Need a new phone, is pic related worth it?

Need a new phone, is pic related worth it?

Attached: 16_Blue_RGB_Back_Pen.jpg (1600x1200, 90K)

>worth it
It's a fair price for something so refined and advanced.

Is it worth it all you do is browse the web and text? fuck no

The Note 9 is basically 20% betterthan the Note 8 for double the price, I'd get a Note 8 if I were you.

stay away from samshit.
they make you pay for any sort of malfunction.

Is your model root/ROM-able? If yes, then yes it's a good phone with good specs, and a neat stylus. If no, then no. It's a good phone, but it's held back by bloated software, and useless services.

No. Avoid Samsung because they modify android to a retarded level. The "block number" function from your call list that comes as standard does not exist on samsung devices and you have to download an app to do that. Someone in my family bought one and asked for help because he was getting a lot of cold calling and I mentioned he could block numbers. When he gave me the phone IMAGINE MY SHOCK when I found out block number does not exist on samsung.

Are you autistic and feel the need to root/flash a pajeet ROM? Then no, the Note 9 isn't worth it. Do you intend to just use it out of box? Then yeah it's literally the best phone on the market.

??. It's at the bottom of the screen when you check your call logs.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190101-095716_Contacts.jpg (1079x325, 31K)

>Then yeah it's literally the best phone on the market.
Hardware wise, but gookware fucks it completely, and negates all the top of the line hardware.

How so? What specific software? I disabled the stock UI and am using Nova. Disabled and uninstalled all the software/apps I don't need or use. I get around 2 days of moderate use between charges.

lol no

>Is your model root/ROM-able? If yes, then yes it's a good phone with good specs, and a neat stylus. If no, then no
Exactly this. Note 9 is a top buy when it drops down to around $400.

hmmm Ill have to double check, don't remember seeing it there.

You're stuck with the turbo bloat touchjizz times. Still worse than muh stock google but nowhere near like chinkphone users believe it is.

It's in the call logs. Go to the offending number, tap it, hit details. Brings up the ability to block, add contact, etc.

Just get s9 plus, its basically the same, bjt few hundred $ less

>You're stuck with the turbo bloat touchjizz times.
It still exists today.

ITT: SEETHING itoddlers still mad that note 9 is literally the best phone on the market and absolutely shits on their meme XR gayphone for like half the price

No stylus, not the same. Not even closely.

It's exactly the same price as the XR.

but has twice the feature of the ishit XS/XR

Dunno whats the price in USA but in my cuntree, I got the Note 9 for ~600 euros with a nornal phone plan. The same telecom was selling the XR for ~1000 euros with more expensive plan

Different poster.

Is this a decent phone and worth the $200?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 2.32.29 PM.png (1551x671, 378K)

>sony
no, never
t. fell for the xperia meme

Phone plans aren't a good way to compare, iPhone plans are always a ripoff.
IPhone XR ranges between 785€ and 1019€ while the Note 9 ranges between 772€ and 1111€, depending on each phones versions of course.

I haven't owned that many phones, but I've had three Samsungs and they were all great.

I went with a Motorola for my current phone and quickly regretted it: glitchy as shit and the updates have fucked the battery life plus UI keeps crashing. Also, the camera seems to automatically apply a smoothing filter to people's faces and there's no way to turn it off.
I'll be getting another Samsung soon to replace this PoS.

So yeah, get a Samsung. Or at least avoid Motorola.

Attached: 1530363006276.jpg (1435x963, 1.32M)

nah just buy a nokia

I've been nothing but impressed with my Pocophone F1, and completely recommend it to anyone

I have it OP, most people in the thread probably don't, lol.

"stock android" is a total meme nowadays, and I really hate to say it because I came from a Pixel XL, a G4 (which was dogshit), and a G2 with custom roms. Like personally, everything I wanted beforehand is now available on stock. I'd rather have a rom made by koreans than pajeets lol but that's just me

If you want a phone that has literally everything on paper, absolutely take it. I got a mean deal for it from best buy for $300 off, and they price match if you find a better deal within a month iirc, but that's a us fag over here. Pic related is what I get if I try to push the phone, but easily get over 24 hours of total battery if I let it go

This is my first Samsung that I had, so I can't really say on longevity, but right now I have had literally no lag

also pic related was before I switched to WHQD+, on that I get 7hrs of SOT and 24 hours or more if I let it go.

