687.jpg (655x578, 119K)

Advertiser who pay 5-6 figures monthly to advertise care.

>Wow shes clearly got no idea, besides who cares its reddit....that whole platform is bots vs retards who cant think for themselves.
imagine participating in that and having no idea, while also being smugly certain that it's not happening to you.

>Ellen Pao advocates for the firing (and refusing to hire) any men who are virgins.
First. Why? WTF?
Second. How is the employer gonna check you are/aren't one?

You're grossly overestimating the number of people who block or flush cookies.

>Advertiser who pay 5-6 figures monthly to advertise care.
it's not like people who spend that much money just say "oh ok i got this many views you say here's money" they have custom landing pages and offers and can track to the cent how much profit they make on every dollar spent on ads which in the end is all that matters

Mark Zuckerberg types probably find her hot.

Your existence makes other women uncomfortable therefore you are not allowed to be near them or speak to them otherwise you're oppressing them and preventing them from working in a safe environment free of perceived threats.

It's the same argument used to prevent some people from speaking or even entering some universities.

As far as I can remember the founder of Plebbit pretty much publicly admitted that the site was solely run by an elaborate bot system giving it an illusion of userbase to both increase it's visibility and reel in human userbase over time until the later substituted the former. Therefore what she says is just part of the course.

A male CEO should start not hiring any woman who is not a virgin unless she is married

>he doesn't know about the male hymen inside the urethra

Asians love doing this shit. They exist to make rules that disallow people from doing things for no good reason.

Water isn't fucking wet, it makes other things wet. Wet means something is covered in water. As an example, when you are covered in nice clothes, you say you are dressed up. Would you say that a suit hanging in your closet is dressed up?

> just part of the course

You should have yourself checked

I cannot deal with this right now sorry

Attached: 1527532305841.gif (195x229, 1.29M)

Water does not have a form, though. The suit is technically wearing a slightly larger suit if you slice the fabric along the thin plane. One water molecule cannot be wet, but two water molecules can both wet each other. It depends really if you're talking about the general form of water which is usually more than one molecule, or the singular molecular definition.

Don't care virgin

The Chad shitposter

This is the same chink that was so hated by reddit that reddit users shit on her until she was removed.

this desu

Most mobile IP changes happen within the same /64 subnet. They should track by ip ranges.

the ironic thing about these kinds of post is that they are used to broadcast smug superiority but are actually wrong, as described by

they are less bullshit than TV metrics do

she was quiet when she had a job

An HTTP cookie (also called web cookie, Internet cookie, browser cookie, or simply cookie) is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing.[wiki]

They're not fake, just inaccurate. Fake implies made up data but that is not true, she herself affirmed they were using REAL data. Getting more accurate data means breaching more privacy, which a lot of companies are known of doing, so unless privacy becomes a non issue there will never be accurate data.

What is GDPR ?

s/can't/won't

lol untouchables 2.0

Attached: 1512312986908.jpg (336x400, 180K)

>Every time someone switches cell towers, it looks like another user
this on itself is pure bullshit. mobile internet companies usually have all mobile users under the same IP address. why the fuck would changing cell tower change anything? unless they were using some very advanced method (how the fuck do you even get cell tower info from android or JS without special permissions?), they would have no such data (and if they did... , why the FUCK would you use THAT info to track mobile users???)

>What is GDPR ?
just another button that normies will automatically click when presented with it

>no great way
they are good enough, though, or at least were before GDPR.

Penis inspection day.

Moot banned most t mobile IPs because it was impossible to keep track of banned users using it.

>part of the course

Water is covered in water. Go back to r*ddit.

It's all those damned privileged white male russian bots

Attached: 1543328886890.jpg (800x1000, 82K)

Not an argument

You my cucked friend.

t. not a pajeet

Attached: 2f7.jpg (601x508, 31K)

>GDPR
reddit already has a "we use cookies" banner like almost every site on the internet now. Adding in another cookie to track mobile users will not require them to do anything else lol

I block cookies desu falalam.

Maybe she is still salty from having been fired from reddit lmao

Fire burns things and also burns itself ("The fire is slowly burning"), so why can't water be wet?

what does it means what she said here
"90% of reddit users were logged out while I was there, and most didn't have userIDs"

it's pretty crazy how you can still tell what this picture is supposed to be

Attached: Internet.jpg (900x2002, 827K)

>5000+ are talking about this
Its surreal seeing him talk about it and reflect it in the same post.

Attached: Screenshot_20190101-163434_Samsung Internet.jpg (1080x1124, 539K)

>zerohedge.com

Attached: 1532944228570.jpg (216x225, 6K)

>implying I'm making one, and not just calling you a kike

I have a million of these, I love them

Attached: 1527502582501.gif (333x358, 1.83M)

How are these made?