Tech that will never actually happen

Tech that will never actually happen

> artificial intelligence
> quantum computers
> interstellar travel
> life extension beyond ~120 years

Attached: 05100FD9-7CBB-4A5F-B896-51D41DA9B099.jpg (1024x1004, 81K)

Technological plateau incoming

Enjoy the golden age of human achievement while you still can

Don't quantum computers already exist though?

in development
op is a trog

>artificial intelligence
Already been a thing for years you brainlet

you believe in magic

as expected from a phoneposter

>Sex robots

>AI
already exists
>quantum computers
already exists
>interstellar travel
most likely, voyager 1 is already out of the solar system
>life extension beyond ~120 years
If I recall correctly, cell biology is the most rapidly advancing area of science right now

>> artificial intelligence

You need to be more specific. AI is a very large field. The most successful subset so far is Expert Systems.

There is at least one Expert System program that has earned a PHD in Chemistry in the field of Mass Spectrometer data analysis.

What is the highest level of education that you have finished, OP?

>The oldest person ever whose age has been verified is Jeanne Calment (1875–1997) of France, who died at the age of 122 years, 164 days.
So what arbitrary number do you want to set now?

Machine learning isn't ai. You're spoon-feeding an algorithm to do a certain thing.

> interstellar travel
You mean FTL travel. We could go interstellar today, it would just take us over a hundred years to arrive anywhere.

>The Expert System meme of the early 80's achieved PhD status in 40 years.
Most people do that in 22 and also know to do hundreds of different things on the side.

>AI
>already exists
lol

>interstellar travel
>most likely, voyager 1 is already out of the solar system
lol

t. magelet

Chinese have quantum computers right now.

>year of the linux desktop

> interstellar travel
The math has proven that FTL is possible, the issue is the energy cost.
Natural killer cell inhibition and tellamere extension say you're retarded. Those are the two biggest impediments to life extension and rapid gains in understanding their mechanisms have occurred in the last decade and we're just now getting to experimenting with controlling them.

Would you like a list of things we have now that retards like you in the 1950's would say will never happen?

Heterosexual Apple products

Improve your tenuous grasp of English before you try to use the fucking language to argue with someone. It literally causes me physical pain to read your garbage, even though I'd be among the first ones to show some empathy towards non-native speakers since English is my fourth language.

Improve your tenuous grasp of English before you try to use the fucking language to argue with someone. It literally causes me physical pain to read your garbage, even though I'd be among the first ones to show some empathy towards non-native speakers since English is my fourth language.

>Can't argue his shitty opinions.
Why so salty about your lack of understanding?

Attached: 1305995619781.png (509x572, 40K)

>completely butchers the language he uses as a conduit for his arguments
>still feels his argument being superior
mmkay, this is where I take my leave, enjoy your delusions

>Can't argue the original topic of the thread.
>Quick, shift to complaining about insignificant English grammar points on a Taiwanese sock puppet forum.

i understood what he said perfectly fine you silly fedora tipper

Only correct posts in this thread right now.

Attached: 1510743415359.webm (600x453, 291K)

Jazz

I think that the year of the Linux desktop could be 2019, especially given how easy to use arch has become.

We'll see the first two in our life time.

>AI
Depends entirely on the definition of AI.
>quantum computers
Already here you numb nut. Both quantum annealers and general quantum computers. Just not powerful enough to ditch supercomputers yet.
>interstellar travel
Generation ships.
Unless we find a way to prevent neurodegenerative diseases, yeah, not happening any time soon. Reliable 80+ is totally doable, just replace the heart and use blood thinners.