Hopefully that helps OP

Attached: photo_2018-12-15_08-28-03.jpg (622x1280, 58K)

oh, and if you're not doing anything too intensive, I'd say you can look somewhere else. I took it because of the good deal and wanting something future proof

That phone would be amazing if you could rom the gook out of it.

I have an XZ2 6GB and it has been a brilliant phone for me so far.

What would suggest for ~ $200 and around that size or smaller?

Got one and love it, it is fucking large though. I use it a lot at work, I’m a researcher and often need to take quick notes so it is perfect.

some chinkshit, check the xiomis/meizus

not OP, but im thinking of getting the Note 9. Never used Galaxies kr any Samsung phones before, so Im but clueless. Whats mostly important to me is the camera, how decent are the videos it makes? Im shooting youtube videos as a hobby and I was using my phone sonfar, but now I have some saved money and need to chose either a new phone or some camera, but id prefer if I could get a phone instead since my old one is starting to die on me

Attached: house.jpg (800x585, 103K)

No phone is worth more than 350 bucks.
At least not yet.

My sister bought one recently, she's a fan of the Note lineup. I checked it out and I honestly like my LG V30 better. It's much cheaper as well.

The back cameras are great. You get optical 2x zoom. I hear they're better than iphones. Also, they come with a ton of storage and a microsd slot so they're perfect for video.
The front camera is okay. I can't take selfies with this phone because every photo turns out like garbage.

>twice the battery
hmmm

Thanks.
Dont really care about front camera, I rarely use it anyway, im glad the main cameras are alright, should be enough for making hobbyist youtibe vids then

>but it's held back by bloated software, and useless services
>I dont need means it useless
retard, thats why people choose Samsung over iPhone or Xiaomi: to have everything possible in a phone. Otherwise you can get a Pocophone or some other chickphone

Note 9 owner here. The cameras are great. 4k recording and slo-mo as well.

Yes. DeX alone is worth it.

t. Proud note 9 owner

>326 ppi
>lcd in 2009+10
*inhales*
HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA

>retard, thats why people choose Samsung over iPhone or Xiaomi
No, they don't. Who's ever said "I'm not buying a phone without TouchWiz."? And even Samsung is at their third attempt of developing a half decent UI implementation. Luckily the Note 9 has custom ROM support anyway.

Is their any phone I can buy that's not tampered with chink shit.

Not exactly.
>3 GB RAM
>not even a 1080p screen on a 6.1" panel
>no micro SD card slot and no 3.5mm audio jack
>around $800

Thanks.
Tho, I was watching some vids about the note 9 on youtube and saw that for some reason it cant record 4k vids for more than 5 mins, is that really the case? Sounds pretty retarded, considering you can pretty much get a terabyte of space on this phone, why the limitation?

>I've read about how a now obsolete software was bad about 7 years ago, so I feel the need to perpetuate the meme about how bad it is
>I've never used it btw

Nice telepathic abilities. And, well, hasn't Samsung reinvented their UI yet again? There's nothing to argue about here.

>why the limitation?

Video recording limits are pretty common.
Most common causes are overheating and file size limitations.

Most devices are also limited to 20 minutes due to a stupid EU import tariff designed to protect European manufacturers of VCR's.

It would be amazing if a smartphone manufacturer was ready to give LineageOS by default on their phone (with Gapps installed out of the box). It would literally be extremely cheap to hire some android devs to give an official LineageOS support. The freetard would be happy to be able to install LineageOS without Gapps, the normies would be happy with a more lightweight OS.
I don't think normies care that much about the "features" (bloat) added by Samsung, this is clearly not something they take into account when buying a phone.
Clearly Samsung earn more money selling user data and locking their user in the Samsung ecosystem which is clearly just the same thing as google but for samsung only (contact and photo sync).

Can confirm it's not so bad now.
Only annoying thing is Bixby.

Minor inconvenience people just deal with for having the best phone hardware on the market.

Welp, that sucks. Not that I plan on shooting a lot of 4k vids, but its still annoying. Is there any way to get around those limitations?

iphone

Who the fuck cares if they changed the names?
As a Samsung user, I've had split screen, fingerprint sensor, iris scanner, gestures, pen, desktop environment, edge apps, etc, before AOSP.
If you don't like it, you're free to get anything you like:
A Google Pixel with no Miracast and no SDcard
A bootlooping LG
A proven spyware infested Huawei or Xiaomi
A LCD equipped ASUS in 2010+19
A notched with no audio jack iPhone

I'm still waiting for you to tell us what's so useless which you cannot remove.
Something useless for more users (at least 20%), not just for you personally

>Samsung
>Chinese

>Foxconn iChink
>not Chinese

you can even remap the bixby button with the bxactions app, no root needed

iPoone is now Indian

its not terrible. i hope the xz4 comes with a 3.5mm jack so i can go back to sony

wait, you can?
BASED user

>Who the fuck cares if they changed the names?
Holy shit... The name? You're not actually serious, are you? The fucking name?

>TouchWiz is bloated
>*Samsung changes the name, but doesn't removes anything*
>Samsung Experience is much better
>*Samsung changes the name again, but doesn't removes anything*
>One UI is perfect now
you fell for it
|>
|

You're a retard who doesn't even know how to use greentext correctly, stupid faggot.
Note 9 has a 4000 mAh battery vs. the Note 8 3300 mAh battery.

Attached: b_1544358831156.png (500x348, 307K)

>a bootlooping lg
vs
>an exploding Samsung
I'd pick a refurbed lg that doesn't bootlooping over the thousand dollar pocket grenade that can't be rom'd.

>4000 mAh battery vs. the Note 8 3300 mAh
>48 hours vs 18 hours of normal usage
>6 vs 3 SOT
hmmm

>You're a retard who doesn't even know how to use greentext correctly, stupid faggot.
it's hilarious how basement dwellers act exactly like women when they lose an argument:
>you'll never have a women like me
>you're a virgin

Note 8 owner here.
If you question whether or not you need the Note (8 or 9) over a S (or any other phone at that point), then you most likely don't

Attached: LiveMessage_2019-01-01-20-51-46.gif (450x450, 355K)

>he doesn't use a 3rd party call filtering app like truecaller
lmao

botnet

Iphone is better, factually

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Attached: pretendinggoodidea.jpg (790x1229, 121K)

>and still no valid arguments were provided why touchwizz is so shit and Xioami or Dogee or OnePlus or OneUI is so God

You can usually root/rom/debloat/custom kernel xiaomi, and one plus, so that makes them pretty gud.

>and still no valid arguments were provided why touchwizz is so shit
Are you just taking the piss at this point?
>and Xioami or Dogee or OnePlus or OneUI is so God
Who even brought this up instead of you right now?

dumb and chickpilled

>buying gook tech
oof

Nice meme reply.

>flagshit buyers
What an awful thread.

>buying pajeetphones
oof

There's "block contact" in the ... menu of a contact too.

>he willingly installs software that tells its central server everyone that calls him

>samshit
yikes

>using "yikes" outside of an Applel thread
yikes

oof

>using "oof" anywhere, ever
yikes

It has DEX build in, so you can hook your phone up to a monitor and use it as you would use your PC. It basically transforms it into a android-desktop environment. Beware tho, you won't have similar privacy controls as you would have with windows 10.

As usual, apple completely misses the boat and comes up with something similar 5 years from now.

Apple & Samsung are the same shit in phone market.
Lg, Nokia, zte, Chinese stuff, these are guys who care

You're absolutely buttfuck retarded if you can't see the writing on the wall from fuschia and windows 10 and think that apple isn't developing something behind closed doors

this aint it, chief

I preordered my note9 so I've been using it for a while. The camera, when you focus, analyzes the scene and uses software to optimize the pictures; they've all come out great!

With regards to shooting video, nothing looks better than 4k60fps. Sometimes a 30 second video takes up 250mb tho. However, I bought the one with 512gb of innate storage, so those video sizes don't bother me.

If you buy it you won't be disappointed. Just slap a case and screen protector on it asap.

reddit phone

Based

I have the s8+ and the meme screen curve and 18:9 aspect ratio makes the 6.2inch screen seem smaller than the 5.5 inch on my old iphone.

sucks tbf

I does exist? I get the option to block any call i want. You must not phone very well.